Hello From Miami, FL

Where are you from and what are your interests?
turb0rabbit

Hello From Miami, FL

Unread post by turb0rabbit »

Hello everyone!

My name is Danny from Miami, FL 31 years old. Always been into playing cards, and magic, but never really got into it. A short story of how I ended here. Went to Santa Rosa in Apr2017 for work, walked into this small town ice cream store/ magic shop. Can't remember the name at the moment, but they do live magic shows Thursdays & Friday. Unfortunately, my business partner and I were unable to attend any of the show on those days. Ended up going on a Saturday, told one of the guys from the magic shop how bummed out I was for not being able to make it to either of the shows. End up getting a 30-minute private magic show. Now, like I said, I'm from Miami, a city not known for magicians, the last magic show I saw was when I was like 7 years old, birthday party. So needless to say, that show changed my life. I ended up buying a Svengali deck, and that started my newly founded obsession. 1 month later, 17 new decks, 2 magic decks, learned a few magic tricks, I am now self-proclaimed supermarket magician :lol: :lol: :lol: which embarrasses my girlfriend, but I love the look on children's faces when I do a trick, especially with the svengali deck.

I'm really looking forward to becoming an active member of this community. Please follow my personal (turb0rabbit) and cardistry (ume.playingcards.company) IG. I just created the cardistry page, only have a few post. Still learning tricks, and ordering new decks. I def see me creating a deck in the future. Stay tuned!!

If anyone is from South Florida would love to hear from you!

thanks!
dazzleguts
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: Das Kartenspiel Des Oberdeutsc
Decks Owned: 885

Re: Hello From Miami, FL

Unread post by dazzleguts »

Welcome Danny.
I don't participate in social media, outside of a couple of specific forums, so can't follow you, but I totally get the fascination. I sold some decks to a local magician and he did some tricks for me. It's very cool when you see it close up like that and it still seems magic.
Worldwide Time Machine

"Cards from far off lands and bygone days!"