My experience with Mr.Robert Butler

Have a good or bad experience? Let us know! This includes problem and fraudulent eBay sellers.
Aaron

My experience with Mr.Robert Butler

Unread post by Aaron »

(Moved from .NET)

Well guys I have a little story I have been waiting to post for awile about rob but have been holding off, but this ends it I wrote this a couple weeks ago but here it is:

Hey guys,

This isn’t a thread I wanted to make but it has to be done.
On May 28th 2012 I ordered 5 decks from Robert Butler, he said they would ship by the Friday of that week. But now almost 3 months later he is yet to ship me anything. I have offered to pay extra for shipping and everything but he has not shipped anything. I am furious by this point.
DO NOT DEAL WITH ROBERT BUTLER, he played me the whole way along saying “Ill ship it this week” but never did. I was away for the last week and told him that is when I got home (today) If I did not have a message saying my stuff shipped then I would go public with it.

I want to warn you honest people of this scammer and do not suggest you deal with his company Pip Squeek or any of his several other projects that never seem to be completed.
The five decks I bought were (1) Magic-Con V2, 1 Pheonix apocalypse, (1) Vintage Plaid, and 2 other deck I cant even remember now, because conveniently he has deleted the pictue.
Here is the entire convo from start to finish (I cut out convos about other things we had:

• Aaron Wales
o Hey have you sold those 5 decks?

May 28
Robert Butler
o No
o You interested

May 28
Aaron Wales
o Possibly
o I'll get back to you in a bit. If they sell before then whatever. It will be a little later tonite

May 28
Aaron Wales
o if you still have the deck I'll take them

May 29
Robert Butler
o Ok, just let me know when your back online
o Send the money to Brandon_Beckman@hotmail.com

May 29
Aaron Wales
o Ok I will send it ASAP, but I am heading to school right now but I'll try to get it out on my phone. If I can't I'll send it tonite. Thanks

May 29
Robert Butler
o

May 29
Aaron Wales
o Ok I sent it

May 30
Aaron Wales
o Did you get the money?

May 30
Robert Butler
o Yes I got it. Thanks. Give me until friday and i'll ship it out

May 30
Aaron Wales
o Ok, my adress is

Aaron wales
RR#1 St.Main
Grande Prairie, AB T8V 2Z8
Canada

Aaron Wales
• hey rob, I was just wondering if you have shipped those decks yet

*Never got a reply*

June 6th
Aaron Wales
• hey rob I am wandering if you have shipped the decks I bought yet? You said they would be out by last friday so I am just wondering.

*No Reply*
June 15th
Robert Butler
• Have had major delays but I'm shipping your decks out tomorrow! You can hold me to that!

Aaron Wales
• Ok thanks

June 29th (At this point I had figured my decks were shipped)
Robert Butler
• Hey, I'm so sorry for the major delay, I have had money problems because you paid on an paypal that I no longer have access to. I get paid for the grid card clips in a week and I'll send you your cards plus and extra treat for having to wait so long.

Aaron Wales
• ok thats no problem rob, everyone has problems in life dont worry about it. If you want I can pay you for part of shipping

Robert Butler
• No bro, thats totally unfair to you. I'll take care of it.

Aaron Wales
• ok
• but honestly I would be happy to chip in a few bucks
Robert Butler
• I know but its ok

July 20th
• Aaron Wales
o Hi Rod I was wondering if my decks have shipped yet?

July 20
Robert Butler
o shipping tomorrow
o i'll send you tracking

July 20
Aaron Wales
o Ok

July 23rd
Robert Butler
• Cant find your address and i'm headed out to ship... I'll have to ship yours tomorrow. Post it for me.

Aaron Wales
• Aaron wales
RR#1 st.main
Grande Prairie, AB T8V 2Z8
Canada

Robert Butler
• I'm already out but I'll send tomorrow
Aaron Wales
• Alright

I again figured that they had shipped but not it is the 4th of August

Aaron Wales
• Hey Rob

Robert Butler
• hey
• I am going to send your goodies tomorrow
• correction
• its tomorrow is sunday
• lol
• monday
• I've injured my foot bad and i've not been able to walk all seek
• week

We then had a different convo

August 8th
Aaron Wales
• Hey Rob I need to know if you have shipped my decks yet?

