So.. is General for cards or not?

Have questions or comments about the site?
Marcus
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

So.. is General for cards or not?

Unread post by Marcus »

Hey guys,

I don't know if I'm alone here, but it feels quite hard to know where to place a thread about cards but not about a certain project or release. At times I've seen those being directed to the General section (which I thought was meant for things that aren't card related?), and at other times end up in the New and Custom Cards section.

Is the General section for card threads or not? And if it is, wouldn't it make more sense to move it up to the Playing Cards part of the forum?
Yes, I might be the guy you remember from that thing at that place way back when.
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Re: So.. is General for cards or not?

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

It's for both general card related topics (ie not new custom decks or any of the other sections) as well as non-card related topics, which makes it hard to place. Maybe separating it into two (card and non-card) would make things easier? We can discuss it and see. We generally try to not have too many sections, but also feel the need to limit the amount of threads in the almighty New & Custom section, which is where many post by default - regardless of the topic - simply because it will get the most views.
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
Marcus
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Re: So.. is General for cards or not?

Unread post by Marcus »

I think splitting them up, or placing all card related threads in the New and Custom (but perhaps change the name then) would work well and make it a bit easier. Right now the General section feels a bit lost and forgotten at the bottom and I think the relative lack of posts in there could be because of this. Either way, thanks for the quick response!
Yes, I might be the guy you remember from that thing at that place way back when.