Encarded -- Official Thread

These are official company threads only. Do not start new topics here.
Yashi
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes

Re: Encarded -- Official Thread

Unread post by Yashi »

Time to make 10000000000 facebook accounts by the way is that item to at the very left included in the giveaway? :drool:
Encarded
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by Encarded »

Yashi wrote:Time to make 10000000000 facebook accounts by the way is that item to at the very left included in the giveaway? :drool:
Yes everything in that picture and one item not shown will be given away.
Paul Carpenter
Designer - http://encarded.com

Radia | Celestial | Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall / Standards / Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out
nECr0MaNCeD
Cardist: Yes
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 677

Unread post by nECr0MaNCeD »

Encarded wrote:Coming along nicely I think.
Sorry for the late comment. I have been busy with the family. Thanks for this pic. I consider it a nice b-day gift as you managed to post it on my b-day. :D Did I mention it is beautiful? I liked the FB page BTW. Sorry I didn't get around to it sooner. I'm just not a huge FB person.
If it's too loud.... you're too old!
Encarded
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Playing with ideas for one of the limited rewards of the Tendril project. I love making hand-crafted boxes and am working on the details of my "MegaTuck"
Attachments
IMG_5289.jpg
IMG_5293.jpg
IMG_5293.jpg (145.27 KiB) Viewed 10635 times
Paul Carpenter

Radia | Celestial | Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall / Standards / Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out
Eoghann

Unread post by Eoghann »

Forgot about the contest. I never win anyways. :lol:

Paul you tease, the tendril tuck looks sexy.
Yashi

Unread post by Yashi »

I wonder how it feels like to win a contest. :lol:
Encarded
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Yashi wrote:I wonder how it feels like to win a contest. :lol:
I wouldn't know, I don't think I've ever won anything. I just give the things away these days.
Paul Carpenter

Encarded
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

These are ready to go on Kickstarter. Just follow the link! Thanks everyone.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/en ... laying-car" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Paul Carpenter

Encarded
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

The Encarded Standard - First Edition is available for pre-order! The decks are heading to HQ and will ship out in a few weeks. A fully custom deck from EPCC for $8! Less than 2500 available!

http://encarded.com/products/encarded-s ... st-edition" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Paul Carpenter

Strag
White Whale: None
Decks Owned: 0

Unread post by Strag »

Encarded wrote:The Encarded Standard - First Edition is available for pre-order! The decks are heading to HQ and will ship out in a few weeks. A fully custom deck from EPCC for $8! Less than 2500 available!

http://encarded.com/products/encarded-s ... st-edition" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'd love to but I'm afraid International shipping is putting me off. I'm going to have to start going with a freight consolidator in the US, it's just getting waaaay too expensive now.
Marcus
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by Marcus »

Picking up a few as soon as the next paycheck arrives. :)
Yes, I might be the guy you remember from that thing at that place way back when.
Encarded
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

A bit later today a limited batch of the new Tendril cards, along with an extremely limited number of accessories, will be in the Encarded.com store for preorder. These items will ship in just a few weeks, after the Kickstarter fulfillment is complete. If you missed the Kickstarter, now is your best chance! Watch for the email and announcement on social media for the exact time.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2015-03-20 at 8.47.02 AM.png
Paul Carpenter

TGunitedcardists

Unread post by TGunitedcardists »

When is the release date for your Chancellor decks?
Encarded
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Might as well put this here. :) Something new I've been messing with, you can read more about its creation at http://encarded.com/blogs/news" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Attachments
IMG_7420.jpg
IMG_7420.jpg (377.23 KiB) Viewed 9594 times
Paul Carpenter

joeblow

Unread post by joeblow »

Wonderful ribbon pattern, definitely gives the impression of motion. Thanks for the peek behind the scenes too.
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

The day this was posted I saw it first on facebook and thought to myself "and he didn't post it on UC?", then I realized I hadn't checked the forums that day and saw it here. D'oh!

Anyway, the point is that I appreciate very much that you still utilize your official company thread, Paul. If it were up to me, these would have weekly updates. I think most of the "companies" here gauge the success of this part of the forum in how many replies they get (which, to be fair, aren't many). But I doubt I'm alone in feeling somewhat melancholic seeing how underutilized they are, and feeling a spark of joy when something is posted :)

On topic: Looks like another awesome addition to the Encarded line! Very interesting seeing the inspiration and work-in-progress.
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
Encarded
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Re: Encarded -- Official Thread (wap)

Heads up that my latest deck, Celestial will be available for preorder tomorrow, Nov 22nd st 12pm est. 1000 red, numbered and 500 black with red foiled card backs will be available. Special prices for the first 24 hours. Hope you check them out, I think they will look great.
Paul Carpenter

Zepherex
Lurker
Lurker

Unread post by Zepherex »

Hey there, I really need to speak with Paul Carpenter, is there any way that can happen? I've tried on Twitter twice without reply.
It won't take long, it's not random bull, it's not just chat.

