Hello Everyone!

Where are you from and what are your interests?
MJF

Hello Everyone!

Unread post by MJF »

This all started sometime last week when I was surfing around the web and scanning across the KickStarter website for some cool projects to pledge. Low and behold I got onto one of the art/design section and happened to somehow stumble on the Pedale Design Playing Cards project and was amazed at what Tyler was able to accomplish! From there I did some more browsing and started searching KickStarter for "Playing Cards" and WHOA! I hit the mother-load. I starting looking at some of the others out there currently (Vanda, Bohemia, Asylum, etc...) seeking funding and was blown away by the creativity. In one of the comments someone mentioned Theory XI and Ellusionist and that lead to a Google search which, in turn, lead me to this site! :)

As a few others have indicated in their introductions, I am in no way a cardist. I have the utmost respective for folks who can elegantly manipulate a deck of cards with their hands and make it look so easy. You give me a deck, I guarantee most of them will be on the floor by the time I'm done. :D

I'm more of a collector, as in just starting now. I've currently got pledges on 9 different card projects on KickStarter and have already started seeking out limited edition cards online and through Ebay... Uusi Blue Bloods is in the mail and on its way!

I think the most challenging thing will be planning and spreading out the collecting efforts as this is by no means a cheap hobby to have just picked up. HA HA HA... actually the most challenging thing will be not opening every pack I get and leaving some of them in their original cellophane... *sigh* :roll:

Anyways, glad to make all your acquaintances and look forward to discussions on the board!
RSLancastr
Collector: Yes
Decks Owned: 2500

Re: Hello Everyone!

Unread post by RSLancastr »

Hello MJF, and welcome to UC!

I have the Blue Bloods deck and like it - particularly the Joker.

I wish I knew more about the deck's "theme", though. I wonder if the four noble families depicted on the courts of the four suits are actual, historical families, or fictional ones.

Either way, how do they relate to each other? Are they all from the same country/region/era, or are characters in the same novel, or what?

I really wish that USPCC would include a Title Card (or somethingsimilar) with their custom decks, to give the cards some sort of context...

Welcome again,

-RSL
-Marcel Marceau
MJF

Unread post by MJF »

This is about as much information as one will find on this, directly from uusi's site> http://uusi.us/pages/introuducing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They all appear to be fictional, and each suit is a separate family...
RSLancastr
Collector: Yes
Decks Owned: 2500

Unread post by RSLancastr »

Thanks for posting that link, MJ.

I knew that each suit was a different family (I think that their names and family crests are on the Aces, but I lack the motivation to dig out the deck and check.

Hell, I got four new (to me anyway) Bike decks from BMPokerworld in the mail yesterday (Anne Stokes v1 & v2, Alchemy v1 & v2) and have yet to break the seals on any of them. THAT'S how unmotivated I am right now.
-Marcel Marceau