Hello

Where are you from and what are your interests?
anjo

Hello

Unread post by anjo »

Hello everyone!

I have been lurking around this forum for some time now, so figured it was time to drop in and say hi.

Im a card collector from Sweden. I am also a card player with a past as professional poker player.
I quit playing professionally about 5 years ago, but I still enjoy playing poker, and do so on regular basis with my friends.
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: OG USPCC Vanity Fair [mint]
Decks Owned: 7800

Re: Hello

Unread post by Mike Ratledge »

Welcome to UC, enjoy!
>Mike<
"You can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself"
They say "Ignorance is bliss". Obviously, some people are much happier than others...

Members are encouraged to
Show Us Your Cards!

Our UC2021 Decks entitled
"Odd Fellows"
by Lorenzo Gaggiotti / @Stockholm17
Coming soon: AKA
«Eighth Annual Decks»

UC members help maintain Portfolio52
THE Playing Card Database Online
Contact ecNate for details and access

UC2019 "Seventh Annual Decks"
by Montenzi Design
Funded 207% on KS: HERE

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

Insert disclaimer here...
All information posted as fact is accurate at the time of posting to the best of my knowledge.
ecNate
Decks Owned: 400

Unread post by ecNate »

Welcome! Just curious as a previous pro poker player how you feel about playing with non standard decks if little to no money is on the line? I am hoping to revive a casual low buy in poker group with friends, plus friends of friends and think it would be fun to use some spare custom decks. I figure my friends won't care, but if a guest shows up I can just offer them to do a riffle test and inspect and give them option to use another deck. Spoil sports! :lol:

Also, did you typically use bridge sized cards to play in your tournaments like WSOP uses, any preference to poker or bridge size yourself? I always found that weird.
anjo

Unread post by anjo »

ecNate wrote:Welcome! Just curious as a previous pro poker player how you feel about playing with non standard decks if little to no money is on the line? I am hoping to revive a casual low buy in poker group with friends, plus friends of friends and think it would be fun to use some spare custom decks. I figure my friends won't care, but if a guest shows up I can just offer them to do a riffle test and inspect and give them option to use another deck. Spoil sports! :lol:

Also, did you typically use bridge sized cards to play in your tournaments like WSOP uses, any preference to poker or bridge size yourself? I always found that weird.
We use custom cards sometimes, when I play with my friends and I think it is a fun addition to the casual homegame.
The card collector side of me love a beautifully designed custom deck of cards. :)

I have played with both bridge and poker sized cards in various tournaments and cash games in my life. And I happily play with either one, I cant see much difference between them from a poker players point of view.
What is important for me, as a player, is how the cards feel and handles, the quality of the cardstock.
CBJ
Decks Owned: 2000

Unread post by CBJ »

Welcome to UC!

I also play poker fairly regularly. I play in a local league in the city I live in.
http://www.oshawapoker.ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jay
CBJ

Are you a Bicycle collector? Come join the Facebook group: www.BicycleCardCollectors.com