Hello from Toulouse, France!

Where are you from and what are your interests?
Azazaaz
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: CERN
Decks Owned: 900

Hello from Toulouse, France!

Unread post by Azazaaz »

Hi everyone!

I'm Alex, 32, currently living in Toulouse, France. Pardon my French (and my bad English). ;)

I've been a long time reader of the forum but never posted. The atmosphere here suits me well. As I'm feeling like this is more of a "room filled with regulars" type of place than an overcrowded area, I think it's time to speak up and share opinions with other cards aficionados.

I started messing around with cards about 10 years ago during the weekly casual poker night. I'm interested in all of the different aspects of the playing card sphere. I'm bad in every field though:
* Cardistry: I should practice more, following the wise advice of a well know designer. But I swear I can fan a deck!
* Collecting: I know I'm going to hurt some feelings there. I usually open my decks and only get one of each. I like to fan them and stare in awe at some of the designs and artworks. And I'm not afraid to use a custom deck for practicing sleights or for poker night. Yes, I treasure my playing cards but not as much as some of you here seem to do. Please, don't hurt me!
* Gambling: Luckily, I'm not the sore loser type of person.
* Magic: They call me Flash. No, not the superhero. You don't want me to show you a card trick. I started out after seeing a performance of Lennart Green. I'm more into the gambling type of stuff and I love practicing color changes.

I started practicing much more about a year and a half ago. Playing around with cards help me stretch my fingers and relieve the pain I get from too many hours of music practice. I can carry a deck and some coins wherever I go. The upright bass, not so much.

Favorite deck: T11 Monarchs. Currently messing around with Bicycle Elite Edition playing cards.
My portfolio52 profile: https://www.portfolio52.com/profile/1059/collection

If you read thus far, thank you. I hope that this will do as a proper introduction and that it will tell you enough about me. See you around!
Alex
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: OG USPCC Vanity Fair [mint]
Decks Owned: 7800

Re: Hello from Toulouse, France!

Unread post by Mike Ratledge »

Welcome to UC, Alex!
>Mike<
"You can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself"
They say "Ignorance is bliss". Obviously, some people are much happier than others...

Members are encouraged to
Show Us Your Cards!

Our UC2021 Decks entitled
"Odd Fellows"
by Lorenzo Gaggiotti / @Stockholm17
Coming soon: AKA
«Eighth Annual Decks»

UC members help maintain Portfolio52
THE Playing Card Database Online
Contact ecNate for details and access

UC2019 "Seventh Annual Decks"
by Montenzi Design
Funded 207% on KS: HERE

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

Insert disclaimer here...
All information posted as fact is accurate at the time of posting to the best of my knowledge.