Gambler's Warehouse Case #001

These are official company threads only. Do not start new topics here.

Re: New Deck from Jason Brumbalow "Run"

Unread postby hikeeba » Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:39 pm  

Anyone know who "playingcarddeals" on eBay is? Because they had these for $45/3 pack - I bought some, then they canceled the order (claiming they were out of stock) and relisted them at $100.
hikeeba
Veteran
Veteran

Unread postby Eoghann » Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:49 pm  

:lol: what a dick move. I suggest you force them to comply. You've got proof that you paid for that item and they relisted it at a higher price. Screenshot their new listing and contact eBay. :)
Eoghann
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Unread postby runit » Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:41 am  

hikeeba wrote:Anyone know who "playingcarddeals" on eBay is? Because they had these for $45/3 pack - I bought some, then they canceled the order (claiming they were out of stock) and relisted them at $100.

Gambler's Warehouse/Playingcards.net
runit
Apprentice
Apprentice

Unread postby Cbkimble » Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:43 am  

Eoghann wrote::lol: what a dick move. I suggest you force them to comply. You've got proof that you paid for that item and they relisted it at a higher price. Screenshot their new listing and contact eBay. :)

completely agree. This is terrible news. I wish you the best of luck with it.
Feeding the addiction one deck at a time.
Cbkimble
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Unread postby Yashi » Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:50 am  

runit wrote:
hikeeba wrote:Anyone know who "playingcarddeals" on eBay is? Because they had these for $45/3 pack - I bought some, then they canceled the order (claiming they were out of stock) and relisted them at $100.

Gambler's Warehouse/Playingcards.net

Are they the same? As far as I know, there's an ebay seller "playingcarddeals" and a "playingcardsdotnet". They have different prices listed for similar decks so I don't think that they're one entity with two different accounts.

Edit: Well, I have been corrected on the matter. Runit's previous post is indeed correct.
Yashi
Veteran
Veteran

Unread postby Sher » Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:11 am  

For future reference, Gambler's also controls the bmpokerworld eBay account.
Sher
Master
Master

Unread postby Bikefanatic » Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:33 pm  

Playingcardsdotnet is GW. As far as these decks, they're ok. Don't really care for the cases but they'll be good to carry around other decks. Not too thrilled about the Bankroll as much. The red and black looks great but if they are the same cards as the other two, could be an easy pass.
Bikefanatic
Grandmaster
Grandmaster

Unread postby Strag » Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:34 pm  

If this is GW I'd like to hear the reason why they would cancel. Was just about to place a huge order with them and I'm holding off until I hear how this is resolved.
Strag
Ace
Ace

Unread postby volantangel » Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:38 pm  

Strag wrote:

If this is GW I'd like to hear the reason why they would cancel. Was just about to place a huge order with them and I'm holding off until I hear how this is resolved.

Dont think thats GW, GW has "playingcardsdotnet"
volantangel
Über member
Über member

Unread postby Eoghann » Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:30 pm  

I doubt it's GW. They're pretty solid in my book, some minor hiccups not withstanding. So far I know playingcardsdotnet and BMPokerworld are their confirmed accounts.
Eoghann
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Unread postby hikeeba » Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:37 pm  

The resolution is it's just canceled. eBay can't force someone to sell anything. I'm going to leave negative feedback (if I can), but there's so much positive, it won't matter.
Just won't ever deal with them, is all (and I'm sure they don't care).
(I've been told they are GW.)
hikeeba
Veteran
Veteran

Unread postby Eoghann » Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:52 pm  

Well that's messed up. Granted you didn't lose any money, but if it were me, I'd probably fight it just out of spite. :lol:
Eoghann
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Unread postby Strag » Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:35 pm  

hikeeba wrote:The resolution is it's just canceled. eBay can't force someone to sell anything. I'm going to leave negative feedback (if I can), but there's so much positive, it won't matter.
Just won't ever deal with them, is all (and I'm sure they don't care).
(I've been told they are GW.)

I would push it. It's one thing if they actually didn't have it (I question the wisdom of having multiple eBay accounts with different prices on the same items but clearly all controlled by the same company and presumably using the same inventory). It would be far too easy in that case to run out of inventory if it wasn't managed properly.

That being said, if the reason for cancellation was that it was no longer in stock but then gets relisted at double the price... well that IS scummy. I couldn't find the cancelled one but I did see the current one for $99.95.
Strag
Ace
Ace

Unread postby hikeeba » Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:52 pm  

Strag wrote:That being said, if the reason for cancellation was that it was no longer in stock but then gets relisted at double the price... well that IS scummy. I couldn't find the cancelled one but I did see the current one for $99.95.

