Introductions

Where are you from and what are your interests?
Bradius
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: I do not hunt whales
Decks Owned: 4129

Introductions

Unread post by Bradius »

Well, I have been such a quiet lurker since visiting here awhile ago, I guess introductions are in order.

I will start with how I got hooked on collectible playing cards. I guess I got started in a good way. I was starting to back stuff (mainly tech stuff) on Kickstarter when I found Lorenzo's Gemini campaign. I was first interested simply because I am a Gemini and frankly the art blew me away. So, that was the first collectible playing card campaign I backed, followed by many others I liked. I was rather happy when my Gemini decks finally did arrive. By that point, I already had a fairly nice card collection going. I am also a big fan of Lotrek's, which should be no surprise to anyone who has read my comments on this site. I think it was my persuit of all things Lotrek that happily led me here finally. I am enjoying this site and all of the interesting discussions with others even more dedicated to this branch of collecting.

What I am finding interesting is that there can be stuff that is really geared for the seriously dedicated collector, like the platinum pearl NPCCD deck, which was a very selective release and is the tip of a very awesome and limited release. And there are also awesome designed and still limited decks like Gemini and Heretic, that are fairly easy to obtain on the secondary market at affordable rates. Then there are just some great designed and manufactured decks you can get for $5-$10. There are great playing cards that can be had for any type of card collector.
The Crazy Squirrel Deck Hunter - Hunt decks to extinction
Lotrek
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Re: Introductions

Unread post by Lotrek »

You're most welcome, Bradius!
"Bite more than you can chew and then chew it"

----------------------------------------------------------
fb: https://www.facebook.com/oathplayingcards/
twitter:@OathPCC
Bradius

Unread post by Bradius »

I just realized that I was at 999 posts in UnitedCardists. So, for my 1,000th post, I thought I would just add a bit of a comment here where I first introduced myself.

Wow. One thousand posts in under a year. I guess when I get involved in something, I don't do it halfway. The folks here are great and I have learned so much from so many over the past year. I have been fortunate to pick up some really great decks over the past year and have still more on the way. Even now, there are several great Kickstarter campaigns going on, like Alex Chin's final Apothecary decks, Lorenzo's Ravn III and Sunish's Kavelava campaign - just to name a few. Shortly, Jackson Robinson will be starting a deck-of-the-month club of sorts. Vanda cards and Srdjan Vidakovic will be starting the final campaign of a whirlwind of no less than 8 campaigns from Mercury to Neptune/Pluto in less than a year. I thought he was crazy when he first announced the campaign and was not sure at all I wanted to be involved in such a lengthy campaign :lol:. TheGentlemanWake has joined us as well, and is now putting out deck reviews of amazing quality and depth.

I really came here to get better information on decks Lotrek was releasing. I got that and so much more. This group is an amazing wealth of information on playing cards. Anyway, thanks for the past year. I look forward to many more.
PipChick
White Whale: StrangeLove + Italian Cats
Decks Owned: 200

Unread post by PipChick »

Bradius wrote:I really came here to get better information on decks Lotrek was releasing. I got that and so much more. This group is an amazing wealth of information on playing cards. Anyway, thanks for the past year. I look forward to many more.
^THIS. ALL OF THIS. RIGHT HERE. just melts my cold, dead heart and gives me the warm fuzzies :lol:

Seriously though, you've been a-maz-ing; not only have you've personally helped me out in getting some decks I've missed out (fo' real MVP here folks) and help build my own collection, but more so, you've been like super-duper supportive of pretty much everyone here, myself included.

Also, congrats on the 1,000+ posts! can't wait til the many, many more I'm sure will come :)

So, here's my toast to you for just being awesome ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Bradius

Unread post by Bradius »

Photo of office display moved to "Show us your cards" thread
theCapraAegagrus

Unread post by theCapraAegagrus »

There's a thread in the General area for sharing your collection.

Not sure anyone will be looking here for photos.
rousselle wrote:You are a fussy, picky guy.
Lotrek wrote:Given the number of morons produced in the world every day, a pessimist is actually a well informed realist.
Räpylätassu wrote:"Tyhmyydestä sakotetaan." You get fined for being stupid.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
Bradius

Unread post by Bradius »

Thanks for the reminder. I thought I posted it somewhere. I finally found it in "Show us your cards". Duh, that does sound like the place to post it. :ugthink:
Bradius

Unread post by Bradius »

Well, kevork, I did do an introduction thread...a very long time ago. So, here is my intro page. I have to laugh about some of my statements, like "And there are also awesome designed and still limited decks like Gemini and Heretic, that are fairly easy to obtain on the secondary market at affordable rates." Yeah, that isn't true anymore.
kevork
White Whale: NPCCD 17 Amethyst + 18 Green
Decks Owned: 1000

Unread post by kevork »

That's so cool to read. Bradius: The Origin Story

I recently hit 1k posts and you sparked an idea in my head to go down memory lane regarding what the past year of being on UC has been like.
Image@playingcardophile
Invisible ink. Who woulda thunk it?
[BUY] Complete Lotrek Collection
[BUY] NPCCD Decks
GandalfPC
Cardist: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Golden Oath
Decks Owned: 1600