Acrylic and Wood Wall Deck Displays

Off-topic randomness, anything goes. Keep it PG-13.
ccralleo

Acrylic and Wood Wall Deck Displays

Unread post by ccralleo »

Hello all,

I've been working on coming up with a unique, quality, deck display option that looks as nice as the decks that will be on display in them. A lot of acrylic displays become more of a giant paperweight or end up sitting awkwardly in a cabinet somewhere looking out of place.

The ones I have been working on have an acrylic core with a wood frame around them and are made to hang on a wall. They are housed in a magnetic base so they are easy to remove from the wall display to show off to your friends or switch out decks. They will look classy on the wall and add a professional art sort of look to all your favorite collections and decks. I'm hoping to offer them in 1,2,3,4,5,6,8,10 deck sizes and may even make one compatible for Legacy and over size decks as well! I'm also working on a giant wood core wall cabinet that will house 100 decks and feature a clear acrylic glare resistant door.

I'm trying to figure out how much of a need there is for display options and what people would like to see in a display option for their collections. I'm hoping to Kickstart something before December. All feedback is appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sparkz
Collector: Yes
Decks Owned: 1000

Re: Acrylic and Wood Wall Deck Displays

Unread post by Sparkz »

ccralleo, first off, best of luck on your project!

The need is there in my opinion. Coming from someone who wants to display as many of his decks as possible I've found from talking to others that the problem is display space. Everyone's living area is different and conditions also contribute to the situation. You may own a home, but your significant other may not want any of your "Hobby" covering walls. So I think display area is problem one, it's not consistent.

Problem two is, there are inexpensive options out there to display your collection and customize it a bit to fit your surroundings. Some have seen my display area, so I don't really want to post it in your thread and hijack your post for information. So problem two is really about cost. You can make a really nice wall display that will hold 30 decks and it's made of wood with a glass door for about $25 and the only skill you need is how to use a hot glue gun :)

There is a quality product out right now that covers single up to 4 decks, 6 & 12. I would concentrate on a wall display to house a larger grouping. 30 decks would take up about a 16 x 20 space give or take the framing of the unit, but those dimensions would be easier to work with in "Most" situations when your display space is limited.

That being said, many don't want to bother with the "Work" and would rather purchase a display, so the need is there, I think the challenge is coming up with a "One size fits all" , quality product that's affordable.

All of this is my opinion of course and I can't wait to see what you have in the works,

Best of Luck!