eBay: cderdnase1902

Have a good or bad experience? Let us know! This includes problem and fraudulent eBay sellers.
hikeeba

eBay: cderdnase1902

Unread post by hikeeba »

aka Chris Dickson, self-proclaimed "Art forger"

I purchased five Signature Collectors Boxes from Blaine and broke four of them up on eBay (sold one in its entirety).
He purchased a "Rainbow UV" deck and is pissed because he expects there to be a black dot on the package, and cannot "accept" it as a Rainbow UV.
I suggested he contact Blaine's people because that's what they were listed as.
So he's calling me liar, saying I never pulled this from the Collector's Box, and claiming I sent him an ordinary Red Lions.

And the listing clearly shows the deck, without any black dot on it. Safe to say, I won't be taking a return, if for no other reason, I wouldn't doubt I get sent a Red Lions back.

Anyways - heads up to avoid this person.
Cardians
Collector: Yes
White Whale: Anything Lotrek makes....

Re: eBay: cderdnase1902

Unread post by Cardians »

All three red White Lions Series A decks says Rainbow on the bottom. I believe in that signature box set release, #1 was given out. No where on the site's description does it say you'd get the very limited #2 deck.

White Lions Versions:
1. Red White Lions Series A with no markings - this deck comes in cellophane and has red cards.
2. Red White Lions Series A with a black dot on the deck seal - this deck comes in cellophane and contains blue White Lions cards printed on UV card stock.
3. Red White Lions Series A autographed by David Blaine - this deck comes with no cellophane and contains purple White Lions cards (spectral).

Well, if that's how ignorant he got with you over this deck I wouldn't sell him any other decks in the future. The next thing he'll probably do is accuse you of removing the Microsoft cards from the "Create Magic" deck and put Daniel Madison cards inside the tuck box.

Lastly, if Chris claims he's a self-proclaimed "Art forger" ( :lol: ) why can't he just forge this deck like he does with other magicians material. If you ask me, it's a shady hobby/business. I wouldn't purchase anything from him knowing he blatantly forges signatures.

Till next time,
cheerio!
hikeeba

Unread post by hikeeba »

Thanks for the clarification. I decided to just open the damned deck. Sure enough, it was a blue UV - without a friggin black dot!
The top is the UV deck, the bottom is a regular White Lions used as the control.
So I decided to see if there was a "rainbow" quality to it. Decided to open up my Skull & Bones Limited Edition (remember - limited to 700 decks? Made during the transition between red and black?) Guess what? It's BLACK! (Called up CARC and was told I just got one closer to the end of the transition. Yep! Disappointing!)
Can you tell which Skull & Bones is the rare one? Or which White Lions is the UV?

Oh yeah...NO BLACK DOT!
hikeeba

Unread post by hikeeba »

Cardians wrote:The next thing he'll probably do is accuse you of removing the Microsoft cards from the "Create Magic" deck and put Daniel Madison cards inside the tuck box.
How prescient. Latest msg:

"You opening something at home behinds closed doors proves absolutely nothing to your claim and does nothing to change or disprove my displeasure. If you are a liar or a thief how can we trust anything you say."
4.of.Clubs
Player: Yes

Unread post by 4.of.Clubs »

So which one did I get? #1 or #2. :lol:
----------> Check out the decks I have for sale! <----------
----------> Also check out my Trade List and Wish List, maybe we can make a deal! <----------
hikeeba

Unread post by hikeeba »

4.of.Clubs wrote:So which one did I get? #1 or #2. :lol:
#2! Blue UV all the way!! (unless you're irrationally fixated on the belief that it is #1, which no amount of reason can change.)
If it makes you feel better, put a dot on it! (or a bird! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHmLljk2t8M" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; )
hikeeba

Unread post by hikeeba »

This is his request for a refund (note: this is still not at the level where eBay steps in, so I'm not sure who he's addressing this to....)

"While the sellers details say and reflect one thing, information Ive received from the corporation that creates them have stated that a certain marking would deem the item authentic or not. This item does not have that marking. I addressed this issue immediately to which the seller says it has to be real it came from this particular collection all of which I have no proof of. What I do have proof of is that it is supposed to be marked a certain way so that I can distinguish this as to what he says it was, and it doesnt have that mark. When contact was made showing my displeasure he told me too bad I dont offer refunds or exchanges. Im not accusing him of a bait and switch, all Im saying is this is 100% not what I want. I could argue that it should not be listed as this item with out that mark as dictated by the company of origin. However, I personally do not feel comfortable having something that doesnt relfect what it says it is in my possession as a real item. There is no amount of explanation from this seller that proves that this is what it claimed to be. However I have from multiple sources and good authority that IF this was the item mentioned, there would be a mark to distinguish it. A mark that would not be seen in his photos. Based on his reputable status, the detail in the listing and the fact that we had 1 good transaction before I took his description on faith and did not ever think to ask is this the real item or did you just list it that way when its not authentic. Again he says I shouldve asked before hand, and he offers no refunds or returns. exactly what shady sales people do. An honest person would say im sorry youre not happy with it, send it back, i understand your concern, Instead I get attitude and was told go ahead and contact paypal, they wont refund you. As if he knows he covered his bases by saying no returns and ask questions first. I just want my money back and am willing to send his item back, Thank you Chris"

You just can't argue with crazy.
Wilko
Cardist: Yes
Decks Owned: 600

Unread post by Wilko »

Shoulda sold them to me. I'd take any variation of red series a white lions as I haven't got any of them!!
hikeeba

Unread post by hikeeba »

