CARD CADDY Live on KS

Off-topic randomness, anything goes. Keep it PG-13.
Jock1971
Collector: Yes

CARD CADDY Live on KS

Unread post by Jock1971 »

Pretty Cool Idea 8-)
ecNate
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 400

Re: CARD CADDY Live on KS

Unread post by ecNate »

At first I thought, "there's a solution in search of a problem", but then I realized that it would be great for those that play cards on a bus, train, without table, etc. This clearly isn't me, but if it were I could definitely see the appeal. The custom deck is an interesting add on, but given it's just a standard deck with a custom back I'm not sure how well that will sell since at that point the competition is standard Bike decks for 1/2 the cost. Unless the tuck will also be super custom and interesting?

Anyhow, good luck. The price isn't terrible, but I now see that does not include shipping which would make it only perfect for those who would use on a regular basis.
dazzleguts
White Whale: Das Kartenspiel Des Oberdeutsc
Decks Owned: 885

Unread post by dazzleguts »

It should be black or have a colour, but seems a good idea for travel.
Even better would be a smaller patience size of caddy and deck to make it less bulky.
Worldwide Time Machine

"Cards from far off lands and bygone days!"
Eoghann

Unread post by Eoghann »

I like the idea. But I don't like the color. I don't even think that's the color of the actual caddy. Unless I'm misunderstanding, the caddy is going to be green and some slogan indicating its a Kickstarter version.
Dimesy

Unread post by Dimesy »

Thanks for the comments - the colors will be black and green (so you can have all black, all green or green/black). And it will have the Kickstarter limited edition engraving.
I wasn't thrilled about the price point and it will definitely come down over time, but I'm hoping there's some appeal in getting an edition of the product that will never be produced again.
And, again if we're successful, there will be various deck sizes available, as well as different heights.
But first, we've got to get over the first hump of getting the KS funded!
arrowhead
Decks Owned: 35

Unread post by arrowhead »

I've been looking for something like this. Second getting a few more "popping" colors!

Nice work!
Dimesy

Unread post by Dimesy »

Lots of people have asked for more colors, so I made the numbers work and now the stretch goals now unlock TWO colors for each tier. Gotta get to the goal before those stretch goals come into play, but the first one isn't too far over the goal. Thanks for the input and support!
WillHart CthulhuWho1
Deck Artist
Deck Artist

Unread post by WillHart CthulhuWho1 »

My wife hasn't driven since she totaled her car years ago; so I am her chauffeur whenever she needs to go anywhere.

And that means I have plenty of time to play with cards in the car, but they do tend to slide around; even when using a mat.

So I'm in for two caddies and two decks; and I hope others will see how handy these could be too.

Will Hart
Fullerton, California
Will Hart
Fullerton, California
Most of my collection:
http://www.portfolio52.com/collection/277/images
Dimesy

Unread post by Dimesy »

The Kickstarter for the Card Caddy was successful. I saw quite a few backers came from this site - thanks for your support and keep those suggestions coming!