Seller brendos30 on eBay (Feedback problem, please help)

Have a good or bad experience? Let us know! This includes problem and fraudulent eBay sellers.
RSLancastr
Collector: Yes
Decks Owned: 2500

Seller brendos30 on eBay (Feedback problem, please help)

Unread post by RSLancastr »

Here is his/her eBay profile:

http://www.ebay.com/usr/brendos30?_trks ... 7675.l2559

Here is my writeup of my experience with brendos30:

You may recall me posting about the two Ukrainian decks I had ordered on eBay which took nearly THREE MONTHS to arrive. Well, I am having difficulty entering feedback for them - I expect it is because of the time that has elapsed between the sale (Jan 26 for one deck, Feb 7 for the other) and today.

When I go to My.ebay.com and view my Purchase History, both items have "Enter Feedback" as one of the options listed to the right of the item, but clicking on it results in a screen with the following, in red text:
We are unable to add your feedback for 1 transaction

Here's why:

Item 111260446360 was not found because:
•This item number does not exist
•Or you have already left feedback.
...for one, and:
We are unable to add your feedback for 1 transaction

Here's why:

Item 111269357967 was not found because:
•This item number does not exist
•Or you have already left feedback.
...for the other.

Well, BOTH items exist, because clicking on the picture of each item in my Purchase History brings up the item's listing.

I will try to post them here:

CLICK TO VIEW LISTING

CLICK TO VIEW LISTING

And. I KNOW that I have NOT left feedback for either of them, as I have been waiting for them to arrive first! (besides, if I had left feedback for them, why would the "Leave feedback" option be there for them?

My guess is that there is a discrepancy between how the Purchase History screen determines whether or not an item is "Feedbackable" and how the target program of the "Leave feedback" link determines it. Perhaps the latter filters out listings older than x number of days past their Sale date, while the former does not.

Any thoughts/help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Back to my review:

Both decks arrived in great shape. communication with the seller was fine. My only complaint is the NEARLY THREE MONTHS delivery time.

Would I buy from him/her again? Probably, but only if I couldn't find the deck elsewhere.

Would I recommend brendos30 to others? Yes, with a warning about the looong delivery time, although I do not know whether or not that is a frequent thing with brendos30 (It might have been related to the recent/current problems in Ukraine).

(My apologies if this topic/thread does not belong here. Mike R. told me to place it here, but I might not have described its contents fully enough to him).
-Marcel Marceau
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin
Player: Yes
White Whale: OG USPCC Vanity Fair [mint]
Decks Owned: 7800

Re: Seller brendos30 on eBay (Feedback problem, please help)

Unread post by Mike Ratledge »

Those errors displayed are just wrong, Robert: there is a 90-day limit on the time you have to post feedback I'm almost 100% certain. If you had entered feedback, that option would not appear, and obviously the listings ARE still there as well. I've seen several little nit-picky errors on eBay lately, like the recent change that automatically checks off the "Or Best Offer" box when you do the quick/short version of the Relist option. I had somebody make me an offer and I just thought "WTH"? I eventually figured out why, and what had happened and as far as I know that bug is still there (I know it was just a couple of days ago).

This IS really the only place that putting something like this makes sense, even though you're not giving feedback you're really asking a question about how it works.
>Mike<
"You can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself"
They say "Ignorance is bliss". Obviously, some people are much happier than others...

Members are encouraged to
Show Us Your Cards!

Our UC2021 Decks entitled
"Odd Fellows"
by Lorenzo Gaggiotti / @Stockholm17
Coming soon: AKA
«Eighth Annual Decks»

UC members help maintain Portfolio52
THE Playing Card Database Online
Contact ecNate for details and access

UC2019 "Seventh Annual Decks"
by Montenzi Design
Funded 207% on KS: HERE

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

Insert disclaimer here...
All information posted as fact is accurate at the time of posting to the best of my knowledge.
RSLancastr

Mike Ratledge wrote:This IS really the only place that putting something like this makes sense, even though you're not giving feedback you're really asking a question about how it works.
Yes, but I would never have thought to put my question here (I tweaked it to make it also a review) if you had not directed me here...

Perhaps there needs to be TWO "General" subforums, such as:

General (not Playing card related)
The place for all topics not related to playing cards.

= and -

General (Playing card related)
The place for playing card topics which don't seem to fit anywhere else.

