Intrigued by the hobby!

Where are you from and what are your interests?
Exvaris

Intrigued by the hobby!

Unread post by Exvaris »

Hey guys, I am new here!

I have a few friends, one who collects playing cards, and another who has been practicing magic as a hobby for a long time. The magician friend of mine is now starting to take magic very seriously and has been performing shows and bookings, and he has gotten really good. He has performed at the Magic Castle in Hollywood, and, as a close friend, my wife and I asked him to entertain guests during cocktail hour at our wedding several months ago. Guests kept asking me "Who was that magician at your wedding? He was awesome!"

Nonetheless, my exposure to these friends piqued an interest that I'd had for a long time. I loved magic when I was growing up and there is something about watching a really good magic trick - you know, the kind of trick that really fascinates you and makes you think - that makes me feel like a kid again. That sense of wonder is hard to find elsewhere in the world, and who would've thought that it could come from something as simple as a coin or a deck of cards?

So given my love for magic (and my attempts to learn it as a kid), I've decided to take another swing at it and to take it seriously this time.

I am a sales exec by day at a desk job, but in other more exciting areas of my life I am a (newly-wedded) husband, reader, thinker, foodie, musician and gamer. I have a wide variety of interests ranging from philosophy to nightlife and virtually everywhere in between. I will try anything at least once.

That said, I'm hoping to learn a lot here. I love to lurk forums and am looking forward to lurking (and eventually contributing to) this one!
"Victorious warriors win first, then go to war; defeated warriors go to war first, then seek to win."
- Sun Tzu, The Art of War
MJF

Re: Intrigued by the hobby!

Unread post by MJF »

Welcome to the boards Exvaris! Great to have you here! :mrgreen: