Capital C Documentary Movie (with Jackson Robinson)

Off-topic randomness, anything goes. Keep it PG-13.
ecNate
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 400

Capital C Documentary Movie (with Jackson Robinson)

Unread post by ecNate »

I thought this was mentioned before someplace, but couldn't find it. Anyhow, the Capital C movie was finally released to the public outside of festivals on Friday that features Jackson as one of 3 Kickstarter creators, which naturally was a KS project itself.

I decided to buy it through Google Play instead of just renting because I decided I may most likely want to watch it again. I'm quite glad I did and it gave some new insight and a peek behind the scenes of one of my favorite designers/artists. After watching it I have even more respect and appreciation for Jackson as an artist and as a person. I also love the crowd funding model and have backed a number of non-card projects so really enjoyed hearing the backstories for other creators which also include the Wasteland 2 game which Jackson has a deck currently being funded as the theme. I've also now gotten interested in that as a game so going to look that up next and see where it's at and perhaps pick it up if I can yet. EDIT - It is, but given my lack of time I'll hold off until winter, perhaps will be cheaper then too. http://store.steampowered.com/app/240760

For a documentary it was pretty interesting and entertaining, most likely because I was already interested in the topic and the people involved, but I would recommend it. What I thought was really neat is it seemed to show (not sure if re-enactment or if they were really there) the moment he launched Fed 52 II on Kickstarter and it was really neat to see his response and talk about his journey. It was inspiring and cool to know we were a part of it in a tiny way.

You can rent on a number of digital formats from here for about $4 USD http://www.capitalc-movie.com/
chach
White Whale: Vietnam Era Secret Weapon
Decks Owned: 0

Re: Capital C Documentary Movie (with Jackson Robinson)

Unread post by chach »

Hadn't heArd of it, I'll give it a shot, thanks for the heads up.

As for Wasteland 2, Steam puts it on sale for a few bucks less than $20 once or twice a year, so just keep your eye on it. It's a hella fun game, as is the first one.
WTB/WTT: Vietnam Era Bicycle Secret Weapon Deck
ecNate
Decks Owned: 400

Unread post by ecNate »

This is also now on Netflix for those interested

http://www.netflix.com/title/80044823
Gareth

Unread post by Gareth »

Also now released on DVD (from October 20 in the US) for us dinosaur types :-)

It happens to work out cheaper than the $25 Early Bird pledge level that included it, too.
sprouts1115
Deck Artist
Deck Artist
Decks Owned: 50

Unread post by sprouts1115 »

chach wrote:Hadn't heArd of it, I'll give it a shot, thanks for the heads up.

As for Wasteland 2, Steam puts it on sale for a few bucks less than $20 once or twice a year, so just keep your eye on it. It's a hella fun game, as is the first one.

Spoiler Alert: I bet Wasteland 2. Save your game before you push the button for the potable nuclear device. The button works. I hope Jackson gets nice and settled in Austin, Texas. We might see some of his best work yet. He is in that artistic land in the funny part of Texas.

RussellSprouts