Hi everybody!

Where are you from and what are your interests?
soryunjin
Collector: Yes

Hi everybody!

Unread post by soryunjin »

Been a visitor to these forums for a while, finally got myself to make an account :roll:

I'm from the Greater Boston Area, Massachusetts, USA. I started collecting playing cards just a little over 6 months ago, so I don't own that big of a collection yet. I do like to stick around at the New & Custom Decks forum because I've got a small kickstarter addiction and I like staying on top of any decks I can potentially fund.
I'm a fan of intricate/unique tuckboxes, like the side tuck of Voltige, the unique flap of the Heretic Lux/Noctis, and the attention to detail of the recent Joker and the Thief tuck. I'll be on the lookout. ;)

Great to meet you all!
Noblesse Oblige.
ecNate
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 400

Re: Hi everybody!

Unread post by ecNate »

Welcome! Glad to see another modern deck collector joining the ranks. Was hoping to peek at your collection, but I don't think you've signed up at Portfolio52 yet? See my links below and do it! 8-)

Isn't KickStarter a wonderful thing? ;)
soryunjin

I'll go ahead and get it set up as soon as I can :D

Kickstarter is absolutely wonderful, I love just seeing all of the different ideas come up with. So much creativity in the card world and the world at general, it's pretty amazing!

Although I can definitely feel a hole growing in my wallet... :?
Noblesse Oblige.
nECr0MaNCeD
Cardist: Yes
Player: Yes
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 677

Unread post by nECr0MaNCeD »

Welcome to our abode Soryunjin. Many of us share your KS addiction. Being new you might want to check out the thread I linked below. read the whole 7 pages. KS is great but there are pitfalls for newbies. I know. I fell in a few....

http://unitedcardists.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5963" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
If it's too loud.... you're too old!
soryunjin

Thanks for having me, necro, and thanks for the resource! I'll definitely give those posts a read.

I haven't been on kickstarter that long yet so luckily I haven't run into issues with any of the projects I've backed, but you're right. Kickstarter projects are never guaranteed to be fulfilled, even after funding. It's best to stay cautious, and well informed ;)
Noblesse Oblige.