Welcome "PrincessTrouble" to the moderator crew!

Have questions or comments about the site?
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: OG USPCC Vanity Fair [mint]
Decks Owned: 7800

Welcome "PrincessTrouble" to the moderator crew!

Unread post by Mike Ratledge »

Hi, everybody! I'm going to replace a couple of AWOL or MIA mods with more active people that have an on-going interest in both UC and our hobby, and the very first person that came to mind is our own Andrea, AKA "PT" or "PrincessTrouble" here on UC. She volunteered for war duty when we tried The Deck Refinery.com - which as of today is officially defunct, and she's now going to be one of the 'staff' here, a "Team Member" if you check the link down near the bottom of the page.

PT has done extra war duty, even trying to best me on "Word with Friends", which - as she'll tell you - is a tough job! Being from a military family (dad was a Naval "attache" during the cold war), which is how I came about my Danish background, since my mom is from a little farm near Haderslev in south central Jutland (the part of Danmark that attaches to Germany / mainland, as opposed to Sjealand ("Zealand") - the islands between Jutland and Sweden where their version of the Chesapeake Bridge-Tunnel goes from Kastrup (the København airport) to Malmö Sweden. I also have spent a lot of time teaching, both computer science in the early days and network security for the past 20 years after 'graduating' from just plain old 'computers', and have a lot of friends overseas, especially European artists that have been featured here on UC.

Enough about me! Please join me in welcoming PT to the team! She's always been more than happy to share her opinion - and she knows what she's talking about, as witness her recent addition to the staff of 52+Joker's "Clear the Deck" staff, writing a quarterly review of "what's on deck" mostly on Kickstarter, but also the new stuff coming from our friends at Dan and Dave / Art of Play, the 'big' "E" and Theory11, amongst others, of course. We've had a few new entries into the deck making business recently, certainly not the least of which is Paul Middleton with his "Luxx" series of decks for his webstore over in Britain, where we all go to get great new stuff from Randy Butterfield, Rick Davidson and I'm certain others "coming soon"...
>Mike<
"You can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself"
They say "Ignorance is bliss". Obviously, some people are much happier than others...

Members are encouraged to
Show Us Your Cards!

Our UC2021 Decks entitled
"Odd Fellows"
by Lorenzo Gaggiotti / @Stockholm17
Coming soon: AKA
«Eighth Annual Decks»

UC members help maintain Portfolio52
THE Playing Card Database Online
Contact ecNate for details and access

UC2019 "Seventh Annual Decks"
by Montenzi Design
Funded 207% on KS: HERE

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

Insert disclaimer here...
All information posted as fact is accurate at the time of posting to the best of my knowledge.
montecarlojoe
White Whale: Avant Guard UL Gr - No17 Crown
Decks Owned: 690

Re: Welcome "PrincessTrouble" to the moderator crew!

Unread post by montecarlojoe »

Welcome aboard Andrea!

(Feel free to hit me up on WWF Mike - though no cheating and starting Danish games!)
PrincessTrouble

Unread post by PrincessTrouble »

montecarlojoe wrote:Welcome aboard Andrea!

(Feel free to hit me up on WWF Mike - though no cheating and starting Danish games!)
Thanks, Joe. And good luck on playing WWF with Mike. I'm happy if I hold him under 500 points. LOL
Talisman
Decks Owned: 166

Unread post by Talisman »

Great news!!! PT congratulations.
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin
White Whale: OG USPCC Vanity Fair [mint]
Decks Owned: 7800

Unread post by Mike Ratledge »

PrincessTrouble wrote: Thanks, Joe. And good luck on playing WWF with Mike. I'm happy if I hold him under 500 points. LOL
It's been a while since I did 700, so you've actually dine very well. I do get beaten, sometimes you just get pooh for tiles, nothing you can do if you have 7 vowels (or consonants)...
>Mike<
"You can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself"
They say "Ignorance is bliss". Obviously, some people are much happier than others...

Members are encouraged to
Show Us Your Cards!

Our UC2021 Decks entitled
"Odd Fellows"
by Lorenzo Gaggiotti / @Stockholm17
Coming soon: AKA
«Eighth Annual Decks»

UC members help maintain Portfolio52
THE Playing Card Database Online
Contact ecNate for details and access

UC2019 "Seventh Annual Decks"
by Montenzi Design
Funded 207% on KS: HERE

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

Insert disclaimer here...
All information posted as fact is accurate at the time of posting to the best of my knowledge.