My Favorite Artist

Resurrected threads will be moved back up to the correct board above.
Cardshark
Collector: Yes
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 0

Re: [Cardshark] Collection

Unread post by Cardshark »

:?:
"Normal is merely a setting on the dryer."
Cardshark

:?:
ecNate
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 400

Unread post by ecNate »

Cardshark wrote:...Donna and Michael invited me to the board. They confirmed that I have the fifth largest collection in the world.
Looking at your pictures I certainly don't doubt this could be the case, it's an insane amount of decks for sure! However, I'm more curious how that was determined and if there is a 'list'. In addition, is that based on total decks or number of unique decks. It's no longer public information on Portfolio 52, but in the past (and I can confirm it still is) that Victor has the largest collection there in terms of unique decks (2371) as listed there. Obviously his actual number of decks is more than this when counting duplicates though. In addition, there are certainly people like yourself that can't possibly update all their decks from scratch into the database so they aren't listed. I assume there may also be some quiet isolated people around the world who have massive collections that aren't known about at all.

So again, I'm just curious if Mike made that statement based on those he knows about and how many are in your collection (both unique and total) and how that compares with the others in the top 5?
Cardshark

:!:
Cardshark

:cry:
shaitani
Cardist: Yes
White Whale: Artistic Spring

Unread post by shaitani »

Cardshark wrote:Ecnate , I want to thank you for making what was supposed to be enjoyable a competition . I only repeated what I was told. Did not mean to step on anyone's toes. I did not make it up. I am out of here.
I don't believe that ecnate was trying to make it a competition, my guess is that he was trying to figure out who else has world-class collections, but I'll let him speak for himself. But anyway it wouldn't matter even if he was, because there's no way to really make it one, and from my experience around here, no one really tries to. Sometimes people try to be the first to get something or break news about something, but most people are kind of working together here.

There's also lots of people (including me) that just enjoy seeing impressive collections because it's our hobby and we want to talk to other people that have been bitten by the bug. So I hope you'll reconsider, and decide to stick around.
ecNate

[Cardshark] Collection

Unread post by ecNate »

Wow. I have no idea how you got that twisted around. I am actually just curious if there is a list and how many you have.

Edit - as stated in my message to you I will apologize for any confusion. I am not in any competition myself and just want to learn more about your collection. I think you can offer a lot to the group and hope you reconsider. Anyhow we can just focus on your cards instead of the counts, that's fine. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ecNate

Re: My Favorite Artist

Unread post by ecNate »

Well looks like he left over this, which just boggles my mind. I never once questioned the validity he seems to be upset over and directly said so in my first comment. My statement of "I'm just curious if Mike made that statement based on those he knows about and how many are in your collection (both unique and total) and how that compares with the others in the top 5?" should be read as WHY as in "is there a list?"

Anyhow, in case he does come back I'll provide more context on why I was asking:

I helped the creator of the playing card database website which was then bought and now run by Alex of Seasons Playing cards where I still volunteer and help support in its current form of Portfolio 52. One of the popular features was the ability to see all collections and sort by size in terms of total cards or unique cards. People are proud of their collections and understandably some will want to see where they rank. Alex temporarily removed this feature last year due to possible privacy concerns until he can work out a way for people to opt out, but a number of people complained and really missed it. Thus, if there was some other list/website that I wasn't aware of then I could direct people to it for updates and reference. I'm not a quantity collector, I have too many other expensive habits to get into that game, so I honestly DO NOT CARE. However, it's important to some and that's OK!!! Heck, clearly Cardshark is proud of the fact that Mike/Donna said his was a top 5 since he repeated it. AGAIN, THAT IS FINE!!! I have no issue with that, so confused why he wouldn't want to talk more about it then.

Anyhow, apparently there isn't a list and it was just an off hand statement made meaning he has a ton and probably in the top that they have seen. So my question is answered and we can move on. Hopefully that clears it up and he returns.