Bringing Up Old Business...Thanks to [Name redacted]

Resurrected threads will be moved back up to the correct board above.
Don Boyer
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Magician: Yes

Bringing Up Old Business...Thanks to [Name redacted]

Unread post by Don Boyer »

I had a piece of information I thought I'd drop off here. I have no idea how frequently VJose32 checks his Facebook account and he's not just banned at PCF, he's now deleted as well. Why, you ask? Read on...

I early November, I posted on my Facebook fan page about the PCF's 100,000th Post Contest. A little over an hour ago, [Name redacted] thought it would be nice to respond, despite the contest being over for quite a few weeks now.

[Name redacted]: "Well it won't be me because you banned me for having an opinion."

It was not a good idea to contact me like this. Here's the reply he got - I broke it up into paragraphs for easier comprehension.

"Actually, [Name redacted], that's not entirely true. You were banned for making thinly-veiled accusations impugning my integrity and those of fellow staff member Lee Asher and former owner Alex Yusupov on June 10th of last year at 11:53:17 AM EDT. You were nearly universally negative in everything you posted and when it started to pile up on you like a ton of bricks, you attempted to play the martyr but no one bought into it.

You were asked to move on and give this attitude up not just by the owner of PCF (and president of 52 Plus Joker) Tom Dawson, but also by the owner of United Cardists, Mike Ratledge - two forums that have a reputation (more undeserved these days than before) for never agreeing on anything! But you chose the low road and this is where it led. Mike was kind enough to let you back in, but then again, you didn't accuse him of using his authority to create false accounts and boost his own reputation.

[Name redacted], your problems are of your own creation and no one else's. People who participate in the Playing Card Forum know that I actually seek out people with differing opinions from my own - without the free flow of ideas, the conversation stagnates and gets very boring. The moment you realize this is the moment you start to live a better life.

BTW: I noticed that you have been boosting your reputation score, since the last time I saw it, it was somewhere below negative twenty and today stands at sixty-nine. Thanks for showing me this - I'll go ahead now and delete your account as well as ban your IP addresses you've used. Congratulations - you're the only actual human being on PCF to go from banned to deleted! That is an honor usually only reserved for spambots. Your posts, however, will remain. In the event you manage to miss this post on Facebook, I'll be reposting it in the two forums mentioned. I strongly recommend that you don't post to any accounts associated with me at any social media website you happen to use, unless of course you're feeling exceptionally masochistic."

Now if you'll excuse me, I have an account to delete... Before I forget, here's the topic where I posted about this on the PCF:
http://www.playingcardforum.com/index.php?topic=6682" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

FYI: we don't permit multiple personal accounts to a single user at PCF. I'm guessing you have a similar policy here? It's what precipitated the IP ban.

To any 52+J members here: Card Culture #02 comes out tomorrow - check your in-box. It's nearly triple the size of Issue #01!
VP/Dir. of Club Forum/Chair Diamond Awards Cmte., 52 Plus Joker Club - http://52plusjoker.org/
Proprietor, Don Boyer Magic - http://donboyermagic.com/
The Deck Tailor, a division of Don Boyer Magic - Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Sharps - http://www.thedecktailor.com/