Design, typo, icon lover

Where are you from and what are your interests?
Montag

Design, typo, icon lover

Unread post by Montag »

Hi everyone, I'm not so new to UC. I started buying playing cards like 1,5 year ago. I wasn't so enthuastic at the beginning. My first deck wasn't even on KS. It was the wonderfully designed Helveticards which I couldn't receive until my second purchase attempt like a year later because of Turkey's horrible Post Office. (We have just one goverment owned post office here in Turkey other than the private cargo, posting companies which are far too expensive for receiving things like playing cards.) After receiving the Helveticards the playing card fever caught me, too.

I'm not just into playing cards. My main interest is in the beauty of design, graphics, typography of icon sized paper products. (Because I read too much and have an addiction for everything involving books like typography, languages, book covers, magazines and of course cards) For example I'm following other card projects on KS (and sometimes the other KS like sites) like Anatomy Flash Cards, Prime Wars' Playing Cards Deck and Wrylon Botanical Robots Art Cards. In fact my first KS backing was for CPU Wars. I started buying playing cards after putting my hands on Helveticards. I followed many card companies and forums like the old UC but didn't follow them and buy decks so persistently until I found out about the Deck of Extraordinary Voyages in September (I wanted to pledge for their former deck "The Deck of the Living Dead" but back then I had second thoughts and later missed the opportunity). So since then I'm backing KS projects, buying decks from card companies, card shops, ebay or even asking to creators of already funded KS projects to order their decks :)

I know that this has been too long for an introduction. Sorry for that. I'm planning to be active on UC and to get to know all of you. LLAP ;)
RSLancastr
Collector: Yes
Decks Owned: 2500

Re: Design, typo, icon lover

Unread post by RSLancastr »

Sinc you love typos, I thougt I wold post som for you. :)

Serously though, welcome to the forums.

I have yet to dig into Kickstarter, but your post really makes me want to!

I can see how the Helveticards deck (and ones like it) would appeal to a lover of typography, but it just didn't "grab" me, as I am most interested in decks with custom corts. :D
-Marcel Marceau