eBay: cderdnase1902

Have a good or bad experience? Let us know! This includes problem and fraudulent eBay sellers.
hikeeba

Re: eBay: cderdnase1902

Unread post by hikeeba »

He's back. As "picasso1007".
Bought my Shade deck to ship it to a PO in Guam. I've canceled the order.
I guess some people don't think people remember this kind of aggravation. Oh well....
hikeeba

Unread post by hikeeba »

And he's back yet again as cderdnase_8. Had to cancel another attempt to purchase a Shade deck shipped to Guam.
And then I get an e-mail "Hello. I’m just wondering why you refunded my recent purchase?"
Is this Tom Hanks' level of Mister Short-term Memory? This guy's very exasperating, so just another heads-up.
Marcus
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by Marcus »

Spotted this thread, might as well contribute my own experience with Chris Dickson:

Back in January 2016 we were supposed to make a deal when CARC had the offer of getting a Microsoft deck for free with purchases of $500. Chris had put out the offer in a Facebook group that he'd be willing to pay $300 and get the deck and someone else would pay $200 and get the rest (in our case a gift certificate). He then claimed to have been offered a 50/50 split on the payment from someone else and asked if I could do that. It was still a good deal for me as I'd get $500 worth of a gift cert for $250 and he'd get the deck for $250 which was less than it went for back then.

I thought everything had gone well until October the same year when I tried using the rest of the gift certificate (around $230 or so left from what I remember) and was informed by CARC that it had been used up by him in September. He played ignorant and was positive the deal was that I'd get $250 of the gift cert for my $250, and he'd get the deck and the other $250 for his $250. Because that is a deal that makes sense, right. (Let's hope my sarcasm shines through here.)

All I can say is that either he scammed me out of $230, or he is so clueless he didn't realize the actual terms of our agreement. He stopped responding to my messages, so I'll let others be the judge of his character. He's managed to cozy up to some of the big names in the magic and card business – don't take that as proof of his character, make your own judgment and be careful.

(I still have the entire communication from this, including him playing ignorant when I brought it up with him.)
Yes, I might be the guy you remember from that thing at that place way back when.