Kings Wild Project - Official Thread

These are official company threads only. Do not start new topics here.
Cbkimble
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 363

Re: Kings Wild Project - Official Thread (wap)

Unread post by Cbkimble »

I had a feeling that wouldnt stop nagging me that i needed to go ahead and checkout with just the LE deck. Thankfully i did. Disappointed about the double shipping but at least i got all the decks.
Feeding the addiction one deck at a time.
nECr0MaNCeD
Cardist: Yes
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 677

Re: Kings Wild Project - Official Thread

Unread post by nECr0MaNCeD »

I just found the listing below on playingcards.net and was wonder about the deck. They would have to be V1 because V2 hasn't shipped. I was a bit confused because the don't mention the printing error and it's not a pre-order. Thoughts?

http://www.playingcards.net/Sherlock-Ho ... p_718.html
If it's too loud.... you're too old!
bhong
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by bhong »

nECr0MaNCeD wrote:I just found the listing below on playingcards.net and was wonder about the deck. They would have to be V1 because V2 hasn't shipped. I was a bit confused because the don't mention the printing error and it's not a pre-order. Thoughts?

http://www.playingcards.net/Sherlock-Ho ... p_718.html
More than likely it's probably the Moriarty V1.

I'm not privy to the business side of things, but I know there's a few companies that have bought Jackson's stuff in larger quality for re-sell. Have you emailed Gambler's Warehouse? Probably your best bet for a straight answer regarding which version it is.
sinjin7
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by sinjin7 »

Any update on the King's Wild Signature Series? The last post Jackson made was a showing of 4 possible back designs (A1, A2, B1, B2).
bhong
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by bhong »

sinjin7 wrote:Any update on the King's Wild Signature Series? The last post Jackson made was a showing of 4 possible back designs (A1, A2, B1, B2).
It's one of the many projects in the works at the moment. No ETA on it though.
ecNate
Decks Owned: 400

Unread post by ecNate »

Why do the Reserve Notes decks differ from the others in the Fed 52 series and not use the traditional court card style busts? I so very much prefer the Reserve Note style where the entire portrait is what the historic figure would have actually worn vs wearing traditional court attire (clothing) For the Sherlock sets the traditional style was avoided, but the Independence went back to it. Just curious on the thought process behind it and hoping most of your future decks will fit the person. For the record Reserve Note is one of my favorite decks by far and DEFINITELY my favorite non-transformation deck. :D

Also, am I alone on preferring this or is there a large crowd that prefers all court cards to have traditional court card style busts?

'Period/Person Accurate Attire'
https://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/assets/000/658/080/1918a512c5f6be1a3ff3c2e4d58b147d_large.jpg?1370744170

'Traditional Court Attire'
https://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/assets/000/639/426/77da025c2757ccbe55420b3f83ef1ae2_large.jpg?1370195114
Sher
Decks Owned: 100

Unread post by Sher »

ecNate wrote:For the Sherlock sets the traditional style was avoided, but the Independence went back to it.

Also, am I alone on preferring this or is there a large crowd that prefers all court cards to have traditional court card style busts?

https://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/assets/000/658/080/1918a512c5f6be1a3ff3c2e4d58b147d_large.jpg?1370744170

https://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/assets/000/639/426/77da025c2757ccbe55420b3f83ef1ae2_large.jpg?1370195114
Unless I am misunderstanding you, I believe the independence decks have period/person accurate attire:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/assets/001/666/829/d8eb923aa673c2e269199b0aac7dd38a_large.jpg?1393130898

Like you, I do prefer court cards to have this as opposed to the traditional court card style busts. :) Maybe if George Washington in the 2nd Edition of Fed 52 was wearing person/period accurate attire as opposed to the traditional court card style bust, then it would look less like the head was photo-shopped on to the body, as sinjin had expressed in the Fed 52 2nd Edition thread.
JacksonRobinson
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer
White Whale: Hermes 2 Deck Set
Decks Owned: 78623

Unread post by JacksonRobinson »

What if for the Fed 52 2nd edition I replace the original court set with the Reserve Note Court set. Also changing the color scheme to a more green direction. The Reserve Note Courts are my personal favorite as well.
nECr0MaNCeD
Decks Owned: 677

Unread post by nECr0MaNCeD »

JacksonRobinson wrote:What if for the Fed 52 2nd edition I replace the original court set with the Reserve Note Court set. Also changing the color scheme to a more green direction. The Reserve Note Courts are my personal favorite as well.

