Brief questions on KS deck backing (Payment and EPCC)

Anything and everything related to PLAYING CARD projects on crowdfunding sites EXCEPT the threads about specific projects, which go in "New & Custom Decks"
Forum rules
Kickstarter "Hall of Shame" here: http://www.unitedcardists.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=4317" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
pablo

Brief questions on KS deck backing (Payment and EPCC)

Unread post by pablo »

I haven't backed a deck, or anything for that matter, in KS for a while now.

While trying to fund the Macabre deck by lotrek I found that I can't just pay with my Amazon payments account but have to input my credit card details? Is there no longer the option to pay through amazon?

Also, before everyone wanted decks printed by USPCC and now I'm seeing more and more projects with EPCC, is this a new and better company? What are the differences in terms of quality and collectability?

Thanks to anyone who can help me out with either of the questions.

Regards
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Re: Brief questions on KS deck backing (Payment and EPCC)

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

I'll just answer briefly, as I'm sure others will fill in more details than I have off the top of my head.

Yes, Kickstarter changed their payment processor from Amazon to Stripe some time ago. I suppose this makes it easier for those unfamiliar with Amazon payments.

The USPCC vs EPCC/LPCC debate is still ongoing and in constant flux (both in terms of pro's and con's, and general opinion). The USPCC still has the superior finish in terms of glide. EPCC/LPCC used to have a quicker turnaround, but with the increased demand they're now becoming quite backed up. They also have always had a 1,000 deck minimum, and although the USPCC has started toying with the idea I don't think that's available for everyone yet (currently at 2,500 decks). EPCC/LPCC has had better registration up until now, and the USPCC runs usually end at the upper limit of the 10% over/under (which the designer/producer then has to pay for), something that I have not heard that much of from customers of EPCC/LPCC.
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
pablo

Re: Brief questions on KS deck backing (Payment and EPCC)

Unread post by pablo »

Thank you! You've been great help :D