add-ons and reward tiers

Anything and everything related to PLAYING CARD projects on crowdfunding sites EXCEPT the threads about specific projects, which go in "New & Custom Decks"
Forum rules
Kickstarter "Hall of Shame" here: http://www.unitedcardists.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=4317" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
fars

add-ons and reward tiers

Unread post by fars »

wouldnt it be easier for a KS creator to just do the different increments of decks in reward tiers and add-ons for non-deck rewards? (ie. posters, coins)

I'm looking at some of the campaigns on KS and calculating add-ons, seems much pricier than pledging the reward tiers. Is this common for campaigns to make more off add-on decks?
montecarlojoe
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: Avant Guard UL Gr - No17 Crown
Decks Owned: 690

Re: add-ons and reward tiers

Unread post by montecarlojoe »

One factor in that is that in the tiers packaging and shipping of the bulk of the tier can be taken into account - which is tricky to do with addons.

Another factor is that the addons may constitute a whole new printing run with likely fewer decks being bought, or shorter runs which cost more per deck to print. The cost of that run needs to be covered too.

I doub't creators are making more off addons than the basic tiers even if they do cost a dollar or so more per deck.
fars

Re: add-ons and reward tiers

Unread post by fars »

I always thought be easier to keep track with tier rewards strictly for decks. Add-ons is anything besides decks (coins, posters etc.). I do notice a price difference in some campaigns between tier pledge and add-ons.

Thanks for offering your insight.