Unscrupulous Seller

Have a good or bad experience? Let us know! This includes problem and fraudulent eBay sellers.
Nocturnal

Unscrupulous Seller

Unread post by Nocturnal »

So, picture this. A gentleman's agreement is a sacred thing. At least to me. I went online to this buyer(he already deleted his account, no use in searching for him, just ranting here) and he agreed to sell some Virtuoso V2 decks to me for $40 each. I asked him to wait so that I could get one of my friends to use him paypal account. We settled on the $40 price and 2 weeks later, when i was about to send him the money, he closed his deal. I sent him a message on ebay and he told me that he still had the two cards that I wanted but he was selling the decks now at $80. I was really angry as we had already settled on $40 each. I told him about our previous agreements but he just threatened to sell it to another buyer. What would be the right course here, try to buy it at $80 or let it pass?
volantangel
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 350

Re: Unscrupulous Seller

Unread post by volantangel »

Nocturnal wrote:So, picture this. A gentleman's agreement is a sacred thing. At least to me. I went online to this buyer(he already deleted his account, no use in searching for him, just ranting here) and he agreed to sell some Virtuoso V2 decks to me for $40 each. I asked him to wait so that I could get one of my friends to use him paypal account. We settled on the $40 price and 2 weeks later, when i was about to send him the money, he closed his deal. I sent him a message on ebay and he told me that he still had the two cards that I wanted but he was selling the decks now at $80. I was really angry as we had already settled on $40 each. I told him about our previous agreements but he just threatened to sell it to another buyer. What would be the right course here, try to buy it at $80 or let it pass?
Pass just it let pass, im sure you can still find the decks at lesser prices, in fact, hit me up, i might know a source or two. I wouldnt want anything to do with this seller
Cbkimble
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 363

Re: Unscrupulous Seller (wap)

Unread post by Cbkimble »

I agree with volantangel. Sounds like he's trying to take advantage of you b/c he knows you want it. Ask around, you can usually find one at a better price.
Feeding the addiction one deck at a time.