New to Card Game Design

Where are you from and what are your interests?
The Red Baron Ace
Cardist: Yes

New to Card Game Design

Unread post by The Red Baron Ace »

Hello to all United Cardists.
My name is Aran de Baron. I am a traditional artist and utilise graphics to present my work. My background is in Industrial Design by I major with my passion for art. Recently my friend Christo introduced to me the world of card games. I simply had no idea the level that it has come to today! The weird thing is that I rather study the cards and their unique designs. Once my friend Christo got wind of this, we both put our heads together to come up with our own unique and prestigious design of cards.
I just - off the top of my head - suggested 'Dwarven' cards! I know that the 'Viking' theme had been done again and again. I thought that 'Dwarven' theme would soon be the drive for our project, our first ever project.
I have started a sketch book with various styles of weapons, head gear, hair styles, font, mythology, animals of that period (mystical) and their type of living. A lot of the time I am researching and researching, building up a lot of background work.
Anyway I hope to share our progress and explore more areas with your more experienced opinions. Thank you for your time to read this and I have always been a open book.

Regards
Aran de Baron :)