Sounds interesting but what would you call them?
If it's too loud.... you're too old!
ecNate

Unread post by ecNate »

Sher wrote:
ecNate wrote: Unless I am misunderstanding you, I believe the independence decks have period/person accurate attire.

Yes, I should read what I write before posting. I'm assuming I meant the Fed 52 II were split. Plus now proposed new set flirted with it again. The independence set lost the spark that reserve note had so maybe I had that in my head too.

I agree with the 'pasted' look comment, exactly why it doesn't appeal as much to me. Still nice, but loses quite a bit.
JacksonRobinson wrote:What if for the Fed 52 2nd edition I replace the original court set with the Reserve Note Court set. Also changing the color scheme to a more green direction. The Reserve Note Courts are my personal favorite as well.
Now you are talking! Except then I would have to buy another uncut and my wall space is already getting low. :-(

Nah, I'll make it work. ;-) looking forward to what you come up with.
TGunitedcardists

Unread post by TGunitedcardists »

JacksonRobinson wrote:As for the HIVE the release will be as follows:

1000 Red Editions
1000 Blue Editions

Only available on my website.

Next decks for Kings Wild:

1. HIVE
2. Kings Wild Tally Ho "Turtle Back"
3. Classified Deck :)
4. Army Deck
5. Classified Deck :)
6. Marines Deck
Are these going to be at Kickstarter prices, less than Kickstarter prices or premium after Kickstarter prices?
rjtomlinson1977
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer
Decks Owned: 15

Unread post by rjtomlinson1977 »

ecNate wrote:Why do the Reserve Notes decks differ from the others in the Fed 52 series and not use the traditional court card style busts? I so very much prefer the Reserve Note style where the entire portrait is what the historic figure would have actually worn vs wearing traditional court attire (clothing) For the Sherlock sets the traditional style was avoided, but the Independence went back to it. Just curious on the thought process behind it and hoping most of your future decks will fit the person. For the record Reserve Note is one of my favorite decks by far and DEFINITELY my favorite non-transformation deck. :D

Personally I like the period accurate attire. Traditional court attire doesn't appeal to me in this usage. As stated by somebody else you get a photoshop cut and paste effect if it's not done right. For the Silver Certificate edition the effect is pulled off right. For the George Washington in the teaser of Fed 52 series 2 the effect doesn't come off as well as it should.
Barclay Mountains Co.
TGunitedcardists

Unread post by TGunitedcardists »

Excellent idea. Excellent idea. (but Silver Certificate are my personal favorite)
OnTheGrind

Unread post by OnTheGrind »

Baseball themed deck incoming? What's with the new avatar?
rjtomlinson1977
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer
Decks Owned: 15

Unread post by rjtomlinson1977 »

OnTheGrind wrote:Baseball themed deck incoming? What's with the new avatar?
You saw that too! I thought I was just seeing things. PLAY BALL! :lol:
Barclay Mountains Co.
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin
White Whale: OG USPCC Vanity Fair [mint]
Decks Owned: 7800

Unread post by Mike Ratledge »

rjtomlinson1977 wrote:
OnTheGrind wrote:Baseball themed deck incoming? What's with the new avatar?
You saw that too! I thought I was just seeing things. PLAY BALL! :lol:
Doo tee doo tee doo... huh, ya'll quit being so nosy. ahahahah
>Mike<
"You can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself"
They say "Ignorance is bliss". Obviously, some people are much happier than others...

Members are encouraged to
Show Us Your Cards!

Our UC2021 Decks entitled
"Odd Fellows"
by Lorenzo Gaggiotti / @Stockholm17
Coming soon: AKA
«Eighth Annual Decks»

UC members help maintain Portfolio52
THE Playing Card Database Online
Contact ecNate for details and access

UC2019 "Seventh Annual Decks"
by Montenzi Design
Funded 207% on KS: HERE

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

Insert disclaimer here...
All information posted as fact is accurate at the time of posting to the best of my knowledge.
JacksonRobinson
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Exercise Back design from last night. Doing variations on the Scarlett Arrow design.

I call this one the Navigator
navigator1.jpg
navigator1.jpg (83.09 KiB) Viewed 10370 times
shadowkat

Unread post by shadowkat »

I really like that one. The color especially.
ecNate

Unread post by ecNate »

VERY nice! It kind of has a retro/modern, almost art deco revival look that I love and keep looking for a fully themed deck of that style. Based on that back alone it's a win. Great job!
wahl0108
Decks Owned: 121

Unread post by wahl0108 »

Release them both, they're beautiful! :drool:
Romans VIII.XXXVII-XXXIX

ISO:
Boss Deck
samwisethegray
Decks Owned: 300

Unread post by samwisethegray »

ecNate wrote:VERY nice! It kind of has a retro/modern, almost art deco revival look that I love and keep looking for a fully themed deck of that style. Based on that back alone it's a win. Great job!
O geez, a Jackson inspired art deco themed deck would be awesome. love art deco
ecNate

Unread post by ecNate »

samwisethegray wrote:
ecNate wrote:VERY nice! It kind of has a retro/modern, almost art deco revival look that I love and keep looking for a fully themed deck of that style. Based on that back alone it's a win. Great job!
O geez, a Jackson inspired art deco themed deck would be awesome. love art deco
Agree! A fully complete MODERN art deco deck that uses this 'navigator' back and custom face cards would be amazing if Jackson puts it out. I'll settle though for a standard deck using this 'navigator' back for now though. It's quite possibly my favorite back designs, plus it's pretty blue! Please use this back in the future and SUPER PLEASE consider doing a proper modern art deco deck with this look. That is one that I and others obviously are pulling for in this thread, plus some other ideas for you Jackson! http://unitedcardists.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=4733

EDIT - Just look how awesome this design is. Seriously, DO THIS! :ugdance:

http://unitedcardists.com/download/file.php?id=3871
JacksonRobinson
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

I like the idea of an Art Deco deck but wouldn't that be trespassing on Paul's Deco deck?
ecNate

Unread post by ecNate »

JacksonRobinson wrote:I like the idea of an Art Deco deck but wouldn't that be trespassing on Paul's Deco deck?
I like your professional courtesy! Perhaps this isn't the best time to start the public design for a full art deco deck, but you can start thinking about doing one after Paul's project has wrapped up. It's also possible for you both to have different takes on that theme as well - if his is historic, yours can be retro-modern; if his is style and geometry, yours can be face cards of people, buildings, fashion, cars of the era; etc.. Competition is usually a good thing, but I would agree waiting some time would be best for all involved. Just start thinking about it and I ask you quietly start planning and I hope you'll have an announcement in 6-12 months (or sooner).

For the record, I'm buying BOTH if you both do one though, so from my perspective we ALL win.
Sher
Decks Owned: 100

Unread post by Sher »

ecNate wrote:Perhaps this isn't the best time to start the public design for a full art deco deck, but you can start thinking about doing one after Paul's project has wrapped up.
I'm not sure what you mean. Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but Paul's Deco decks were Kickstarted July of last year. The Signature Editions are actually sold out on his website.

EDIT: I meant STANDARD decks... darn autocorrect.
ecNate

Unread post by ecNate »

Sher wrote:
ecNate wrote:Perhaps this isn't the best time to start the public design for a full art deco deck, but you can start thinking about doing one after Paul's project has wrapped up.
I'm not sure what you mean. Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but Paul's Deco decks were Kickstarted July of last year. The Signature Editions are actually sold out on his website.
I'm still learning names around here and I assumed Jackson was referring to this future art deco style project - Nuevo. There might be direct competition there and is what I meant, but I don't see any problem with stepping on toes with the Deco set (which actually from Paul). That's a traditional art deco style and one that is complete. I'm hoping Jackson considers a retro-modern / art deco revival style deck so that's different anyhow, especially if he does custom court figures in his style. We also don't know more about that Nuevo deck yet, so depending on how/when that flushes out maybe Jackson can consider taking this up. It's Jackson so it will sell and with that Navigator style back used all around, mmmmmmm. :ugdance: Then again, Nuevo could be what us art deco people are looking for with a modern take on that style.
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

I haven't seen anything to indicate that Nuevo is Jackson's work.
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
volantangel
Decks Owned: 350

Unread post by volantangel »

MagikFingerz wrote:I haven't seen anything to indicate that Nuevo is Jackson's work.
if i were to guess it would be system6's work i think.
ecNate

Unread post by ecNate »

MagikFingerz wrote:I haven't seen anything to indicate that Nuevo is Jackson's work.

Don't think anybody implied that. I simply thought when Jackson was concerned with trespassing on "Paul's deck" he meant the Nuevo deck in design stages and not the proper KS one that is complete. I'm not sure who is doing the Nuevo one, but perhaps system6 as volantangel stated.
CBJ
Decks Owned: 2000

Unread post by CBJ »

Jackson is having a moving sale at 7pm central tonight (may 11th)

http://kings-wild-project.myshopify.com ... oving-sale" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
CBJ

Are you a Bicycle collector? Come join the Facebook group: www.BicycleCardCollectors.com