52+Joker 2015 convention in Orlando (October)

Have questions or comments about the site?
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: OG USPCC Vanity Fair [mint]
Decks Owned: 7800

52+Joker 2015 convention in Orlando (October)

Unread post by Mike Ratledge »

As I get more details, I will keep everyone up to date, but the convention will be in the Orlando area in mid-October.
>Mike<
"You can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself"
They say "Ignorance is bliss". Obviously, some people are much happier than others...

Members are encouraged to
Show Us Your Cards!

Our UC2021 Decks entitled
"Odd Fellows"
by Lorenzo Gaggiotti / @Stockholm17
Coming soon: AKA
«Eighth Annual Decks»

UC members help maintain Portfolio52
THE Playing Card Database Online
Contact ecNate for details and access

UC2019 "Seventh Annual Decks"
by Montenzi Design
Funded 207% on KS: HERE

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

Insert disclaimer here...
All information posted as fact is accurate at the time of posting to the best of my knowledge.
Cbkimble
Decks Owned: 363

Re: 52+Joker 2015 convention in Orlando (October) (wap)

Unread post by Cbkimble »

Since it's only a few months away, here are the details I have right now.
It's official - Orlando Seaworld October 7 - 10, 2015! Here's a link to the hotel website. http://www.doubletreeorlandoseaworld.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; We have a great deal at $99 per night including three nights each side of the actual convention dates. Details will become available as time goes on.
Still waiting for the online discount code.

I had a great time last year and am looking forward to another great convention this year.
Cbkimble

If you're interested in attending his year's 52+joker convention, here's what was sent out today.
WHAT: 52 Plus Joker's Annual Playing Card Collector's Convention
WHEN: (Wed) October 7th - (Sat) October 10th, 2015
WHERE: Orlando, Florida (DoubleTree Hilton Seaworld)
COST: $100 registration (includes your dealer's table)

Meet legendary collectors & designers, hobnob with premier card manufactures, and talk playing cards with other enthusiasts all night long while staying at the luxurious Doubletree Hilton at Orlando Seaworld. The dates for our convention are Wednesday October 7th to Saturday October 10th.

Our 2015 Convention plans are taking shape and the latest Clear The Decks included a tentative convention schedule. You can view the preliminary schedule that has been drafted for finalization by the officers. You will see that in addition to the opening reception Wednesday evening and the banquet on Saturday night, that there'll be time for trading, auctions, lectures, games and socializing, plus some "time off" for sightseeing and enjoying all this unique area of Florida has to offer.

We have some great presenters for the formal sessions including:

Lenny Schneir (Member #1)
Rhonda Hawes (Art deco deck discussion)
Mark Stutzman (Modern artist extrodinare)
In addition, both Expert Playing Card Company and United States Playing Card Company will be in attendance this year. They'll each have amazing new goodies for all to enjoy as well as fresh thoughts about the continued innovation of playing card production and manufacturing.

We're also expecting to have Kostya Kimlat (world-famous card magician) to entertain us on the opening night.

We have a terrific rate for our hotel - $99 per night for double occupancy! The rate is vaild for all nights booked during the convention plus three nights on either side of those dates subject to availability. We also receive a 20% discount on ALL lunches & dinners eaten in the hotel and parking on the grounds for $8 per day. The amenities include three swimming pools, a spa, fitness center, several dining options, etc.

NOTE: Hotel Reservations - Ask for the 52 Plus Joker Group Rate - can be made at 1-888-370-0998 or 1-407-352-1100. If you reserve through the internet the group rate code is PCJ.

To help us ensure that we have enough rooms blocked for attendees, if you are not registering soon, please advise Steve Bowling as soon as possible if you think that you are likely to attend. This is not a commitment, just a strong indication to help us with the hotel discussions.

Please download the 52 Plus Joker 2015 convention registration form, fill it out, then send it back to us to reserve your spot. See you in Orlando!
I'm also going to have an open bed if anyone is interested in splitting the costs of a room.
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin
White Whale: OG USPCC Vanity Fair [mint]
Decks Owned: 7800

Re: 52+Joker 2015 convention in Orlando (October)

Unread post by Mike Ratledge »

From Lee Asher -

With the 30th anniversary of our annual convention upon us, the  buzz is starting to rise to a boil. Various private emails and  threads on this discussion forum are asking questions about who's  attending, speaking, and launching new decks at this year's  convention. So instead of fanning the rumor fire, let me tell  you who you will see at this year's 52 Plus Joker Convention.

It's a long laundry list of 'who's who' in attendance, so here are  a few highlights:

Lenny Schneir - For those who don't recognize this name, he  officially member #1 of the 52 Plus Joker. That's right! He started  all this 30 years ago, and now he's back to see the progress we've  made in his absence.

Kostya Kimlat - Known in the magic world as one of the best  with a deck of cards, he's going to perform his brand of sleight of  hand during one of our events, but he's also going to attend the  convention as he's become a new member of our club.

Rhonda Hawes - She's going to share her vast knowledge about  Art Nouveau with Art Deco playing cards during one of the speaking  sessions. She's going to show some imagery that will blow your mind.  Wait until you see what she has in store.

Mark Stutzman - You might recognize him as the famed artist  known for his work with David Blaine, Conjuring Arts, Legends Playing  Cards, and most recently the Whispering Imps. Ladies and gentlemen,  boys and girls, please stand and up make some noise for this guy. He  plans to speak at this year's convention, so arrange your travel plans  now.

In addition, both Expert Playing Card Company and United  States Playing Card Company will be in attendance this year. I'm  sure they'll each have amazing new goodies for all to enjoy as well as  fresh thoughts about the continued innovation of playing card  production and manufacturing.

Registration for the convention is only $100 for three days of playing  card awesomeness, and that also includes a table to sell, trade, and  promote your decks in the dealer's room.  Where else can you meet  legendary collectors & designers, hobnob with premier card  manufactures, and talk playing cards with other enthusiasts all night  long? Only at a 52 Plus Joker Playing Card convention!

Want to join us this year? The convention will be held in the Doubletree Hilton at Orlando Seaworld on October 7th, through October 10th, 2015. For more information, please visit the convention page on the 52 Plus Joker  website.

We look forward to seeing you in Orlando. -
>Mike<
"You can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself"
They say "Ignorance is bliss". Obviously, some people are much happier than others...

Members are encouraged to
Show Us Your Cards!

Our UC2021 Decks entitled
"Odd Fellows"
by Lorenzo Gaggiotti / @Stockholm17
Coming soon: AKA
«Eighth Annual Decks»

UC members help maintain Portfolio52
THE Playing Card Database Online
Contact ecNate for details and access

UC2019 "Seventh Annual Decks"
by Montenzi Design
Funded 207% on KS: HERE

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

Insert disclaimer here...
All information posted as fact is accurate at the time of posting to the best of my knowledge.
volantangel
Decks Owned: 350

Re: 52+Joker 2015 convention in Orlando (October)

Unread post by volantangel »

Haha a pity the airfare is out of my budget, plus post grad studies are starting soon. Maybe when theres a chance in the future =)
Cbkimble

Just wondering who all is planning on attending and who might attend the convention from this forum. I'll be there
Feeding the addiction one deck at a time.
Cbkimble

If anyone planning to attend is having trouble booking a hotel room, message me and I'll send you a direct link to book your room.
Cbkimble

Don't forget that if you're planning, or thinking about planning, to attend this year's 52+joker convention, you should book your room soon or contact Steve Bowling to ensure you get a room at the group rate. Only about a month and a half till the convention.
Cbkimble

Here's the latest news on the 52+joker convention in Orlando, FL.
I want to keep you up-to-date on some matters relevant to the Orlando Convention, which is now only five weeks away!

Most importantly, if you are planning to come and have not yet booked your hotel room, you only have two weeks left [until September 15th] to be assured of the special Club rate of $99. After that date the $99 rate will be subject to supply.

Further information about the hotel may be found here and in the September CTD.

Secondly, we would appreciate you registering after you read this. Most members will have received the CTD for September which has the registration form. If you need one download it here, hit reply, or contact Steve Bowling. It helps us with a number of planning steps to know the approximate number of attendees.

Thirdly, we have basically finalized the convention schedule and will soon post it to our website for download and also put a topic in the Playing Card Forum under Club chat.

Fourthly, in Card Culture, our website and the Playing Card Forum, you will soon see reference to our 2015 special Club deck. There will be some minor revelations amid the buzz, but the true nature of this spectacular deck will only be revealed during the unveiling, with due ceremony, on Thursday evening at the reception sponsored by Expert Playing Card Co. You won't want to miss this!

Speaking of Club decks, especially for all you newer members, we will have a limited number of the 2014 edition, designed by Jackson Robinson, available for purchase at the Convention. See me or Steve Bowling if you want some.

Live auction – as noted in CTD, we will experiment this year with allowing bids from non-attendees in Orlando. Only those who contact me to express their interest will be sent the list of lots in advance of the Saturday morning auction. So if you want to participate let me know as soon as possible. I will include the process we will use in a response to your request.

Lastly, I wanted to share with you that the magician we've booked for this year’s opening party, Kostya Kimlat, was just on national television. If he can fool Penn & Teller, you bet he's going to fool everyone coming to the convention.

I have a feeling it's going to be an amazing time.
Cbkimble

Don't forget that you have only 5 days left to book your room to be guaranteed the group rate.

I have already booked a double occupancy room from the Oct 7-10, but can change it to the 11th if anyone is interested in splitting the room. If interested, PM for pricing.
Cbkimble

Anyone here that will be attending the 52+joker convention in orlando, I look forward to seeing you tomorrow.