Thoughts on Bicycle Club 808?

Anything and everything playing cards!
Michelle
Decks Owned: 74

Thoughts on Bicycle Club 808?

Unread post by Michelle »

I've done some research on it and it seems to have faded from public discussion in the past couple of years. Shame since I saw the photo for the Club 808 deck and it looked cool. I've bought enough cards from Bicycle to be a silver member, but is there anything actually up to date? Or benefits to achieving platinum status for some kind of events?

I'm new to the playing card communities so I figured I would ask. :)
ecNate
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 400

Re: Thoughts on Bicycle Club 808?

Unread post by ecNate »

They pretty much ruined it, but it's not totally dead. I was a paid member, but will NEVER buy enough to be anything other than basic member with the new model.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7642&p=91218
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8582&p=102290
Trungbreezy
Decks Owned: 250

Unread post by Trungbreezy »

I'm fairly new to collecting and starting off buying from bicycle. I achieve gold by spending $100 most of it was on the golden luxe ($30 each). If you're gold or platinum they have a project going on and if you participate you receive one project deck for free. Other then that the only emails I've receive from them are just sales.
Instagram: @sj_cardcollector
Michelle
Decks Owned: 74

Unread post by Michelle »

Oh that's cool, shame that it's not what it used to be but the fact that they are still offering complimentary decks to members is great.

How often do they have projects?

I bought some decks with the spring sale going on so I'll be gold once that goes through. I read the thread linked, so hopefully I'll be able to vote and get the new deck.
chach
Player: Yes
White Whale: Vietnam Era Secret Weapon
Decks Owned: 0

Unread post by chach »

It used to be a pretty cool "club" so to say. Even if the decks weren't the best, they had regular releases of exclusive decks for decent prices. Once a year they'd celebrate, "Play More Cards Day" and give their members a brick of standard cards and some other swag.

Then they stopped the releases for the better part of a year, "revamped" their website to an incredibly confusing and horrible one and now Club 808 is pretty much bunk.

This astronomy project they have going is the first of its kind for them and I guess it's interesting, but if I weren't already a gold member I wouldn't become one just to have access to the voting process.

Also, I wonder if anyone actually is a platinum member as it apparently is by invite only.
WTB/WTT: Vietnam Era Bicycle Secret Weapon Deck