Hello

Where are you from and what are your interests?
RandyButterfield
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Hello

Unread post by RandyButterfield »

Hey Everyone,

It looks like there's a lot of new faces to go along with the new UC! So, I thought I should take the time to introduce myself. I'm Randy Butterfield and I live in Indianapolis with my wife, Susan, our 5 year old daughter and 3 year old son. I've been a designer since graduating from Central Michigan Univ. in '95 with a BFA. My day job is spent designing Displays, Gift Packs other items for the Spirits industry (http://www.motivemktg.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;).

At night I work on Card designs (http://www.midnightcardcompany.com/enter.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;). I designed some ORNATE Decks that came out in August. Lately I've been working on a new deck for a client (re-colored face cards) and will start on a couple more custom decks for myself in a month or two.

I don't post a whole lot on the forums, but I'm always perusing and reading up on what's going on. Kickstarter is getting insane with all of the new decks!!

thanks, Randy
Adam

Re: Hello

Unread post by Adam »

Welcome fellow Hoosier! Love the ornate decks, looking forward to seeing what you have next. As for kickstarter..... ehhh.
RandyButterfield
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Re: Hello

Unread post by RandyButterfield »

Hey Adam,

I'm sure you probably saw it posted or heard from Russell - the Revision 1 Deck is what inspired me to design a Deck when I was introduced to Kickstarter last August. It opened my eyes to a whole new world of Custom Playing Cards that I didn't know existed. The Revision 1 Deck is sweet!!

thanks, Randy

EDIT - You, me and Russell should go out for drinks sometime in this great city! If you guys ever want to head out to the Geist area I'm hosting this our neighborhood Poker Night next Friday, the 12th. It's a good time!