Hello, new here!

Where are you from and what are your interests?
jeannecarol
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 80

Hello, new here!

Unread post by jeannecarol »

I thank Jenny (strangeseraph) for introducing me to this site. I've been fascinated by playing cards for most of my life, and I've been slowly collecting both standard playing cards and Tarot cards for a few decades now. Until recently my playing card collection has been rather small, but I've found so many sites on the internet lately that my budget is going to start hating me!

My interest has been games and divination, but some of these decks I've been finding are just plain cool. I'll never be a diehard collector, but I will continue to buy decks I like, just because. And I'll use them too.

Someday I hope to have picture-posting ability (my camera theoretically has a wire to connect to the computer, but I can't find it); meanwhile, I've been delightedly looking at others' collections here.

Jeannie
Eoghann

Re: Hello, new here!

Unread post by Eoghann »

Hi and welcome aboard!

We don't get many tarot collectors around these parts. Especially one who has been collecting them for decades!

Hopefully up you find that wire soon coz I'd love to see what tarots you have. It's certainly a niche that's been picking up steam among the community lately.

:)
jeannecarol
Decks Owned: 80

Unread post by jeannecarol »

I've been collecting slowly! I've seen online some collections that make mine look like a drop in the ocean! I only have some 40 Tarot decks, and a handful of oracles (maybe a dozen).

But lately my big interest is in playing cards. I probably have some 30 of those, half of which I got in the past month!
Eoghann

Unread post by Eoghann »

40 is definitely a respectable amount of tarots. I only have 5. :lol:
Well, 6 counting the UUSI Brüt tarot that I pledged for on Kickstarter.

Feel free to browse the Marketplace and post an ISO list, bunch of our members also sell their surplus for pretty good prices. :)
Talisman
Decks Owned: 166

Unread post by Talisman »

jeannecarol wrote:I've been collecting slowly! I've seen online some collections that make mine look like a drop in the ocean! I only have some 40 Tarot decks, and a handful of oracles (maybe a dozen).

But lately my big interest is in playing cards. I probably have some 30 of those, half of which I got in the past month!
Welcome to the forum. Though you will surely become a diehard collector if you've already purchased 15 in this month alone. It only snowballs to a massive collection especially if you browse eBay and pledge these Kickstarter campaigns by these awesome artists that we follow here. Good luck with this hobby. :ugdance:
nECr0MaNCeD
Cardist: Yes
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 677

Unread post by nECr0MaNCeD »

Hello and welcome to our humble abode!

It always starts small. I started a little over a year ago and my collection has grown to a few hundred decks. I hope you enjoy your time here. If I can be of service you need only ask....
If it's too loud.... you're too old!
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin
White Whale: OG USPCC Vanity Fair [mint]
Decks Owned: 7800

Unread post by Mike Ratledge »

Welcome, welcome to the UC forums!
>Mike<
"You can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself"
They say "Ignorance is bliss". Obviously, some people are much happier than others...

Members are encouraged to
Show Us Your Cards!

Our UC2021 Decks entitled
"Odd Fellows"
by Lorenzo Gaggiotti / @Stockholm17
Coming soon: AKA
«Eighth Annual Decks»

UC members help maintain Portfolio52
THE Playing Card Database Online
Contact ecNate for details and access

UC2019 "Seventh Annual Decks"
by Montenzi Design
Funded 207% on KS: HERE

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

Insert disclaimer here...
All information posted as fact is accurate at the time of posting to the best of my knowledge.
dleiber
Cardist: Yes
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 150

Unread post by dleiber »

I agree with what others said once you start browsing eBay and Kickstarter, not to mention the posts here! It's catching!

This thread also reminded me that I have a couple of tarot and Oracle decks that I should add to my collection record (and show off in my collection thread here), too, so I'll post those pics later.

Welcome to the group!