OATH Playing Cards - Lotrek's new brand

These are official company threads only. Do not start new topics here.

OATH Playing Cards - Lotrek's new brand

Unread postby Lotrek » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:41 pm  

Hi all,

After 4 years in playing card design as HalfMoonPlayingCards, I'm changing my brand name to “OATH Playing cards”.

I like the word "OATH" as a designing material but I mainly like it for its meaning. "OATH" is there to always remind me of my commitment to delivering the best I can, the fastest I can (...cough)
To make the second part happen, the change in name also comes with a major change in the way I work: In return for the trust and patience you have shown to me, I decided to remove the risk and waiting from your shoulders and put it on mine: ALL the upcoming decks I print myself and involve experiments with new materials and techniques will NOT BE kickstarter projects. They will all be self-funded, with the sale starting only after the production is through. This means that when you open your wallet, you will know that no delays, unpleasant surprises or failed promises will occur. I’ll be using KS only for the decks that will be printed in larger quantities, by the major companies where production issues is the exception.

I'm ready to take that OATH!

Thank you all for your support.

Lotrek
"Bite more than you can chew and then chew it"

----------------------------------------------------------
fb: https://www.facebook.com/oathplayingcards/.
twitter:@OathPCC
Lotrek
✔ VERIFIED Designer
Master
Master

Re: OATH Playing Cards - Lotrek's new brand

Unread postby misterharmanko » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:56 pm  

Hi Lotrek,
Glad to see this is finally coming to fruition. I think this is a great decision, the best of both worlds so to speak.
Eager to hear what you have planned.
Wishing yourself and OATH all the best. :D
misterharmanko
Journeyman
Journeyman

Re: OATH Playing Cards - Lotrek's new brand

Unread postby EndersGame » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:03 am  

Lotrek's Golden Oath deck was recently named as "Deck of the Year 2017" by 52 Plus Joker at their October convention - congratulations!

Since his first designs for RSVP (Timeless & Butterfly) and for his own Half Moon label (VeneXiana, and Grotesque), Lotrek's style has really evolved and progressed. The designs under his new brand Oath Playing Cards are outstanding, especially his ongoing Treasure Series (Icons, Liturgy, Golden Oath, Sanctus, and Ambassadors), and show a love for Byzantine art, innovative use of foil, and luxurious packaging.

For those wanting an introduction to all of Lotrek's major designs, I've covered them all in two pictorial articles here:

Playing cards to treasure from Lotrek (Part 1): Timeless, Butterfly, VeneXiana, and Grotesque
Playing cards to treasure from Lotrek (Part 2): Icons, Liturgy, Golden Oath, Sanctus, and Ambassadors

BoardGameGeek reviewer

====>Click here to see all my pictorial reviews of decks of playing cards <====
====>Click here to see all my pictorial reviews of card & board games <====

Want me to write a review of your playing cards? Please contact me via Private Message.
EndersGame
Sentinel
Sentinel

Return to Official Company Threads