Just a thought.
-Marcel Marceau
montecarlojoe
White Whale: Avant Guard UL Gr - No17 Crown
Decks Owned: 690

Unread post by montecarlojoe »

I think having two General areas would be more confusing than helpful!
RSLancastr

montecarlojoe wrote:I think having two General areas would be more confusing than helpful!
Well then, what about

General (Playing card-related)
The place for playing card topics which don't seem to fit in any other forums here

- and -

Other
The place for all topics not related to playing cards
-Marcel Marceau
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin

RSLancastr wrote:
montecarlojoe wrote:I think having two General areas would be more confusing than helpful!
Well then, what about

General (Playing card-related)
The place for playing card topics which don't seem to fit in any other forums here

- and -

Other
The place for all topics not related to playing cards
Nah, I have to agree with Joe that this area makes perfect sense for either type situation. Actually, I just looked and realized that I am waiting on 3 items from that same seller on eBay that I bought about two weeks ago, oddly enough. They are all pretty much unremarkable Russian decks that were somewhere in the $9 to $10 range except one was $15. I'm not going to ever get them, eh? (or I should expect to see them some time in July?) Here's a list of things they have advertised right now: http://www.ebay.com/usr/brendos30?_trks ... 1439.l2754 Right now they have a 100% rating but only a 25 feedback score.

Lord, some people on eBay these days: there's a seller in Malaysia named "rareangepow" (or something very close) that sells all sorts of restricted / limited access decks but somehow has dozens of them for sale and I've seen him mentioned over on Discourse listed as selling fake reproductions or just flat out counterfeit rip-off decks that are either full of paper or plain cards if you open them up and the tucks all look a little 'off'. Topic is here: http://www.playingcardforum.com/sales-t ... /#msg88102 and goes for a couple of pages. I've bought things from him before I saw that that I knew looked odd, and others that were just fine, in fact I purposefully set him up by buying something that I thought was counterfeit only to receive them and find that they were just fine. Here's what 'he' has for sale right now: http://www.ebay.com/usr/rareangpow - and to be honest quite a few of them look suspect. I wouldn't buy from them again.

Maybe we should have a thread here in this forum that is for "Fraudulent eBay sellers"? I guess the best thing to do is modify the subforum title to say "and Problem eBay sales".
>Mike<
They say "Ignorance is bliss". Obviously, some people are much happier than others...

Show Us Your Cards!

"Odd Fellows"
«Eighth Annual Decks»

by Montenzi Design

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

All information posted as fact is accurate at the time of posting to the best of my knowledge.
RSLancastr

Mike Ratledge wrote:Nah, I have to agree with Joe that this area makes perfect sense for either type situation.

I guess we're just going to have to agree to disagree on this one, Mike.

And, since it's your board, I'm just going to shut up about it now.

As for your pending decks from brendos30, I have no way of knowing whether or not my experience with him/her is typical of his/her transactions, but I would advise you to keep on top of it. If the items have a Tracking number, PM it to me - I'm beginning to wonder if brendos30 might be using a bogus tracking number. Mine showed a status of "Pre-Shipment" from day one, even after they were delivered.
-Marcel Marceau
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin

RSLancastr wrote:As for your pending decks from brendos30, I have no way of knowing whether or not my experience with him/her is typical of his/her transactions, but I would advise you to keep on top of it. If the items have a Tracking number, PM it to me - I'm beginning to wonder if brendos30 might be using a bogus tracking number. Mine showed a status of "Pre-Shipment" from day one, even after they were delivered.
That's exactly what I see on my side, and it's been "Preparing shipment" with no further information for about 10 days now. I'll send you the tracking # just to see if it matches.

Normally I would agree to split the two up, but let's be honest: it's the very first time we've ever needed to have a separate group for eBay 'problem' sellers. The fact is that we're trying to consolidate and simplify the forums and subforums right now and we decided that I had already made enough changes and put off making any further changes to the structure of the forums until we let things settle down for a (good) while. I've seen the same thing elsewhere, and that's exactly what ended up happening: the "fraudulent and problem" sellers on eBay ended up getting folded into the "Seller feedback" forum due to lack of use of the eBay subforum.
>Mike<

Show Us Your Cards!

"Odd Fellows"
«Eighth Annual Decks»

by Montenzi Design

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

RSLancastr

For those following the thread:

The tracking number on Mike's was RA******609RU.
Mine was the same except the 609 was 068.

The similarity could be accounted for by the nine digit number between the "RA" and the "RU" being assigned sequentially, I suppose.
-Marcel Marceau
montecarlojoe
White Whale: Avant Guard UL Gr - No17 Crown
Decks Owned: 690

Unread post by montecarlojoe »

More often than not I've found people forget to click the button to mark as shipped. More than a few times I've had an email telling me my item's been shipped a day after I received it!

There was some talk about how to spot a fake deck (in the thread asking for vintage collecting advice) - perhaps known counterfeiters along with any 'how to spot a fake' advice would make a good thread for the knowledge centre?
RSLancastr

I found a web site with the Russian postal tracking:

http://www.russianpost.ru/tracking20/English.htm

It gives more information on both Mike's and my shpiments, up until they left Russia. the usps.com site gave nothing about them.

At this point, I don't think I'll be purchasing from ANY Russian vendors anymore, unless it is a deck I want desperately, and can't find elsewhere.
-Marcel Marceau
Don Boyer
Magician: Yes

Unread post by Don Boyer »

RSLancastr wrote:I found a web site with the Russian postal tracking:

http://www.russianpost.ru/tracking20/English.htm

It gives more information on both Mike's and my shpiments, up until they left Russia. the usps.com site gave nothing about them.

At this point, I don't think I'll be purchasing from ANY Russian vendors anymore, unless it is a deck I want desperately, and can't find elsewhere.
Regarding that whole feedback thing - have you tried erasing your browser history, cookies and other tracking data, THEN attempted to give feedback? That can sometimes help with problems related to browsing, entering form data, etc.
VP/Dir. of Club Forum/Chair Diamond Awards Cmte., 52 Plus Joker Club - http://52plusjoker.org/
Proprietor, Don Boyer Magic - http://donboyermagic.com/
The Deck Tailor, a division of Don Boyer Magic - Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Sharps - http://www.thedecktailor.com/
RSLancastr

Don, that would have been a good thing for me to try, but I cannot see if it would work now, as the "Leave feedback" option no longer appears next to those items. Dunno if someone at eBay fixed whatever the problem was, or if the number of days since the sales are now great enough to have made that option go away, or just what.

So I still can't leave feedback for those items, but at least it is no longer implying that I can, only to tell me that I cannot.
-Marcel Marceau
mmiikk

Unread post by mmiikk »

RSLancastr wrote:Don, that would have been a good thing for me to try, but I cannot see if it would work now, as the "Leave feedback" option no longer appears next to those items. Dunno if someone at eBay fixed whatever the problem was, or if the number of days since the sales are now great enough to have made that option go away, or just what.

So I still can't leave feedback for those items, but at least it is no longer implying that I can, only to tell me that I cannot.
i recently left glowing feedback on ebay for a seller about how he packaged the decks for transit,only to later notice i had attached the feedback to the wrong seller. i wanted the correct seller to get the praise. after a few frustrating moments in the self help menus, i called the telephone number in the support page and spoke to a real person at ebay that was very helpful and knew exact details of my history and feedback etc. he fixed it up. it took about 10 mins to show up at my end. maybe give that a go robert?
RSLancastr

mmiikki wrote:recently left glowing feedback on ebay for a seller about how he packaged the decks for transit,only to later notice i had attached the feedback to the wrong seller. i wanted the correct seller to get the praise. after a few frustrating moments in the self help menus, i called the telephone number in the support page and spoke to a real person at ebay that was very helpful and knew exact details of my history and feedback etc. he fixed it up. it took about 10 mins to show up at my end. maybe give that a go robert?
Please PM me the phone number, and thanks for the suggestion! I looked around for a phone number at the time, but couldn't find one!
-Marcel Marceau
mmiikk

Unread post by mmiikk »

RSLancastr wrote:
mmiikki wrote:recently left glowing feedback on ebay for a seller about how he packaged the decks for transit,only to later notice i had attached the feedback to the wrong seller. i wanted the correct seller to get the praise. after a few frustrating moments in the self help menus, i called the telephone number in the support page and spoke to a real person at ebay that was very helpful and knew exact details of my history and feedback etc. he fixed it up. it took about 10 mins to show up at my end. maybe give that a go robert?
Please PM me the phone number, and thanks for the suggestion! I looked around for a phone number at the time, but couldn't find one!
the number i called was 1800 322 928. im not sure if this only works in australia. i have just logged onto ebay.com.au just now and typed " call ebay" into the customer support search field. it asks for you to choose a reason why calling so that they can have correct representative answer call, and then it gave me that 1800 number. im assuming if you do the same call ebay search in customer support it will give you the number local to you. im assuming the international version of ebay in your country (im assuming the states) would not be much different than the aussie version of ebay.

further to above log into ebay as though you buying or selling or whatever, and do the search for call ebay in customer support while being logged in under your details. when you select what is reason for your call it will provide a passcode number. when you call the telephone number have this pass code number written down. it will make the call smoother. but it also means that the call rep can access your specific ebay details live and not just have to talk in general terms.