No Reply

August 9th
Aaron Wales
• not sure if you got the last message so I am sending it again. I need to know if my decks have shipped and if they havnt when they will.

Later on the 9th

Aaron Wales
• Alright you must have seen one of these now, I have been waiting since May 30th for my stuff to ship! I just want an answer, you hate on the vortexes because of slow shipping! What about this, it is one parcel I have even offered to pay. I just want my stuff shipped.

Robert Butler
• Ok I got it bro. I am taking care of it. I've been of so dont assume i've seen it. I'll address your comment about vortex after I have.

Aaron Wales
• Ok it has just been a little too long waiting for this

Robert Butler
• Yes It really has I agree
• I'll be sure to send you a gift for the issues and I'm sorry. Please dont bring up aether when comparing. I hate that place and it just puts a splinter under my nail.
• no offence
Aaron Wales
• I wont give you bad pr on aether or anything for this as long as it is shipped soon

Thanks

Robert Butler
• Tomorrow is the day that I will send your decks and some extra goodies for your patients. Hold me to that or you can kick my ass ;(
Aaron Wales
• Alright
Robert Butler
• family issues insue the reasons that follow for not shipping
• I just dont tell you about them

Aaron Wales
• Ok I defiantly can sympathize for family issues, crap happens in life that can't be avoided. I just have been waiting awhile
• I have to go right now though

August 15th
Aaron Wales
• Hi Rob have my decks shipped?
No Reply
August 16th
Aaron Wales
• ok I know you might not have seen that yet but I need to know when these will ship, I will not be around from saturday until Friday of next week, so if my decks have not shipped by then I am going to be forced to go public with this situation, you said a week ago they would ship and I never heard from you.

So if my decks have not shipped by Friday the 24th or I will go public anywhere I can with this situation.

Aaron Wales
• so here it will be, if I dont have either a message here, or an E-Mail (flames_rule_@hotmail.com) saying my decks shipped when I get home Friday night (Around 5PM MDT) I will go public with it
Robert Butler
• ok I got you covered bro

Today

Aaron Wales
• I am just home now and I said I wanted a message and there is none, so I am giving you 3 hours from when this is sent I dont care if you see it or not, to send me a tracking number or I will go public. 9:18 MDT is the time.

And here we are

So I don’t recommend dealing with rob at all. It is too late for me to open a paypal claime for the $40 I spent but you guys can protect your selves from this.

This is the last thing I wanted to do but I was forced to.

Thanks for reading,
Aaron

(thats the end)

So guys, is he really not a scammer?
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Aaron
CBJ
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 2000

Re: My experience with Mr.Robert Butler

Unread post by CBJ »

I was also ripped off by RObert.

I purchased 2 JAQK coins on Aug 24th for $25 (incl shipping). He wanted payment right away, but couldn't send them till the following week. I was fine with that, so I made a payment with paypal adding a note that the product had to be sent by Sept 1st.

after Sept 1st.. I messaged him, and he still hadn't sent the coins.. needed a couple more days. After the agreed upon day, I messaged again.. again he said he needed more time.. I told him absolutely not, and if he didn't send them I would have to open a PayPal grievance.
He agreed to send them that day.. and later messaged me that they were in the mail.

Well.. surprise surprise... I still have not received them... and I now have paypal dealing with it.

He is no longer returning my messages.

I would stay FAR FAR away from Robert or any person/company that he is associated with. He's 100% bad news.

Jay
CBJ

Are you a Bicycle collector? Come join the Facebook group: www.BicycleCardCollectors.com
Aaron

Unread post by Aaron »

sorry I hadn't already reported my experience before you got in this mess CBJ
Aaron

Unread post by Aaron »

I just wanted to post here that tonite I recieved a refund from Rob and my issue has been resolved.
MJF

Unread post by MJF »

From all the various posts amongst the different cardistry boards, it sounds like Mr. Butler is in quite a bit of trouble... which is what he deserves.