"This is my favorite Ace of Spades in my collection" thread!

Anything and everything playing cards!
Räpylätassu
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: Black Palekh from 1937
Decks Owned: 700

"This is my favorite Ace of Spades in my collection" thread!

Unread post by Räpylätassu »

Hello forum!

I had a brilliant idea to open this fun little thread. In this thread everyone simply posts their favorite Ace of Spades of their collection. The deck itself dosen't matter. Neither the handling, nor the price, printer or anything else except the design of the Ace of Spades. Also be sure to tell us why it is your favorite, perhaps also what kind of Ace of Spades you like in general or an Ace of Spades you would like to see in the future. And if you can't name just one, or you feel that it is unfair to name only one from your collection, just post some of your favorites or even better, a TOP 3 or TOP 5 or heck, even TOP 10 list if you feel like to :D

My favorite Ace of Spades dosen't actually come from a deck that is even a close being on my favorite decks. I saw the Ace of Spades of it and I knew I had to get the deck, without seeing any other card of it. The deck is.... Coterie 1902's Question Decks Ace of Spades

What I really like about it is, well everything. Firstly, it's big! It's bold! Secondly, it dosen't have a text of a logo inside it to ruin it. I always like Ace of Spades more if nothing is inside it. And thirdly, those two lines under it. I love it when there is just one or two lines of text under the Ace of Spades, it makes it look much much better than without them, or the text inside the Ace.

And remember:
"...It's about respecting the will of others, and believing in your own..." - Big Boss (Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots)

Now carry on!
Left my heart in SIERRA MADRE

"Finding it... that's not the hard part. It's letting go."

"One makes a trip by day, but by night one sets out on a journey." -Moominmamma

I dream of a world where wars are fought only by having dance offs. I also dream that a Finnish playing card designer would exist. The former seems more likely to happend.

Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a penguin. Have you ever met a sad person with a penguin?

Are lobsters mermaids to scorpions?

"I did not hit her, it's not true, it's bullsh*t, I did not hit her, I did naaaht! Oh hai Mark!"

MY TRADELIST

MY TOP 150 DECKS

MY PORTFOLIO52 PAGE
mook
Cardist: Yes
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 18

Re: "This is my favorite Ace of Spades in my collection" thr

Unread post by mook »

This is my favourite for two reasons:

1) This was my first. I had a stroke just before Christmas last year, and my family chose this deck as a "get well" present.

2) I just love the line and detail. Clear, not too busy, with a element of mystery appropriate to the deck.
Archangels-Ace.jpg
What IS a mook?
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin
Player: Yes
White Whale: OG USPCC Vanity Fair [mint]
Decks Owned: 7800

Re: "This is my favorite Ace of Spades in my collection" thr

Unread post by Mike Ratledge »

One of my favorite Aces of Spades is in the oldest USPCC (before it WAS) Congress 606 decks from the 1886-89 time frame. This is US6 in Hochman's Encyclopedia of Playing Cards. I say "one of" because it is truly impossible for me to pick just one. This old school deck has one of my favorite Jokers also:
tmp_6638-2015-07-07 05.56.261878973529.jpg
tmp_6638-2015-07-07 05.58.021715106510.jpg
The Dundreary type 1 Joker.
>Mike<
"You can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself"
They say "Ignorance is bliss". Obviously, some people are much happier than others...

Members are encouraged to
Show Us Your Cards!

Our UC2021 Decks entitled
"Odd Fellows"
by Lorenzo Gaggiotti / @Stockholm17
Coming soon: AKA
«Eighth Annual Decks»

UC members help maintain Portfolio52
THE Playing Card Database Online
Contact ecNate for details and access

UC2019 "Seventh Annual Decks"
by Montenzi Design
Funded 207% on KS: HERE

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

Insert disclaimer here...
All information posted as fact is accurate at the time of posting to the best of my knowledge.