Perhaps I'll Use Pink Here

Where are you from and what are your interests?
laranovales

Perhaps I'll Use Pink Here

Unread post by laranovales »

Hey guys, Its me Lara a.k.a Krystle (or the other way around). Some of you may already know me most probably not. But anyway, Since I used to post in purple over at the Discourse, perhaps I'll use pink here ^-^

Also I am/was a lurker at the old U.C. Never posted much there just read and read and read. ^-^

I'm mostly a collector and a wannabe cardist. I'm not a die hard collector like most of you (i know) because of monetary constraints and also I get paranoid on international Shipping. There has been a lot of times I don't ever get my decks and I feel like I'm just wasting money. But when they do arrive its like HEAVEN.

Anyway if you really must know a little about myself. I'm currently in Beijing, China but I'm from the Philippines. I'm 23... oh wait... I'm 24 years young. I'm a weight loss and fitness blogger. VEGETARIAN! I'm an absolute anime (and everything Japanese) fan girl, and lets see... I guess thats about it.

Minna, Yoroshku Onegaishimasu!

"why go through the world unnoticed?"
Assassino13

Re: Perhaps I'll Use Pink Here

Unread post by Assassino13 »

New anime friends? Count me in. Have you seen Elfen Lied?
My Youtube! "Time never waits. It delivers all equally to the same end. You, who wish to safeguard the future, however limited it may be. Go forth without falter, with your heart as your guide.
laranovales

Ooooh such a disturbing but brilliantly made anime. :P **shivers**

Have you watched HxH (Hunter x Hunter) <-- oldie but goodie
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

Hi Lara!

I never really got started at Aether, but it looks like you're off to a running start here.

And your blog is awesome! I'm currently studying Sports and Exercise Science, and I always enjoy reading about other peoples progression and success in training and fitness :)
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
Mirror

Unread post by Mirror »

well i'm happy to see that i'm not the only one into anime here :D
Assassino13

Oh man HxH is awesome! Do you know the Atlus game Catherine? Or Persona 3?
My Youtube! "Time never waits. It delivers all equally to the same end. You, who wish to safeguard the future, however limited it may be. Go forth without falter, with your heart as your guide.
Mirror

Unread post by Mirror »

Assassino13 wrote:Oh man HxH is awesome! Do you know the Atlus game Catherine? Or Persona 3?
I've not yet seen HxH but i've heard of it ;) Also i know Catherine but i'm not really that much into video games so i never bought it ....

Edit: Ooops ... i just recognized it wasn't actually me you were talking to :roll: ... sorry about that ...
Assassino13

Either way, I like the response!
laranovales

@MagikFingerz - It only seems like a running start because I posted the Cards History meaning and more post thing. So yeah. And I'm really attracted to new an clean forums :P And I'm happy to have a cleaner and new U.C. Its good that Russel and Adam saved it (in a way). I didn't realize that someone from here or aethercards or basically in the card world read my blog ^-^. I'm actually saving up some money to enroll myself to ISSA because I wish to someday become a personal Trainer and maybe go into fitness and nutrition. :) Glad to have someone here who has this in common with me.

@Mirror - I wish I was Japanese! I wish I can read and write and speak Japanese so I can watch anime and read manga in peace without having to reply on subs, scantlations, and what-not.

@Assassino13 - I know Persona 3! I played that in the PSP!! P3P!!! Awesome AWESOME! I <3 Akihiko-san of course! MWAHHAHAHAHHAH!!!!
HxH is my all time favourite adventure anime. I mean Fairy Tail does not come close to HxH's Nostalgia and epicness. Plus I <3 Killua, Illumi, Hisoka and of coruse Kurapika chan! (fan girl mode ACTIVATE)
Assassino13

P3P was okay, but P3FES on PS2 is the way to go. Otherwise you can't see Minato's pimp walk. Plus, the female Protagonist route ending sucked. But it's still Persona 3! All time favourite game!
laranovales

I didn't finish the game. But i was playing the Male story Line because it was easier. And I want to get it on with the LADIES!!! joking. But playing the male story line was far more interesting.

I miss it! I want to play Persona Again! WAH!!! I gues I have to get around in reading the Manga of Persona.
Assassino13

Yeah, the Manga ruled. Agreed that the female protagonist route sucked! Plus Yukari is extremely attractive and fun to date, and I liked having Junpei as a best friend.
laranovales

OMG JunPei was such a RON STOPPABLE character! Kinda like Leorio/Kuwabara/Sokka (Last airbender) hahahah! Super funny!

