Penguin Magic - Shipping Issues

Have a good or bad experience? Let us know! This includes problem and fraudulent eBay sellers.
shermjack
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller
Collector: Yes

Penguin Magic - Shipping Issues

Unread post by shermjack »

I wanted to see if anyone has experienced problems with shipped orders from Penguin Magic recently...here is the summary of my last two orders:

When the White Tally Ho's came out, I placed and order for a mixed brick and they arrived wrapped in a single layer of bubble wrap inside a shipping carton twice the size of the brick with only a little paper to prevent them (unsuccessfully) from moving around during transit. Needless to say, when I open the brick, a number of decks were damaged. I contacted customer service and they were kind enough to sent out replacements FOC and wrote special instructions to the packer to ensure it was well packed as not to be damaged in shipment. It seems that the message was either over looked or ignored as I received the replacement decks, loose in a box way to large and a little paper, which again was unsuccessful at preventing them from damage during shipment. At this point, I just gave up as it was not worth it for me to continue complaining.

Unfortunately, with the release of the Westminster deck, I decided to order it and some other decks from Penguin and during check-out, I wrote in the message box about my previous experiences and asked that they make sure that the decks were packed better. Incredibly, this message was completely ignored and I received my decks, loose in a large box, without bubble wrap and only a little paper to try and prevent them from moving around...again, all decks were dented. I wrote to customer service and Gayle has been extremely helpful in processing my return of the decks, but that does not resolve the issue with shipping.

Has anyone else had a similar experience? What happened to the see your order packed video they did for a short time...that would have been useful here.

Also, I was really intrigued in the Card Club, but after my recent experiences, I am very hesitant to order anything from Penguin again. Can anyone in the Penguin Card Club describe how their decks are packed when they receive them?

In the end, Penguin has some great cards at great prices, but as a collector that keeps most of his decks unopened, receiving damaged decks just doesn't cut it :evil:
A deck a day helps keep the addiction at bay!

Check out my collection on Instagram @caratcasecreations
shermjack
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller
Collector: Yes

Re: Penguin Magic - Shipping Issues

Unread post by shermjack »

Well, I ended up ordering the Black Honeybees and after speaking with Gayle at customer support and Kevin here on UC, my decks arrived in perfect condition! Thanks to the crew at Penguin Magic for their top notch service and great prices...I will definitely be purchasing more decks soon...will continue to test the Penguin shipping with the Card Club :ugdance:
A deck a day helps keep the addiction at bay!

Check out my collection on Instagram @caratcasecreations
canogie

Re: Penguin Magic - Shipping Issues

Unread post by canogie »

I know this is a alittle late but I've had the same experience with penguin. I stopped buying from them. Even though these places have customer satisfaction guarantees including ebay I just don't want to do the return hassle or go through it