Lance T Miller - Official company thread

These are official company threads only. Do not start new topics here.
LanceTMiller
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Re: Lance T Miller - Official company thread

Unread post by LanceTMiller »

sinjin7 wrote:Wow, this is an unexpected blast from the past! Glad to see you're still involved with custom playing cards, and I'm especially glad to see you were able to avoid Kickstarter and self-fund so that these decks can be available right away. These should fit in nicely in the (dusty) Lance Miller section of my collection! ;)
Well it may be time to dust them off my friend. Thanks for understanding the period of growth I've gone through, there are some exciting things in progress for 2017. 8-)
LanceTMiller
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

A fox is subtlety itself. ~ Aristophanes

LanceTMiller
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

I can finally share all of the things I've been dying to share!

The Fox Targets are OFFICIALLY available for pre-order! http://lancemillerdecks.com
You can get them directly through me or your favorite Murphy's Magic Supplies retailer.

I'm quite excited, I've poured my heart and soul into these and I can't wait to share them with you.

Lance T. Miller
EndersGame
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Magician: Yes

Unread post by EndersGame »

LanceTMiller wrote:The Fox Targets are OFFICIALLY available for pre-order! http://lancemillerdecks.com
You can get them directly through me or your favorite Murphy's Magic Supplies retailer.

I'm quite excited, I've poured my heart and soul into these and I can't wait to share them with you.

Lance T. Miller
I know that you put a lot of thinking into all aspects of the design of the Fox Targets Playing Cards, Lance.

In an interview, you revealed that you have built in a puzzle into them: "I won’t be upset if people don’t figure it out right away or ever for that matter. I wanted to create something that would last throughout time; that people might pick up 25 years from now and still be trying to solve. There are clues buried throughout all of the artwork and the entire deck itself is the puzzle. I almost hope no one ever solves it and that it brings many years of adventure to those endeavor to work on it."

In a Q&A about the deck (see this video), Lance did say the following: "Every single card has a story. Every story makes a greater story. I want to challenge you to see if anyone catches it. I gave so many clues, and it's not about me or any individual in particular. But it's about the deck, and the entire deck is a family - I will give you that!"

Have you ever reconsidered this, Lance, and thought about sharing more details about this Lance? Realistically there are so many decks out there nowadays, with new decks appearing on the market all the time, so nobody is going to spend all kinds of time searching for this puzzle. So rather than having this remain an unsolved mystery forever, wouldn't you prefer people to know what your thinking was, so that we can appreciate the ideas behind this deck? I'd love for you to share more about this please!

--
BoardGameGeek reviewer EndersGame => Playing Card Reviews <=>Magic Reviews <=> Board Game Reviews <=

Eric Lee
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: Korchma Taras Bulba

Unread post by Eric Lee »

EndersGame wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 10:16 pm I know that you put a lot of thinking into all aspects of the design of the Fox Targets Playing Cards, Lance.

In an interview, you revealed that you have built in a puzzle into them: "I won’t be upset if people don’t figure it out right away or ever for that matter. I wanted to create something that would last throughout time; that people might pick up 25 years from now and still be trying to solve. There are clues buried throughout all of the artwork and the entire deck itself is the puzzle. I almost hope no one ever solves it and that it brings many years of adventure to those endeavor to work on it."

In a Q&A about the deck (see this video), Lance did say the following: "Every single card has a story. Every story makes a greater story. I want to challenge you to see if anyone catches it. I gave so many clues, and it's not about me or any individual in particular. But it's about the deck, and the entire deck is a family - I will give you that!"

Have you ever reconsidered this, Lance, and thought about sharing more details about this Lance? Realistically there are so many decks out there nowadays, with new decks appearing on the market all the time, so nobody is going to spend all kinds of time searching for this puzzle. So rather than having this remain an unsolved mystery forever, wouldn't you prefer people to know what your thinking was, so that we can appreciate the ideas behind this deck? I'd love for you to share more about this please!

Much agreed. Do give more details on what to look.