New to playing card design

Where are you from and what are your interests?
8lack8ear
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes

New to playing card design

Unread post by 8lack8ear »

Hi Everyone

My name is Christo, my friend Aran and I have started work on a deck of Dwarven themed playing cards. He is a struggling artist and I'm a wannabe board game/card game producer. One day we were talking about how tough it is for artists, amongst other things and we ended up talking about one of our joined interests, table top board games, not monopoly, real board games like Acricola and Catan, and how we love them not only for the game but for the art, I mentioned that I have seen a lot of playing card Kick-starters and that his style of art could be quite suited (sorry for the pun) to such a project. He loved the idea and so a few weeks later we have a number of sketches, one almost finished Ace of Harts and lots of ideas. Initially we just wanted to get his art out there to see what people think and give him more exposure, but once we got going we realised we want to make something special, something that people who love games and specially card games would want to get behind, something that would not only be collectible but also real world playable. So we are here for advice and critique, we want to learn from those who have gone before us and those who would potentially support such a project, buy the cards and most of all play with them. We want to pick your brains and figure out just what make a playing card aficionado tick :D we will be posting some preliminary art work soon and can’t wait to hear what you guys think.

Happy new year people!

Christo & Aran