An enthusiastic beginner.

Where are you from and what are your interests?
Michelle
Decks Owned: 74

An enthusiastic beginner.

Unread post by Michelle »

Hello, I'm Michelle!
I've always loved playing cards, although until recently I was more so the type of person to constantly learn new games and carry a handy deck around. The discovery of mobile phone games changed everything. :lol:
Anyway, almost two years ago I started super-casually collecting. I visited convenience stores, supermarkets, and random places just to see what kind of decks they had. My favorite decks are two Princess Bride themed decks that I purchased at Comic Con 2014...maybe I'm more into customized, less traditional styled faces, but I really like having a variety to play with.
Since I can't spend too much, my collection isn't all that impressive- it's got 35, the majority of which are modern Bicycle decks. I'm also hoping to take up some cardistry soon, since it looks amazing, even though I've got poor coordination. :P
Non-card-related...I hail from New York and love to read and write, as you can tell by my somewhat lengthy introduction. I look forward to talking to fellow community members! :D
jsantafe
Collector: Yes

Re: An enthusiastic beginner.

Unread post by jsantafe »

Welcome Michelle! All custom deck are my preference too, and many will agree here. You won't get short of options, that's for sure!
JS

Every deck I open makes your sealed one more valuable. You're welcome.
ecNate
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 400

Unread post by ecNate »

Welcome Michelle! Most here really appreciated fully custom courts and there's quite a few here that buy those exclusively. You'll have lots of support in that area! ;) Consider joining Portfolio52 and adding your collection there, you can also generate a wishlist and browse other collections to see what else is out there.

I also have grand plans of trying cardistry more, but the lack of time to practice and my stubby fingers say no. :lol:
Michelle

Jsantafe- Thanks!! I'm in a few card collecting groups on other sites and they're mostly hardcore enthusiasts with most decks long out of print and vintage. Glad to see other people appreciating modern decks!

ecNate- *wiggles stubby fingers* Yeah, I feel that. Worst case scenario I use one of my mini decks, much less impressive but maybe it'll be fun. I will definitely check out the portfolios and wishlist!
nECr0MaNCeD
Cardist: Yes
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 677

Unread post by nECr0MaNCeD »

Hello and belated greetings Michelle. They say the journey of a thousand miles starts with one step. You've made your first step. We all started with a few decks. The advice to use Portfolio52 is a good one as well as the Member Buy/Sell/Trade/ISO board. You can also keep up with what Kickstarter campaigns are about to drop and with some luck snag an Early Bird deck here and there for cheap. Then there are the contests.... Needless to say this is THE place to be for collectors.

PS Most of us may seem a bit crazy at first but once you get to know us you'll find out were just nuts..... :ugdance: :ugthink: :ugdance: :ugthink: :ugdance: :ugthink:
If it's too loud.... you're too old!
Michelle

Sorry for the late reply!
Thank you. :) I created an account on Portfolio52, although I've been hitting some error messages.
Contests sound fun- I'll be definitely hanging out around here more!
ecNate
Decks Owned: 400

Unread post by ecNate »

Michelle wrote:Sorry for the late reply!
Thank you. :) I created an account on Portfolio52, although I've been hitting some error messages.
Contests sound fun- I'll be definitely hanging out around here more!
Submit the issue as a new thread here for review - viewforum.php?f=60
Or you can also use the form on the site if that is easier, but screenshots and other details can't be immediately added - http://www.portfolio52.com/contact