Wilko wrote:Shoulda sold them to me. I'd take any variation of red series a white lions as I haven't got any of them!!
These are available! I also know someone who has a deck of red rainbow lions. They should be UVs but he's a forger, so they could also be ordinary red ones. I wouldn't ask for a black dot because he would probably just sharpie a dot on the box.
4.of.Clubs

Unread post by 4.of.Clubs »

Looks like I still need #1 & #3.
----------> Check out the decks I have for sale! <----------
----------> Also check out my Trade List and Wish List, maybe we can make a deal! <----------
hikeeba

Unread post by hikeeba »

Well, eBay decided against me. They let the feedback 6 guy who sells phony EATCT and other forgeries get his money back.
(Yet I'm the one who's called a liar and a thief - even though a real liar would have simply put a black dot on the damned deck.)
I was told I can appeal to get my money back, after it's returned.
Unfortunately, in doing all of this, they have empowered this idiot and let him walk away without even paying a douche tax.
So, regardless - I will soon have a Red White Lions if anyone wants to buy one.
Cbkimble
Decks Owned: 363

Re: eBay: cderdnase1902 (wap)

Unread post by Cbkimble »

Did he open the deck?
Feeding the addiction one deck at a time.
hikeeba

Unread post by hikeeba »

Nope. I'll know for sure when it arrives...assuming, of course, that's my original deck. I should have marked it somehow, so I would know. You know, some small mark like an "X" on the bottom....or maybe...a black dot on the top. :ugdance:
Cardians
White Whale: Anything Lotrek makes....

Unread post by Cardians »

Not only that, you hope it comes back in the same condition as when you shipped it. Undamaged.

Who's going to reimburse any costs to you if the deck comes squished/damaged. eBay? PayPal? USPS?

That's the issue with offering refunds with these particular items. You should change your sales to "NO REFUNDS".
hikeeba

Unread post by hikeeba »

I already had them (and all my listings) as "Ask all questions beforehand - no returns", but apparently that means diddle over squat.

UPDATE: So, he didn't meet the deadline to return them so now he owns them. Went from "I can not accept these as authentic" to getting his return to not returning them. Some people.....
52JokesandCounting

Unread post by 52JokesandCounting »

So did you end up giving refund??
hikeeba

Unread post by hikeeba »

Nope - that was eBay's call. All he had to do was send it back and they were going to take the money from my account. (Then I would have had to appeal it to get it back again.)
Lydian

Unread post by Lydian »

Afraid I have to back up hikeeba, I've had dealings with Chris and it's not been a pleasant one, lot of messing about and false offers etc. Just left a bad taste and won't be doing it again.

Definitely avoid this person.
hikeeba

Unread post by hikeeba »

What Woody Allen says is true: Hollywood is worse than "Dog eats dog", it's "Dog doesn't return other dog's call."
The only way I got the attention of dborders was to fill out a PayPal complaint. Lou called, so I dropped the complaint. He called back, said he would do stuff (including contacting a member here to try to help him out), then never heard from him again, despite calls/e-mail from me.

So, first, proof from dborders that's there's no damn dirty dot:

Next, if anyone's having difficulty with blaine's shop, feel free to contact his manager, Lou Garbayo:

lrg@davidblaine.com or call at (917) 683-2020
double_left

Unread post by double_left »

Thanks Rick for Lou's email address.

I currently have an issue with customer service @ db store regarding replacing a defective deck.

I sent an email on March 4th regarding my issue.
Tracking number on March 9th from gamblers.
Email received March 17th stating they would look into why it hasn't shipped, with a statement that they would respond back.
No response back.
March 21st still hasn't moved/shipped. Email sent to Lou.

Maybe, just maybe he will make something happen. Customer Service at db store is 5 :ucstar: 's out the window. Horrible, just horrible. It will be the last time I order anything from db. :cry:
hikeeba

Unread post by hikeeba »

He's back. As "picasso1007".
Bought my Shade deck to ship it to a PO in Guam. I've canceled the order.
I guess some people don't think people remember this kind of aggravation. Oh well....
hikeeba

Unread post by hikeeba »

And he's back yet again as cderdnase_8. Had to cancel another attempt to purchase a Shade deck shipped to Guam.
And then I get an e-mail "Hello. I’m just wondering why you refunded my recent purchase?"
Is this Tom Hanks' level of Mister Short-term Memory? This guy's very exasperating, so just another heads-up.
Marcus
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by Marcus »

Spotted this thread, might as well contribute my own experience with Chris Dickson:

Back in January 2016 we were supposed to make a deal when CARC had the offer of getting a Microsoft deck for free with purchases of $500. Chris had put out the offer in a Facebook group that he'd be willing to pay $300 and get the deck and someone else would pay $200 and get the rest (in our case a gift certificate). He then claimed to have been offered a 50/50 split on the payment from someone else and asked if I could do that. It was still a good deal for me as I'd get $500 worth of a gift cert for $250 and he'd get the deck for $250 which was less than it went for back then.

I thought everything had gone well until October the same year when I tried using the rest of the gift certificate (around $230 or so left from what I remember) and was informed by CARC that it had been used up by him in September. He played ignorant and was positive the deal was that I'd get $250 of the gift cert for my $250, and he'd get the deck and the other $250 for his $250. Because that is a deal that makes sense, right. (Let's hope my sarcasm shines through here.)

All I can say is that either he scammed me out of $230, or he is so clueless he didn't realize the actual terms of our agreement. He stopped responding to my messages, so I'll let others be the judge of his character. He's managed to cozy up to some of the big names in the magic and card business – don't take that as proof of his character, make your own judgment and be careful.

(I still have the entire communication from this, including him playing ignorant when I brought it up with him.)
Yes, I might be the guy you remember from that thing at that place way back when.