[SBurk49] The Collection

Members are welcome and encouraged to "Show Their Cards" here. Don't be bashful!
Forum rules
  1. Make a new thread. Be sure to put your username in square brackets [] at the beginning of the title.

2. Write a small (or big, if you want) introduction about you, your collection and your collecting habits.

3. Post as many pictures of your decks as you want in your thread, with or without descriptions.
    (But please refrain from posting pictures of your collection in someone else's thread.)

4. Have fun with it, be creative, and check out other users' threads as well :)

SBurk49
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 300

[SBurk49] The Collection

Unread post by SBurk49 »

My only comment:

I wish I already had all my KS decks I've pledged so I would feel better about the amount of money I've spent.

What do y'all think?

https://scontent-a-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/t1.0-9/10154558_10201101768464843_399413750917819196_n.jpg
"Cards are war, in disguise of a sport."
Jock1971

Re: Burk's Collection

Unread post by Jock1971 »

Hi There SBurk49 . That`s a nice Haul you have there, How long have you been collecting ? Any favorites yet ? I Have seen your Kickstarter list in another thread and you`ve got some great cards coming your way. Have you got a wish list yet ? what cards are you getting next and what cards have you seen but just can`t seem to buy anywhere ? You seem to like Bicycle branded cards,do you prefer branded to unbranded. A lot of questions to help understand you and your tastes better ;) -Jase- :D
SBurk49

Unread post by SBurk49 »

Jock1971 wrote:Hi There SBurk49 . That`s a nice Haul you have there, How long have you been collecting ? Any favorites yet ? I Have seen your Kickstarter list in another thread and you`ve got some great cards coming your way. Have you got a wish list yet ? what cards are you getting next and what cards have you seen but just can`t seem to buy anywhere ? You seem to like Bicycle branded cards,do you prefer branded to unbranded. A lot of questions to help understand you and your tastes better ;) -Jase- :D
Jase,

I've been collecting since about mid-March 2014.

No absolute favorites right now, but I LOVE the way the Pressers from Ellusionist feel. Something about the finish is different, but I cant put my finger on it. If i had to pick a fave, I would probably say my Ghost Decks or my Karnival Dead Eyes.

I agree, I cannot wait to get my KS decks in. It's killing me.

My wish list right now is the Federal 52 series. If I could afford them, I would buy them all right now. That in mind I'm trying to catch up on the good KS decks that I've missed.

Right now, Silver Split Spades is next on my list. But at the moment, I'm expanding my collection by buying cards on sale. If something is REALLY exceptional, I MIGHT pay full price. I love decks that are a "remix" of the classic rider backs, but I am a complete SUCKER for custom pips and courts. I wish they would make cards that had both. (i.e. Tragic Royalty Deck)

I cant seem to find Rebels at a decent price, and the Grid Series that was a KS series a while back.

And finally, Bicycle Branded FTW. It kinda irks me when decks don't have a Bicycle brand version. (i.e. The Independence Decks <<Sorry, Jackson) But if a deck is exceptional enough, (Pressers, Independence Decks, Split Spades, Rebels) I will get them.

I open ALL the decks I buy. They are meant to be played with. That's what I do. However, I do not practice Cardistry or Magic with my more ornamental decks. I have severely sweaty hands and after a few hours I'll destroy a deck.

I hope it's not too long of a response, but I hope it helps yall understand the type of Cardist I am.

Word to your mother. :)
Eoghann

Unread post by Eoghann »

A Bicycle fan I see, you're gonna LOVE (and hate) CBJ's collector spotlight coming soon. He's a hardcore Bike fan (almost exclusively collects them) and his collection is massive.

I'm not much of a Bike fan myself, but I don't exactly mind them when they're worked nicely into the tuck.

As for your collection, that's an excellent start! Before long you won't even know where to put 'em, trust me. :)
SBurk49

Re: [SBurk49] The Collection

Unread post by SBurk49 »

Just a small update. 122 in this picture. I've added more since I have taken this picture but I figured I would post my 3 month benchmark.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/t1.0-9/10450342_10201356159064449_4287114360286942354_n.jpg
wahl0108
Decks Owned: 121

Unread post by wahl0108 »

Nice to see someone who also opens all their decks. Nice taste, I might add. Congrats :)
Romans VIII.XXXVII-XXXIX

ISO:
Boss Deck
Jock1971

Unread post by Jock1971 »

Some great additions SBurk49 :D . i particularly like how your Karnival set is coming along and the Anne Stokes. I see you have the Split Spades you were after, whats next on your Hit-list.
SBurk49

Unread post by SBurk49 »

Jock1971 wrote:Some great additions SBurk49 :D . i particularly like how your Karnival set is coming along and the Anne Stokes. I see you have the Split Spades you were after, whats next on your Hit-list.
I think I am gonna tackle the Karnival series some more. I want the Holographic/Foil tucks on the Midnights, Dose and Renegades.

I was given an Inferno deck as a thank you from Richie, but honestly that thing creeps me out. I still havent opened it. And i open ALL of them.

Dont get me wrong, they are a BEAUTIFULLY created deck of cards, but I dont do demons or occult stuff. Nope. Tryna find some way to pawn them off on someone who would appreciate them.