USA Presidential Vote 2012

Off-topic randomness, anything goes. Keep it PG-13.
Russell

USA Presidential Vote 2012

Unread post by Russell »

Did you do your civic duty?

Those of you uninformed on the candidates, thank you for not voting. Ignorant voting is worse than not voting, learn about the candidates on both sides. It's not red vs blue.

Those of you under 18, if you want changes, more freedom and more money in your pocket then learn all you can and vote.

Those of you out of the USA, I'm sorry for whoever we are about to elect. HAHA!
walrus

Re: USA Presidential Vote 2012

Unread post by walrus »

I still miss George Bush. I am giving Romney a chance. He is for big business which
includes USPCC.
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

walrus wrote:I still miss George Bush. I am giving Romney a chance. He is for big business which
includes USPCC.
Trolololol :D
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
MJF

Unread post by MJF »

HA HA HA HA, great posts...

I think after reading all the threads today...
The Altruism Deck/Snow Owl deck problem
The Double Seal on the Sultans
The "Issues" I'm having with Ellusionist
and the consistent Issues producers are having with USPCC

I think the little guy needs more help protecting themselves from these messes... *sigh*

Here's hoping tomorrow's a better day (either way it will be, cause the political ads will finally stop). :roll:
CBJ
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 2000

Unread post by CBJ »

Obama wins!
CBJ

Are you a Bicycle collector? Come join the Facebook group: www.BicycleCardCollectors.com
lumpyliew

Unread post by lumpyliew »

Yay! Although I'm not an American ... But still yayyyyy!
Don't Worry , Be Happy Cheers!
MJF

Unread post by MJF »

Couldn't be happier tonight! :)
Evan

Unread post by Evan »

I'm glad Obama was re-elected. If I could vote, I would have voted for him.
Russell

Unread post by Russell »

I guess I'm the only person who leans right. I refuse to call my self Democrat/Republican.
Assassino13

Unread post by Assassino13 »

Although I'm under 18, I try to stay up to date on Politics. That said, I'm an independent and I believe that Obama was a better candidate.
My Youtube! "Time never waits. It delivers all equally to the same end. You, who wish to safeguard the future, however limited it may be. Go forth without falter, with your heart as your guide.
neongrey

Unread post by neongrey »

I'm Canadian, but I'm excited and interested to see what comes of a lot of the results of this. Got a lot of thrilled friends about a number of the initiatives that passed.
DelMagic

Unread post by DelMagic »

Not happy about the election results at all.

I am so sick of new government programs, policies, etc. I could just scream. I would be thrilled if someone running for the presidency proclaimed I have no new programs on my agenda - all I am going is cut the fluff, eliminate redundant federal agencies already covered by state programs, and spend my time executing all of the laws already on the books. There are plenty of laws already in existencee, we don't really need tens of thousands of more pages added to the federal government duties.

I would love a presidential candidate to scoff at some reporter askiing about job creation. The candidate could snort, laugh and giggle. Then the candidate could hand the reporter a copy of the constitution and ask the reporter to show the candidate where that specific responsibility is laid upon the president. Then the candidate might say something clever like it is probably right uncer the line about the separation of church and state. The reporter would look in vain for such things.

As for these weed-happy voters, gimme a break. Having even more selfish, self-focused, self-medicated people running around in our society is actually a bad thing, not a good thing, regardless of your opinions on the war on drugs.

Most people understand the concepts of right and wrong and almost everyone believes them to valid in certain instances. Convincing a certain number of voters to vote in a certain way, or finding a group of legislators to vote in a certain way, or getting a judge (or 5) to make a ruling in a certain way can make something legal - but that won't make it right. And if we can keep that concept alive, then losing some legal battle doesn't have to be the final nail in the coffin for a viewpoint.

Words have meanings and it shouldn't simply be the case that getting enough votes will change the meaning of a word. That is simply silly. In our country's past, some human beings were legally declared to be property - not endowed with basic human value and civil rights. That was wrong even though it was legal. Changing the definition of marriage is wrong - even if it may legally occur. For thousands of years people have known what marriage means. Give the new couples all the rights (and responsibilities) of married people - no problem with that. Just don't use the term marriage. What hubris we show sometimes.

I haven't been too happy with the Republican party since GHW Bush raised taxes. Even under the Repubs there's been way too much government growth in everything but it's prime responsibility - national defense. That's been shrinking regularly.

Onward....
walrus

Unread post by walrus »

Living on the East Coast and being Republican means my vote is about as useless
as breasts on a bull. It is very frustrating.
Russell

Unread post by Russell »

walrus wrote:Living on the East Coast and being Republican means my vote is about as useless
MJF

Unread post by MJF »

walrus wrote:Living on the East Coast and being Republican means my vote is about as useless
How in the hell could you not like Steak and Boobs? :D