Hi, from Northern Ireland.

Where are you from and what are your interests?
Darth_Dudley

Hi, from Northern Ireland.

Unread post by Darth_Dudley »

Hi people, I'm new to cardistry and new to this website,

I found this website while I was looking for decks of cards which are recommended for magicians/cardists and I'm hoping that someone can help me.

I've been using Bikes, Tallys, Aladins, Bees ect from the USPCC. They are all great but I'm starting to wonder what else there is out there. I'm finding it difficult to find quality recommended decks online due to the huge range of USPCC cards online. I've ran out of search ideas!

Can anyone post me a few links to a couple of other card producers? Or even a few of their personal favorites so I can have a look at them?

I'm sure there's a bigger world to Cards than the USPCC.

Cheers and all the best.

Alex
Räpylätassu
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: Black Palekh from 1937
Decks Owned: 700

Re: Hi, from Northern Ireland.

Unread post by Räpylätassu »

HI there!

You might want to check out cards from Expert Playing Card Company and Legends Playing Card Company. They both print their cards in the same factory in Taiwan and their quality is great! Legends tends to experiment more on different stocks/finishes.

I recommend to try LUXX Palme which was printed by Legends and produced by JP Playing Cards, an online card store in England. The deck is stunning and should go well in cardistry.

Hope that is a start! PM me if you want more tips about great Legends or Expert decks.

Cheers

Roope
Left my heart in SIERRA MADRE

"Finding it... that's not the hard part. It's letting go."

"One makes a trip by day, but by night one sets out on a journey." -Moominmamma

I dream of a world where wars are fought only by having dance offs. I also dream that a Finnish playing card designer would exist. The former seems more likely to happend.

Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a penguin. Have you ever met a sad person with a penguin?

Are lobsters mermaids to scorpions?

"I did not hit her, it's not true, it's bullsh*t, I did not hit her, I did naaaht! Oh hai Mark!"

MY TRADELIST

MY TOP 150 DECKS

MY PORTFOLIO52 PAGE
Darth_Dudley

Räpylätassu, cheers for the quick reply.

What kind of finish do the LUXX have? I'm used to the 'air cushioned' types but I'm hoping to experiment with something else.

Cheers again

Alex
Räpylätassu
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: Black Palekh from 1937
Decks Owned: 700

Unread post by Räpylätassu »

LUXX Palme had an "Elite Finish". It's pretty similar to USPCC's Air Cushion. The stock is a bit different but nothing that big, it's quite similar to USPCC for a deck from a different printer.

The Original LUXX Shadow Edition has Diamond Finish. That finish is quite different from Air-Cushion, it's smoother and has a waxy kind of feel to it. Expert Playing Card Company uses the same finish on many of their decks, they just call it Master finish.

Go check out JP Playing Cards, they have a great selection of decks, I buy most of my decks from them.
Left my heart in SIERRA MADRE

"Finding it... that's not the hard part. It's letting go."

"One makes a trip by day, but by night one sets out on a journey." -Moominmamma

I dream of a world where wars are fought only by having dance offs. I also dream that a Finnish playing card designer would exist. The former seems more likely to happend.

Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a penguin. Have you ever met a sad person with a penguin?

Are lobsters mermaids to scorpions?

"I did not hit her, it's not true, it's bullsh*t, I did not hit her, I did naaaht! Oh hai Mark!"

MY TRADELIST

MY TOP 150 DECKS

MY PORTFOLIO52 PAGE
Darth_Dudley

Good stuff dude,

I actually just got some aladins of JP's Amazon shop lol. I'll go and check it again.

Thanks for your help!