Thanks,
Z
EndersGame

Unread post by EndersGame »

People interested in Paul Carpenter's work might want to check out a series of three review articles I just posted here of some of the decks from Encarded:

Pictorial Review: The Tendril Trilogy part 1 - The Original

Pictorial Review: The Tendril Trilogy part 2 - The Sequels

Pictorial Review: The Tendril Trilogy part 3 - Non-Tendrils

The story of the record-breaking original Tendril deck is especially interesting! Well done Paul, and all the best in your future projects!
--
BoardGameGeek reviewer EndersGame => Playing Card Reviews <=>Magic Reviews <=> Board Game Reviews <=

MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

Räpylätassu
White Whale: Black Palekh from 1937
Decks Owned: 700

Unread post by Räpylätassu »

MagikFingerz wrote:I'll just leave this here...

https://encarded.com/blogs/news/a-bold- ... r-to-aurum
STOP IT! I can only get so erect...
Left my heart in SIERRA MADRE

"Finding it... that's not the hard part. It's letting go."

"One makes a trip by day, but by night one sets out on a journey." -Moominmamma

I dream of a world where wars are fought only by having dance offs. I also dream that a Finnish playing card designer would exist. The former seems more likely to happend.

Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a penguin. Have you ever met a sad person with a penguin?

Are lobsters mermaids to scorpions?

"I did not hit her, it's not true, it's bullsh*t, I did not hit her, I did naaaht! Oh hai Mark!"

MY TRADELIST

MY TOP 150 DECKS

MY PORTFOLIO52 PAGE
EndersGame

Unread post by EndersGame »

Is Paul Carpenter still designing new decks? Or was Radia his last project?
--
BoardGameGeek reviewer EndersGame => Playing Card Reviews <=>Magic Reviews <=> Board Game Reviews <=

zlexander

Unread post by zlexander »

EndersGame wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 10:07 pm Is Paul Carpenter still designing new decks? Or was Radia his last project?
He has now even gone silent in his Patreon I believe . Arte Nova might be the last deck.
hsbc
White Whale: Grid 1 LE
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by hsbc »

Encarded: The "One Of One" Collection

For Serious Collectors Only, a selection of incredibly rare Encarded items

In the course of designing items for Encarded, there are inevitably experiments that I decide not to produce, or variations that help develop the full release items but have their own character. Sometimes I create a prototype and decide that it requires too much hand work to make large numbers of, or maybe the market for the item isn't big enough, so I set those things aside in my private collection.

I wanted to allow a few of these special items to get to you, the collectors. Each of the following 9 items is a true "One of One." I don't have any extras, even for myself. Room in my display is getting precious and as a collector myself, the idea of obtaining a unique item is very exciting so I wanted to offer this opportunity to others.

Pricing will be at a premium due to rarity and/or value of the related decks, but if you decide to add one of these special items to your own collection you will know that not a single other person on Earth has one, not even me. Each will come with an embossed certificate of authenticity.

Please read through the descriptions below to learn a little about the history of these items and how they came to be.

Aurum Engraved Slipcase + Aurum White Gold Deck - $900 SOLD
In 2021 I made a few laser engraved wooden slip cases for the Priory project and while I was prototyping I made a single Aurum case. I had considered selling them but the time required to assemble them was high and at the time I didn't think there was a large enough segment of customers that would want one. So I kept just this single example and it has an extremely valuable Aurum White Gold in it. If you check eBay, the deck alone is fetching amazing prices. The deck is unnumbered, in the original cellophane and has been in my private reserve since release in 2012. The deck and box have a small, handwritten "P1" on their backs.

Aurum Acrylic Case & Sovereign Edition - $300
I can't recall why I made this one (haha), but among the various tests of engraving acrylic cases I made a singular example of an Aurum case with a full bleed design. This unique case houses an original, sealed Aurum Sovereign deck.

Aurum Deus "Ice" 3D-Printed Collector Stand - $700
In 2020 I released Aurum Deus and created an edition of just 9 special display items. The 3D-printed stands took an immense amount of experimentation and in the process I made just one stand out of a frosted clear resin. The final effect is like a frozen ice sculpture and it is a very striking piece. The stand will house an Aurum Deus deck, numbered "X1" and the stand has a "1/1" hang tag.

Aurum Deus "Ombré" Special Edition - $500 SOLD
During production of special Patreon rewards for Aurum Deus I created a small batch of special edition boxes that had custom art, hand embossing and laser cutting. It was a multistep process and at one point I had run a number of prints of the box art and discovered that one ink color had slowly run out, with the result that the box art had a perfect gradient color from purple to blue. It was quite beautiful and totally accidental, so I set the deck aside for myself. This is the only deck of its kind and it comes in a laser-engraved acrylic display.

Aurum Deus Acrylic "Deck" - $50 SOLD
Similar to the Aurum acrylic case mentioned above, I experimented with using solid acrylic "substitute decks" that magicians often utilize in their act when they switch a real deck of cards for a solid block in the viewers hands. This single example features an engraved version of the Aurum Deus back design.

Chancellor Gilded Prototype Trio - $3,200 SOLD
The Chancellor Gilded deck was, by far, the most complicated and difficult deck I have ever made. The number of steps it took to get a good result was innumerable and along the way I ended up with a wide variety of prototype boxes in different colors, papers, types of engraving and more. I selected 3 of the best and filled each prototype with a gilded Chancellor deck from the private reserve (I had some extra gilded cards in plain boxes but no more assembled laser cut tucks). Each deck is protected in a signed clear sleeve and the set is presented in a triple Carat Case, signed and numbered with a Tendril-era gold seal sticker. (Please note, I would strongly recommend that you leave the decks in their protective sleeves as each prototype box is incredibly delicate and irreplaceable.)

Deco Silver Personal Edition: Holo Foil PDC - $300 SOLD
In 2013 for the release of Deco, my continued experimentation with how to make decks of cards special and personalized resulted in a custom box which featured cutouts for the deck as well as the customers' initials cut into the back. While I was developing this idea, I considered offering a version with the entire box covered in a holographic foil design. This proved extremely difficult to do at the time, so I ended up with only one example. This deck features the Deco Silver deck inside and the box has a special seal and my initials, "PDC" on the back. The Personal Edition is extremely rare to begin with and this one is entirely unique.

Prototype P5 of the Tendril Trilogy Box Set - $350 SOLD
During the release of Tendril: Ascendant & Nightfall, I offered 35 copies of the "Tendril Trilogy," which was one of my first experiments in custom boxes. At the time, I needed to figure out the techniques and only had access to a vinyl cutter machine (no lasers back then!) so there were quite a few prototypes necessary to end up with a decent result. While the final release was in a rich blue paper, I experimented with a variety of papers and this bright green was one of the last prototypes. Within the box is a full set of the Tendril decks but they do not have the silver seal seen on the final Trilogy. The "Megatuck" is signed on the front and hand numbered "P5" on the bottom. (Please note, I would recommend not attempting to open the megatuck, as the tab structure is quite strong and there is a high likelihood of damage)

Priory Prototype "Colors" Deck & Prints - $100 SOLD
When designing Priory I tried a wide variety of different color schemes and printed one 52-card deck with 4 of the top choices so that I could see and handle them to get the full effect. The deck comes in a plain white box and the faces of the cards are a standard deign from the printer, making this the only "deck" from Encarded without custom faces. This item will also include 4 different 5"x7" prints that I made while testing the original ideas.
P52DCIGUCr/m/52+J
Honeybee
White Whale: Blk prototype Aviator Heritage
Decks Owned: 200

Unread post by Honeybee »

My local boutique furniture maker friend could reproduce that engraved slip case in Pic 1 for less than $50US - just saying
KoD - my initials, no wonder I grew up a lover of playing cards
Avatar - Honeybee (No.15+17) Tuck pic by Randy Butterfield for PM
hsbc
White Whale: Grid 1 LE
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by hsbc »

And here's a picture stolen from /r/PCM of this year's Patreon deck, Aurum:
I haven't been a member of his Patreon for a looooong time, anyone know more about this?
P52DCIGUCr/m/52+J
kevork
White Whale: NPCCD 17 Amethyst + 18 Green
Decks Owned: 1000

Unread post by kevork »

Honeybee wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:21 am My local boutique furniture maker friend could reproduce that engraved slip case in Pic 1 for less than $50US - just saying
That logic can be applied to so much in the collecting sphere. Jackson's Legacy boxes are a prime example.

I'm frankly shocked at the prices these sold for. Paul has a very loyal following. Good on him.
Image@playingcardophile
Invisible ink. Who woulda thunk it?
[BUY] Complete Lotrek Collection
[BUY] NPCCD Decks
Strag
White Whale: None
Decks Owned: 0

Unread post by Strag »

Honeybee wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:21 am My local boutique furniture maker friend could reproduce that engraved slip case in Pic 1 for less than $50US - just saying
And? When you purchase art (which these clearly are meant to be) it's far more than the pure material cost you are purchasing.
Honeybee
White Whale: Blk prototype Aviator Heritage
Decks Owned: 200

Unread post by Honeybee »

Strag wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:55 am
And? When you purchase art (which these clearly are meant to be) it's far more than the pure material cost you are purchasing.
I am talking about nothing more than the slipcase - are we calling that slipcase art? Having a laser reproduce that pattern on wood. Coming up with some patterns is undoubtedly great art. The And? For me is that in this case even with deck included this is not $900 of art.
KoD - my initials, no wonder I grew up a lover of playing cards
Avatar - Honeybee (No.15+17) Tuck pic by Randy Butterfield for PM
double_left

Unread post by double_left »

looks to me paul maximized the black friday "sale" with odds and ends lying around the house
Aurum Acrylic Case & Sovereign Edition - $300 wow guess i should invest in a glowforge 3d-laser printer and sell "luxury" items for $3,200
wonder what next year brings
paul gets a gold star ⭐️ for his efforts
i wonder if he has the plus or the pro model