Merik is here!

Where are you from and what are your interests?
MeriK

Merik is here!

Unread post by MeriK »

Hey guys, I'm Merrick and I'm new here, although I've posted here and there a bit. I'm from Hawai'i and I am currently attending college at BYU in Utah. I have just recently gotten into custom card collecting and have since already spent more than $100 on Kickstarter projects (in 3 days) and have a huge list of decks I want to buy after-market. I'm currently working on making a deck right now (check it out in the Custom Deck Drafting Board) and would treasure any advice I can get.

Decks I have pledged for on KS so far:
Grinders ($40)
Red Saturn ($12)
Bicycle Scarabs ($44)
Black Diamond Tally-Ho ($30)

The best part is I've never owned a basic set of Bicycle cards (red or blue) but am going to buy some to practice some flourishes, cardistry, and magic.

Thanks guys!
Merik
RECENT OCTODON SIGHTING: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=8000" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cbkimble
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 363

Re: Merik is here!

Unread post by Cbkimble »

Welcome Merik. Enjoy the ride and watch your bank account disappear. lol.
Feeding the addiction one deck at a time.
volantangel
Decks Owned: 350

Unread post by volantangel »

Cbkimble wrote:Welcome Merik. Enjoy the ride and watch your bank account disappear. lol.
Haha bank account disappear is right! One question, seeing you pledged for the saturns, what is its appeal to you ?
MeriK

Unread post by MeriK »

I usually like pretty detailed decks but I think the back design is pretty aesthetically appealing for how simple it is. Even though the courts are basically recolored, I like the coloration. The only thing I don't like is the window in the tuck, but it's just a very cohesive deck. Won't be my favorite deck, but still one worth buying.

I wish I would have joined the card collecting scene before you guys released all of your GORGEOUS decks. I want to get myself some Grotesk Macabre BLACK MASS cards, some VENEXIANA GOLD cards, and some ICONS (I love you Lotrek) but it's too late to get them for a decent deal, and being in college I've already spent more than I should. I love your work volantangel, and I aspire to be as good an artist as you, despite being new to AI, PS, graphic design, and custom playing cards. I'm currently just working off the AI that is on the computers in the library at my school. Also, it would mean a lot to me if you could critique my deck concept, despite it still being in the drafting stages (and waaaaaayyy to simple right now).
RECENT OCTODON SIGHTING: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=8000" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
volantangel
Decks Owned: 350

Unread post by volantangel »

On that note, i would actually recommend the whispering imp gamesters, but thats just my preference =)

Lotrek has some of the best work out there, if you get a chance you should pick them up, maybe even try dropping lotrek a message, just maybe he can arrange something for you. Oh you flatter me, i dont see myself as an artist, im not creating any art work, i merely present them in a way i find ascetically pleasing =) I cant draw or design for nuts :ugthink: :ugthink:
MeriK

Unread post by MeriK »

I don't know why, but the Whispering Imp Gamesters don't appeal to me at all.