eBay: rileydr@yahoo.com

Have a good or bad experience? Let us know! This includes problem and fraudulent eBay sellers.

eBay: rileydr@yahoo.com

Unread postby hikeeba » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:14 pm  

Yes - he may be a Dr, as his signature states.....

I had pairs of new & stripped Nomads and Contrabands (from Jeremy Hanrahan, IIRC)

I haven't opened a Nomad for a while, but, maybe they're white faces now and the distressing is gone? Meantime...

"The four new decks of cards (2 x NOMAD & 2 x CONTEABAND) are discolored, smeared, yellowed, and are not usuable. In one of the two pictures below, I placed a Q of hearts, a 9 of diamonds and a 4 of diamonds from my personal deck (which are new, white, and have no dislocorations on them) adjacent to the same three cards from one of the NOMAD decks same three cards. The difference is terribly clear. These cards are of no value to me, and I request a full refund for all four decks along with appropriate shipping to and from my home. Alternatively, I will accept a refund and shipping for the four decks of cards as sent to me, and discard the decks to save additional shipping costs to return them. I do not want them in this condition. Please advise. Dr. David Riley"

Yep - didn't even do a google search for the distressed look. But, hey, he'll let me let him "discard" the cards. At some point eBay will get involved, but just as a warning out there - be careful dealing with the doctor.....(a reminder - two of the decks were NEW in their packages....and he still wants a return of the Contraband, even though they have nothing to do with this....)
hikeeba
Veteran
Veteran

Re: eBay: rileydr@yahoo.com

Unread postby crazyfandecks » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:33 pm  

this guy David Riley very impatient, have an undone deal with him because of things out of control that made me, an outsider US, can't ship the decks to USA for him as schedule and he insulted me "Scam, lie, cheat, manipulate to made money from innocent people" - while i had offered him to pay money only when the decks arrived USA and i have photos of decks to show him the decks.
also, he want to have Prototype Deck of David Blaine but have no idea what inside. so maybe not an expert card collector either
crazyfandecks
Apprentice
Apprentice

Unread postby hikeeba » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:02 pm  

Sorry to hear you have to deal with him. The result of my case was he got nothing back. He left me negative feedback. I added him to my banned bidders list and suggest everyone can avoid the potential issues by doing the same.
hikeeba
Veteran
Veteran

Unread postby Slavich » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:29 pm  

I recently made a large trade with him and it was the most unpleasant experience of any trades I've made. I won't go into details here, however this is definitely one of my experiences with him:
crazyfandecks wrote:this guy David Riley very impatient

I would advice anyone who wishes to deal with David to consider another collector first ;)
Slavich
Sentinel
Sentinel

Unread postby crazyfandecks » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:40 pm  

wow, after a judge between me and him on Facebook, turn out lots of people have issues with this guy, now his Ebay ID are drdrr1967.
avoid at all cost
crazyfandecks
Apprentice
Apprentice

Unread postby Cbkimble » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:21 am  

I just sold him a pair of decks. It wasn't the most pleasant deal and he did try to manipulate another deal, but so far it wasn't too bad. Just hoping he doesn't try to claim the decks were damaged or something.
Feeding the addiction one deck at a time.
Cbkimble
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Unread postby Mike Ratledge » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:43 am  

Interesting how many horror stories have turned up recently. From what I csn ascertain, he is just a picky collector, but no doubt about it - he has rubbed quite a few people wrong.
>Mike<

"You can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself"
Moderating in moderation...

Members are encouraged to
Show Us Your Cards!

Dondorf "Hundertjahrkarte" (1933)
restoration sets still available:
Late Backers Link
Decks produced & gilded by
Cartamundi, Restoration by Lotrek

UC members help maintain Portfolio52
THE Playing Card Database Online
Contact ecNate for details and access

UC2018 decks by Rick Davidson
Announcement coming soon!

v2 Carat Card Cases™
single, double, triple & quad
US / Canadian / Overseas
shipping by Priority Mail
>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

Insert disclaimer here...
All information posted as fact is accurate at the time of posting to the best of my knowledge.
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Return to BUYER / SELLER REVIEWS (and eBay seller problems)