Club 808 Survey

Off-topic randomness, anything goes. Keep it PG-13.
chach
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: Vietnam Era Secret Weapon
Decks Owned: 0

Club 808 Survey

Unread post by chach »

Looks like USPCC's Club 808 is still on life support and they're looking for feedback on how to improve it. Just filled out my survey in hopes of winning a 10 pack, stating that I'd like to see a new deck every month, uncut sheets a must have and could care less about another online forum. Would just be y'all over there anyhow.

I do hope they revive it, after all ladies and gentlemen, they can rebuild it. They have the technology. They have the capability to make the world's premiere card collecting club for new designs and Club 808 will be that club. Better than it was before. Better... stronger... faster.
WTB/WTT: Vietnam Era Bicycle Secret Weapon Deck
ecNate
Decks Owned: 400

Re: Club 808 Survey

Unread post by ecNate »

I let mine expire a few months ago, but glad they might be trying to do something. I really don't understand how they let this go. It's really not that hard to do some kind of update for the club every week or two and then come up with a new QUALITY deck at least once a quarter. Something they really should have been doing is holding design contests for decks that club members vote on. Cheap new designs that you already know the members will buy.

Please let us know if they share any of the results or planned changes. I'm holding off on renewing until it looks like they have their act together or there is something new worth renewing to purchase.
Cbkimble
Decks Owned: 363

Re: Club 808 Survey (wap)

Unread post by Cbkimble »

I did the same, letting my membership expire. They probably have more than they can handle with all the decks they're printing these days. Still a shame they let the club falter.
Feeding the addiction one deck at a time.
CBJ
Decks Owned: 2000

Unread post by CBJ »

I'm a hardcore Bicycle collector.. and I also let my membership lapse.

For an exclusive club, a 5000 deck run is too big. Also, when it first started up.. members were restricted to 6 of each deck. They quickly changed that to 24! It's too many!

I realize that people could just open multiple accounts, and but as many as they want.

Another thing - the Bicycle Club808 deck you get for joining.
This should have been an annual deck, so every year when you renew.. you get that years deck.
That way, people who joined year one have exclusive decks that are no longer available. and year 2, etc....
So, someone who joined on year 6 would not have access to the first 5 annual membership-signup decks.

Anyway, in my eyes they've lost their way. Unless there's a serious overhaul.. I'll never sign up again
CBJ

Are you a Bicycle collector? Come join the Facebook group: www.BicycleCardCollectors.com
Eoghann

Unread post by Eoghann »

Yeah, that's pretty much my stance as well. I let the membership expire. The latest decks were complete duds if you ask me.
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin
White Whale: OG USPCC Vanity Fair [mint]
Decks Owned: 7800

Unread post by Mike Ratledge »

Mine expires tomorrow, and I also have no plans to renew. It should be easily a must have, but they let it slide far too long. Recovery is possible, but I have to say unlikely, IMHO.
>Mike<
"You can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself"
They say "Ignorance is bliss". Obviously, some people are much happier than others...

Members are encouraged to
Show Us Your Cards!

Our UC2021 Decks entitled
"Odd Fellows"
by Lorenzo Gaggiotti / @Stockholm17
Coming soon: AKA
«Eighth Annual Decks»

UC members help maintain Portfolio52
THE Playing Card Database Online
Contact ecNate for details and access

UC2019 "Seventh Annual Decks"
by Montenzi Design
Funded 207% on KS: HERE

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

Insert disclaimer here...
All information posted as fact is accurate at the time of posting to the best of my knowledge.
nECr0MaNCeD
Cardist: Yes
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 677

Unread post by nECr0MaNCeD »

Pretty much in the same boat. Mine expired last month. $18.95 should be a no brainer but even at that low price there was no compelling reason to renew.
If it's too loud.... you're too old!
chach
White Whale: Vietnam Era Secret Weapon
Decks Owned: 0

Unread post by chach »

I posted on FB if there were plans for the 808, they actually replied back that they had a few decks lined up and would be releasing one soon. My acct is due for renewal, I just may keep it and be the guinea pig for everyone.
WTB/WTT: Vietnam Era Bicycle Secret Weapon Deck
LouCipherr
Cardist: Yes
Decks Owned: 200

Unread post by LouCipherr »

Well, they've released some new decks alright. Here's the email I just received:

Hi Club 808 Members,

Bicycle® invites our most loyal fans to have a first look at the latest reflective metal technology that unites design, unmatched light reflection, and luxury.