Ugh I really want to play it now. DAMN!
Assassino13

ERMERGERD, someone just made a Kim Possible reference.
laranovales

There is so nothing wrong with Kim Possible. If i didn't know better, I'd say you have a naked mole rat in your pants pocket.... ( .)_( .)

But I'm glad that there are other people who liked anime and the likes. And can relate to stuff...

I see you are a 90's kid?

Assassino13

Indeed I am.
laranovales

Okay this is awesome. I'm glad! You should friggin add me on facebook!
http://facebook.com/laranovales" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Just message me that you are Assassin from aethercards or UC.com so I can accept you. I receive a ton of invites and its annoying to sift through them and figure out who are the actual people I know and who are just plain stalkers.

^-^

Assassino13

Those stalkers and their adding people on Facebook...
Assassino13

So, it's been a while since I've used Facebook, and I have absolutely no idea how to add people.
laranovales

I'm sorry, but I did not understand what you mean to say in your previous reply :(
Mirror

Unread post by Mirror »

Assassino13 wrote:So, it's been a while since I've used Facebook, and I have absolutely no idea how to add people.
well if you click on the facebook link from a few replies earlier then you should see a button that says something like "add as a friend" (sorry i'm used to have my FB in german so i don'nt know what exactly it says)
laranovales

[coor=pink] Coooool german!! I heard it a hard langauge to learn that is why I'm sticking to Mandarin and Japanese. hahaha![/color]
Mirror

Unread post by Mirror »

well i heard that too, my mum is french and she had a lot of trouble learning german even though she's really good at it now :D
i would love to learn japanese but my school sadly only offers french, english, spanish or italian ... :(
Lambency

Unread post by Lambency »

Cool. Another girl Vegatarian/Japanese enthusiast/Anime/Cardistry member. You're weird! ...we will be friends.
“I don't care if I pass your test, I don't care if I follow your rules. If you can cheat, so can I. I won't let you beat me unfairly - I'll beat you unfairly first.
- Ender ”
RSLancastr
Decks Owned: 2500

Unread post by RSLancastr »

I am an "old school" anime fan. "My Neighbor Totoro" is one of my favorite films of all time, of any type!

My son and I used to watch a lot of anime on TV together.

What was that film noirish Science fiction series about the space ship with the bounty hunter crew - they had a mechanic who was a young girl named Ed. They had a corgi dog. The name of the series was the name of the ship, I think...

Damn, my memory is shot! :x

Anyway, my son and I were totally hooked on that show!
-Marcel Marceau
Russell

Unread post by Russell »

RSLancastr wrote:I am an "old school" anime fan. "My Neighbor Totoro" is one of my favorite films of all time, of any type!

What was that film noirish Science fiction series about the space ship with the bounty hunter crew - they had a mechanic who was a young girl named Ed. They had a corgi dog. The name of the series was the name of the ship, I think...

I can't tell if there was sarcasm there.... Cowboy Bebop

Fun Fact: Each episode title has something to do with music! ie Mushroom Samba, Ballad of Fallen Angels, Black Dog Serenade, etc....
RSLancastr

Russell wrote:
RSLancastr wrote:I am an "old school" anime fan. "My Neighbor Totoro" is one of my favorite films of all time, of any type!

I can't tell if there was sarcasm there.... Cowboy Bebop
No sarcasm, just a shot memory. :oops:

Cowboy Bebop - yes, that's the show, thanks!

And yes, I had noticed that about the episode titles.

My son and I watched every single episode when it was rerun on Cartoon Network (I think it was) about fifteen years ago.

I vaguely recall not caring for the way it all ended, but we loved nearly every episode up until then!
-Marcel Marceau
RSLancastr

laranovales wrote:
Hey guys, Its me Lara a.k.a Krystle (or the other way around). Some of you may already know me most probably not. But anyway, Since I used to post in purple over at the Discourse, perhaps I'll use pink here ^-^
Hi, Lara/Krystal or Krystal/Lara!

Purple has been my favorite color since I was a toddler.

In fact, the Bicycle "The Purple Decfk" was what got me hooked on collecting Bikes about two years ago!

But if pink works for you, by all means, pink away! :D
-Marcel Marceau