Underage buyers with no access to credit cards

Off-topic randomness, anything goes. Keep it PG-13.
Nocturnal

Underage buyers with no access to credit cards

Unread post by Nocturnal »

A few years ago, I was without a credit card myself. This was utterly frustrating as I was unable to buy the decks that I wanted online and it could only be bought with paypal and credit card. So I had to wait a few years later when I was of age and working before I could buy the decks I wanted.I couldn't find these decks in my country. However, these decks nowadays are going for exorbitant prices. The point I'm trying to make is, perhaps there could be a forum where people from the same county and location help one another. To elaborate further, I will use a scenario. There are two persons involved in this. The person interested(Daryl) and a helping hand(Michael). Now, the Daryl is underage and does not have access to a credit card. He contacts Michael who has a credit card,paypal account..etc. to help him buy a deck. Once Daryl asks Michael and Michael agrres to help him buy, Daryl is under an agreement to carry the whole transaction out. At no point in time when Michael purchases the product can Daryl quickly change his mind to not buy it.So, Once the package arrives under Michael's name to his own house, he will calculate the costs of the whole transaction(product price and shipping prices altogether). Daryl and Michael will later agree to meet at a selected venue(library, train station). Michael would show Daryl the receipt of the product and then they would exchange product and money with each other. If at any time Daryl's mother shows up to cancel the transaction, Michael would be able to show the binding agreement between the two parties. Thus I would like to propose a forum in which people would be able to do that.
P.S. I did think of a few obstacles with this proposal. For one, either party might be unscrupulous(in manner of just taking the product for themselves or scams etc). Two- the underage thing might cause a huge uproar among parents.
P.P.S Although this is bound to get a lot of criticisms, I would like to add that similarly, we do the same thing in these forums. We use our gut instinct to tell ourselves which sellers might be scammers and who might be the honest ones.Constructive arguments and criticisms are gladly welcomed.
ecNate
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 400

Re: Underage buyers with no access to credit cards

Unread post by ecNate »

Sorry, but this barely deserves a response (why people have read and not responded).

A kid could get a pre-paid credit card or work it out with their parents, which might be needed anyhow. A 'binding agreement' isn't possible in most countries with those underage so that is pointless. If they can't get the parents to go along with it then that's a different issue and nobody wants to get in the middle of that drama. This reminds me of a kid asking somebody to buy alcohol for them, all the risk and no reward.

Forget about the lack of access to credit cards or mommy getting mad scenario, just doing group buys locally to save on shipping might be an interesting concept, but it should be done with people you trust and ideally do a cash based exchange in person when they arrive, plus a small fee. Should anybody back out the person buying would have the option and need to be willing to sell on ebay. I think what you need is somebody to open a deck store near you.
Nocturnal

Unread post by Nocturnal »

Thank you. I do appreciate your thoughts on the matter. After all, it was just a random thought.
montecarlojoe
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: Avant Guard UL Gr - No17 Crown
Decks Owned: 690

Unread post by montecarlojoe »

Besides which, this is what the "COOP" code is for in the BUY/SELL forum; to Cooperatively buy / pledge to mitigate shipping costs or other obstacles.