Get your limited edition decks on Club 808 today!

Prototypes

$20.00
Extremely Limited Edition - only 821 decks available
Available in red, blue, green, or silver
Luxurious Rider Back design using metal technology

Bicycle® Espionage

$20.00
Limited Edition - only 1,304 decks available
Layered ink and metal in one complex card back design

Disclaimer: These are one of a kind decks.These decks were part of test runs and may not be perfect productions. Only available while supplies last.

A look at all the colors available for the protoypes:

Additional info from the product page itself:

Straight out of the lab - Bicycle® is excited to announce our first ever foil deck!

Designed especially for our loyal Club 808 fans, this prototype deck has been in development for over a year with our production team. You are invited to have a first look at the technology that unites design, unmatched light reflection and luxury into our first ever Bicycle® foil deck. Making a foil deck perform up to our standards required many attempts and forced us to develop new production techniques. While this hard work and innovation will be used in future decks, these decks represent a unique opportunity to own the first prototypes for this technology.

Selected for the iconic and intricate pattern, the Rider Back was used for this deck. A variety of colors was trialed to learn how the metal would react to the manufacturing process. With quality in mind, we were able to achieve a product that has unprecedented light reflection characteristics, beautiful color-tone, no flake durability, and the same quality properties as Bicycle® products are known to have – printed on premium cardstock with the brand’s classic air-cushion finish®.

Each prototype deck includes tracking label on the tuck and a certificate of authenticity that certifies the importance of these decks. To keep the contents safe, each deck and certificate is individually packaged in a padded colored envelope before it is boxed.

Maximum of 2 decks per color per member. Quantities are very limited.
Made in the USA.
Also available in the following colors:
Silver, Red, and Blue

I really like the green and the espionage deck (I missed out on the first run of these) so I might pick up those two. Not sure about the other colors, but the metallic green really caught my eye.

ecNate
Decks Owned: 400

Unread post by ecNate »

Thanks for the update! I almost signed up again until I saw they wanted $20 each for these. The foil back could be neat, but I'm assuming it's standard courts and the tuck is obviously meh. Interesting, but doesn't justify $20 plus shipping, plus the membership fee again. I have the original Espionage deck and really like it, but this tuck is 10x better. I get these have extra features and added costs, but still too much. They should reduce the margins on the 808 decks for members, not increase them. Disappointed yet again. :(
Cbkimble
Decks Owned: 363

Unread post by Cbkimble »

ecNate wrote:Thanks for the update! I almost signed up again until I saw they wanted $20 each for these. The foil back could be neat, but I'm assuming it's standard courts and the tuck is obviously meh. Interesting, but doesn't justify $20 plus shipping, plus the membership fee again. I have the original Espionage deck and really like it, but this tuck is 10x better. I get these have extra features and added costs, but still too much. They should reduce the margins on the 808 decks for members, not increase them. Disappointed yet again. :(
prices are definitely disappointing since a competitor is doing the same thing for 1/3 less than these.
Feeding the addiction one deck at a time.
Eoghann

Unread post by Eoghann »

Definitely exciting news. But I'll wait for the fully custom USPCC decks with that technology. Particularly from the Kings Wild Half Moon Thirdway Stockholm DeadOn Edgy GW crew. :lol:

But this could also mean Theory11 and Ellusionist will jump in so it's all something to look forward to.