Deck sealed or signed ?

Off-topic randomness, anything goes. Keep it PG-13.
frediboy1234
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
Decks Owned: 43

Deck sealed or signed ?

Unread post by frediboy1234 »

I dont know at all where to post this but well...

Im sorry if that post does not belong here and I would love to know where I was suppose to post it so please tell me .

So my question is : What is the more valuable for a collector, a deck opened with the signature of the creator or just the deck sealed ?
Everything is possible, just follow the 3 P rule :
P : Patience
P : Practice
P : persistence
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Cardist: Yes
Player: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Re: Deck sealed or signed ?

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

Hard to say, since there are varying degrees of either of those factors. The signature can be on the cello, on the box (cello removed) or even on a certificate of authenticity (as long as the decks can be identified by a serial number reflected on the certificate). And a deck can be sealed and cello'ed, cello'ed with no seal and uncello'ed with a seal (and there's probably a few exceptions with special circumstances).

In the end though, any collectible is only worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it. Not a lot of ways to quantify that.
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
montecarlojoe
White Whale: Avant Guard UL Gr - No17 Crown
Decks Owned: 690

Unread post by montecarlojoe »

The real question is "which collector?"

in the end the only important answer is What is the more valuable for YOU, a deck opened with the signature of the creator or just the deck sealed ?

Personally I open most of my decks... but if I have a signed and non signed or a standard and a limited Ill tend to open the non signed or the standard decks
Cbkimble
Decks Owned: 363

Unread post by Cbkimble »

IMO, a deck with a signature has a higher value. Now you have to consider cellophaned or not. Most signatures on cello will rub off unless you put it in a case. I'm good with a signature deck without cello as long as there is a seal. An opened deck, even in good excellent condition, just doesn't hold a lot of value. For me, a deck loses more value once opened than a vehicle does once driven off the car lot.

When i say value, I mean monetary value. I have a few decks with personal value that are almost priceless.
Feeding the addiction one deck at a time.