Introduction from a Lurker

Where are you from and what are your interests?
Wizard_of_Os
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 100

Introduction from a Lurker

Unread post by Wizard_of_Os »

Hi all,
I have been lurking on the forum for a couple months now without having taken the time to register. I decided it was finally time for me to become a little more ingrained in the UC community! I live in rural Alabama, USA, with my wife, four kids, dog, and cat. We live within earshot of extended family on a small farm (hey, I said it was rural!). I am a full-time Firefighter/EMT; my profession definitely lends itself to having some down-time around the firehouse to practice my magic and cardistry. In regards to my username, I frequently go by either "Wizard" or "Os" for short.

I first picked up magic, with an emphasis on card magic, over 10 years ago. As life has progressed, I have gone through stages of more dedication and phases of putting it down all together. Recently, I picked up a more in-depth study of street performance and cardistry again. This is a love that I would love to pass along to my children down the road.

I have also coupled my love of cards this time around with increasing my collection of decks. My card collection has a heavy emphasis on Bicycle-branded decks. However, I am definitely beginning to branch out, learn more, and explore adding decks from other printers (other than USPCC) and designers to my collection. I have recently backed several Kickstarter projects that are up my alley, and I'm always keeping eyes and ears out for more information and education pertaining to any aspect of magic, cardistry, and collecting.

Feel free to drop me a message anytime. I would love to hear from some of the experienced cardists and collectors regarding pointers, tips, tricks, or wisdom to bestow on a new recruit. Thank you all, and I hope to see you around!

-Wizard_of_Os
rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Introduction from a Lurker

Unread post by rousselle »

Welcome aboard!
This space intentionally left blank.
Wizard_of_Os
Decks Owned: 100

Re: Introduction from a Lurker (wap)

Unread post by Wizard_of_Os »

Thanks! Looking forward to it.
Bradius
White Whale: I do not hunt whales
Decks Owned: 4129

Re: Introduction from a Lurker

Unread post by Bradius »

Welcome! We will enjoy your perspective as a practicing magician on how decks handle. Especially as you try decks that are produced by companies other than USPCC.
The Crazy Squirrel Deck Hunter - Hunt decks to extinction