It's the same listing. You'll see there were 5 sold. Two on the 25th and 3 on the 27th (I'm the 3).
hikeeba
Veteran
Veteran

Unread postby Sher » Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:02 pm  

I've had the impression that playingcardsdotnet and playingcarddeals are controlled by the same entity. Here's why.

When I started collecting, I was in a craze to get a hold of the Federal 52 set. I bought a set of 4 from both playingcarddeals and playingcardsdotnet (formerly gamblersgeneralstore). They were both shipped from Texas and the decks were wrapped in exactly the same way... Four decks, each in one of those cardboard display boxes, placed inside a DHL bubble wrapped envelope, placed inside a USPS bubble wrapped envelope.

I dont have the addresses they came from, since they were a long time ago, so I can't confirm that they're the same. There is still a chance they're two unrelated but similar sellers.

Screenshot_2014-12-01-07-45-18_1.jpg
Sher
Master
Master

Unread postby runit » Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:46 pm  

GW, Playingcardsdotnet, Playingcarddeals, BMpokerworld are one.

Bankrolls were initially listed at Playingcards.net (on their non-eBay) at $22.95, then at $29.95, then at $49.95. I wasn't able to finish my checkout when it was at $29.95 cause I was thinking I would add more decks later on. Came back few hours later and then up goes to $49.95.

Contacted support and this is what I got "Yes the prices did go up because of bank roll edition whenever the stock gets less the prices do go high. its all about demand & supply."

Unfortunately for hikeeba, his order has to be sacrificed for a buyer willing to pay higher.

Edit: Quick side by side comparison of the products they both sell in eBay (even the KS exclusive decks), tells you that they're of one. Also, both are from Las Vegas.
runit
Apprentice
Apprentice

Unread postby sinjin7 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:59 pm  

I understand someone's right to raise prices as the supply dwindles amidst high demand, as GW did on their website. But in Hikeeba's case, he completed his eBay transaction at a certain price, and then they reneged after he completed his transaction. To me, that's completely different from what they did on their website and kind of bush league in my opinion.

This is surprising to me, I felt GW built up a solid reputation on our boards with their participation and services to our members. I think it would be a shame for them to compromise their good will and reputation over an amount less than $50. I hope they choose to do the right thing and honor Hikeeba's eBay bid.

Getting back on topic, I got my order of Run decks, and I am very pleased with the deck. I love that Jason was able to include the sturdy outer case at the price point he's selling his decks at. Love all the foiling on the tuck case and the full customization of everything, including pips, font, and courts. I think the only thing I don't love is the back design. It seems to be the love child between a BC Crown deck and a dollar bill. I just wish it was something other than a dollar sign in the center of the deck. But that's a minor quibble and the many positives outweigh my subjective feelings on the back design. Great overall design and great value with the hard shell outer case.
sinjin7
Master
Master

Re: New Deck from Jason Brumbalow "Run" (wap)

Unread postby Cbkimble » Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:55 pm  

I completely agree. Where are GWs reps now. At least they could have the courtesy to say they're looking into it. Instead we hear nothing. I truly hope they resolve this issue.
Feeding the addiction one deck at a time.
Cbkimble
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Unread postby Kdklown » Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:12 pm  

runit wrote:GW, Playingcardsdotnet, Playingcarddeals, BMpokerworld are one.

Bankrolls were initially listed at Playingcards.net (on their non-eBay) at $22.95, then at $29.95, then at $49.95. I wasn't able to finish my checkout when it was at $29.95 cause I was thinking I would add more decks later on. Came back few hours later and then up goes to $49.95.

Contacted support and this is what I got "Yes the prices did go up because of bank roll edition whenever the stock gets less the prices do go high. its all about demand & supply."

Unfortunately for hikeeba, his order has to be sacrificed for a buyer willing to pay higher.

Edit: Quick side by side comparison of the products they both sell in eBay (even the KS exclusive decks), tells you that they're of one. Also, both are from Las Vegas.

I got, essentially, the same reply. I had $212 in my cart, waiting for the coupon code to kick in. I refreshed when it did and my cart went up by about $20. I dumped my cart and will buy everything elsewhere. They have the right to change their prices but it just seems dirty to me. I won't be shopping with them going forward.
Kdklown
Journeyman
Journeyman

Re: New Deck from Jason Brumbalow "Run" (wap)

Unread postby Strag » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:25 am  

Cbkimble wrote:I completely agree. Where are GWs reps now. At least they could have the courtesy to say they're looking into it. Instead we hear nothing. I truly hope they resolve this issue.

Would still like to know why no one from GW has commented on this. Clearly I didn't order from them over the weekend and likely they will go on my "do not buy from" list until they do respond.
Strag
Ace
Ace

Next

Return to Official Company Threads