Greetings from NYC

Where are you from and what are your interests?
tonyricciardi
Collector: Yes
Decks Owned: 1200

Greetings from NYC

Unread post by tonyricciardi »

Greetings UC members!

My name is Tony and I'm new to the forum but not to the hobby.

I've been collecting for a few years and I collect with my boys (10 and 12).

We generally look for decks with interesting artwork, rare/limited decks and Daniel Madison decks.

Our collection can be viewewed here - http://www.portfolio52.com/collection/1148/images" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
nECr0MaNCeD
Cardist: Yes
Player: Yes
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 677

Re: Greetings from NYC

Unread post by nECr0MaNCeD »

Hey Tony. Sorry no one has gotten around to welcome you. As you know we've already spoken when you purchased some of my decks but I wanted to officially welcome you to out humble digital abode. I hope you enjoy it here. Some of us may seem a little crazy but once you get to know us you'll see were just nuts..... :ugdance: :ugthink: :ugdance:
If it's too loud.... you're too old!
ecNate
Decks Owned: 400

Unread post by ecNate »

Tony from NYC, you must be the only Tony there, right? ;)

Looks like you have a great collection already, many of my faves are there and you have a number of the 'classics' for modern decks (Arcana, Ussi, Seasons, Ultimate). Surprised no Fed 52, did you just get into collecting too late and the prices are too much or do they just not interest you?

Anyhow, welcome!
tonyricciardi
Decks Owned: 1200

Unread post by tonyricciardi »

ecNate wrote:Tony from NYC, you must be the only Tony there, right? ;)

Looks like you have a great collection already, many of my faves are there and you have a number of the 'classics' for modern decks (Arcana, Ussi, Seasons, Ultimate). Surprised no Fed 52, did you just get into collecting too late and the prices are too much or do they just not interest you?

Anyhow, welcome!

Thanks for the welcome, folks. Funny story - I actually do have the Feds, I just haven't gotten around to adding my Bicycle decks. :) I have SO many Bike decks, I will be adding them slowly over the next few weeks. I started with the non-Bicycle decks first.

I really hope the Seasons folks keep up the Portfolio52 project. I absolutely love it, but my fear is there's nobody keeping watch over it. I know it's in beta, I just hope there's enough interest for them to keep it alive and thriving.
ecNate
Decks Owned: 400

Unread post by ecNate »

tonyricciardi wrote:I really hope the Seasons folks keep up the Portfolio52 project. I absolutely love it, but my fear is there's nobody keeping watch over it. I know it's in beta, I just hope there's enough interest for them to keep it alive and thriving.
Alex is actually towards the end of designing and funding a major update to the site. I've seen glimpses of it and it should be a pretty big improvement. It's not going anywhere soon for sure. Some details here - viewtopic.php?f=58&t=8899