Kings Wild Project - Official Thread

These are official company threads only. Do not start new topics here.

Re: Kings Wild Project - Official Thread

Unread postby samwisethegray » Sun May 25, 2014 1:56 am  

ecNate wrote:VERY nice! It kind of has a retro/modern, almost art deco revival look that I love and keep looking for a fully themed deck of that style. Based on that back alone it's a win. Great job!

O geez, a Jackson inspired art deco themed deck would be awesome. love art deco
samwisethegray
Journeyman
Journeyman

Unread postby ecNate » Tue May 27, 2014 9:55 am  

samwisethegray wrote:
ecNate wrote:VERY nice! It kind of has a retro/modern, almost art deco revival look that I love and keep looking for a fully themed deck of that style. Based on that back alone it's a win. Great job!

O geez, a Jackson inspired art deco themed deck would be awesome. love art deco

Agree! A fully complete MODERN art deco deck that uses this 'navigator' back and custom face cards would be amazing if Jackson puts it out. I'll settle though for a standard deck using this 'navigator' back for now though. It's quite possibly my favorite back designs, plus it's pretty blue! Please use this back in the future and SUPER PLEASE consider doing a proper modern art deco deck with this look. That is one that I and others obviously are pulling for in this thread, plus some other ideas for you Jackson! http://unitedcardists.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=4733

EDIT - Just look how awesome this design is. Seriously, DO THIS! :ugdance:

http://unitedcardists.com/download/file.php?id=3871
ecNate
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Unread postby JacksonRobinson » Tue May 27, 2014 10:23 am  

I like the idea of an Art Deco deck but wouldn't that be trespassing on Paul's Deco deck?
JacksonRobinson
✔ VERIFIED Designer
Veteran
Veteran

Unread postby ecNate » Tue May 27, 2014 1:01 pm  

JacksonRobinson wrote:I like the idea of an Art Deco deck but wouldn't that be trespassing on Paul's Deco deck?

I like your professional courtesy! Perhaps this isn't the best time to start the public design for a full art deco deck, but you can start thinking about doing one after Paul's project has wrapped up. It's also possible for you both to have different takes on that theme as well - if his is historic, yours can be retro-modern; if his is style and geometry, yours can be face cards of people, buildings, fashion, cars of the era; etc.. Competition is usually a good thing, but I would agree waiting some time would be best for all involved. Just start thinking about it and I ask you quietly start planning and I hope you'll have an announcement in 6-12 months (or sooner).

For the record, I'm buying BOTH if you both do one though, so from my perspective we ALL win.
ecNate
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Unread postby Sher » Wed May 28, 2014 3:30 am  

ecNate wrote:Perhaps this isn't the best time to start the public design for a full art deco deck, but you can start thinking about doing one after Paul's project has wrapped up.

I'm not sure what you mean. Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but Paul's Deco decks were Kickstarted July of last year. The Signature Editions are actually sold out on his website.

EDIT: I meant STANDARD decks... darn autocorrect.
Sher
Master
Master

Unread postby ecNate » Wed May 28, 2014 9:03 am  

Sher wrote:
ecNate wrote:Perhaps this isn't the best time to start the public design for a full art deco deck, but you can start thinking about doing one after Paul's project has wrapped up.

I'm not sure what you mean. Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but Paul's Deco decks were Kickstarted July of last year. The Signature Editions are actually sold out on his website.

I'm still learning names around here and I assumed Jackson was referring to this future art deco style project - Nuevo. There might be direct competition there and is what I meant, but I don't see any problem with stepping on toes with the Deco set (which actually from Paul). That's a traditional art deco style and one that is complete. I'm hoping Jackson considers a retro-modern / art deco revival style deck so that's different anyhow, especially if he does custom court figures in his style. We also don't know more about that Nuevo deck yet, so depending on how/when that flushes out maybe Jackson can consider taking this up. It's Jackson so it will sell and with that Navigator style back used all around, mmmmmmm. :ugdance: Then again, Nuevo could be what us art deco people are looking for with a modern take on that style.
ecNate
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Unread postby MagikFingerz » Wed May 28, 2014 10:24 am  

I haven't seen anything to indicate that Nuevo is Jackson's work.
MagikFingerz
Border Patrol
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread postby volantangel » Wed May 28, 2014 10:28 am  

MagikFingerz wrote:I haven't seen anything to indicate that Nuevo is Jackson's work.

if i were to guess it would be system6's work i think.
volantangel
Über member
Über member

Unread postby ecNate » Wed May 28, 2014 10:42 am  

MagikFingerz wrote:I haven't seen anything to indicate that Nuevo is Jackson's work.

Don't think anybody implied that. I simply thought when Jackson was concerned with trespassing on "Paul's deck" he meant the Nuevo deck in design stages and not the proper KS one that is complete. I'm not sure who is doing the Nuevo one, but perhaps system6 as volantangel stated.
ecNate
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Unread postby CBJ » Mon May 11, 2015 6:07 pm  

Jackson is having a moving sale at 7pm central tonight (may 11th)

http://kings-wild-project.myshopify.com ... oving-sale
CBJ

Image I was the featured collector on UC for May/June 2014, check it out: http://bit.ly/UC_MyCollection..
Also, follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BicyclePlayingCards..
CBJ
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Previous

Return to Official Company Threads