OPEN FOR ONE MONTH!

Have questions or comments about the site?
admin_noreply
Site Admin
Site Admin

OPEN FOR ONE MONTH!

Unread post by admin_noreply »

Hello everyone!

It has been one month since the switch from .net to the new .com. Here are a few fun facts about what has been going on in the past month here.

1. Active users from 45 countries so far and growing weekly!
2. Active users average 10 minutes per visit, 4 times per day!
3. New visitors average 7 minutes per visit, this is great! Having articles and informative posts really will help the community grow by reaching out to our visitors. Keep the new info on decks, magic and cardistry going!
4. Almost 3,000 posts in 30 days, that's 100 per day!
5. Over 350 topics started, over 10 per day!
6. Over 90% of our returning visitors come back within 24 hours. People like our site! The more great posts and posting the latest news will keep everyone engaged and coming back.

In addition to those stats we also have some great knowledgable designers on the board as well. We have a dozen members who have designed a deck of cards right here on our forums to help educate the new guys and squash incorrect information floating around. We encourage anyone who has questions to speak up and ask one of them.

One area we'd like to see grow back to its full potential are the Magic and Cardistry sub-forums. If you remember a great article from .net or from Decknique that is still relevant today, bring it over! Do you have questions or want to get started in flourishing? Ask on the boards, there are plenty of members who would love to help out.

What would YOU like to see here? Shout out your ideas below for how we can make this a better and more active community! Again, it's been a great first month and we can't wait to see how the rest of the year goes! Thanks everyone!

- ADMIN
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Re: OPEN FOR ONE MONTH!

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
Russell

Unread post by Russell »

HAHA!

Our great fearless leader poked his (her?) head out to bless us with his (her?) presence!
Collector

Unread post by Collector »

ADMIN wrote:...Here are a few fun facts about what has been going on in the past month here...
MagikFingerz wrote:Image
+1
alric

Unread post by alric »

I'd like to see the video section promoted more. I don't think there is a single flourishing video posting in the video section. Not a single spotlight video imported over from .net and not a single new video posted by anyone here since .com started up. All we have are some tutorials and review videos....
max
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by max »

should we have to guess???????

I love surprises!!!! :mrgreen:
badpete69
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by badpete69 »

I used to run forums like these and had 1 admin account and my regular account that I would use. Most likely Admin is either Russell or Adam which I think created these forums right?
Russell

Unread post by Russell »

Yes, Adam and I are the Admins. We don't want anyone to think this site is tied to our other business. Yes, we own both, but we are keeping this website separate as much as possible. Anyone can post here, whether they are a designer or a large company as long as they keep it magic, cardistry, or custom designed card related.

Adam and I will be posting as 'ADMIN' whenever we have site announcements or need to speak 'officially'. We will use that profile as not to confuse UC.net announcements with our other business.
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

Oh come on, Russell. The jig is up.
Russell wrote:Our great fearless leader poked his (her?) head out to bless us with his (her?) presence!
Taking this comment into account it is obviously your and/or Adam's mother who is the fearless leader of this forum :mrgreen:
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

I wish our post counts could have been carried over... oh well, first world problem.
walrus

Unread post by walrus »

I really like the new UC and am glad to see it have success. CCC you are decent enough to do
this so I see nothing wrong with your business being involved. Having said that I do have one issue that requires resolution. Too many Trolls. In order to maintain the integrity of this fine site I
think we need to start banning these Trolls. Start with the ringleader that might send a message and remedy the entire unfortunate situation. Now who is the biggest Troll.

The Walrus
Verified UC Troll
Russell

Unread post by Russell »

Ha!
Sharpie

Unread post by Sharpie »

vasta41 wrote:I wish our post counts could have been carried over... oh well, first world problem.
I second this.
Plus, did we ever come up with a way to denote people who were members in good standing (sale/trade reviews) of the old UC?
No matter where you go... there you are :|
Sharpie

Unread post by Sharpie »

walrus wrote:I really like the new UC and am glad to see it have success. CCC you are decent enough to do
this so I see nothing wrong with your business being involved. Having said that I do have one issue that requires resolution. Too many Trolls. In order to maintain the integrity of this fine site I
think we need to start banning these Trolls. Start with the ringleader that might send a message and remedy the entire unfortunate situation. Now who is the biggest Troll.

The Walrus
Verified UC Troll
Please define "Troll" ;)
Adam

Unread post by Adam »

Sharpie wrote:
vasta41 wrote:I wish our post counts could have been carried over... oh well, first world problem.
I second this.
Plus, did we ever come up with a way to denote people who were members in good standing (sale/trade reviews) of the old UC?
It was discussed and decided that nearly every current member was also a member of .net so 95% of members would have the designation of .net Alum.
Sharpie

Unread post by Sharpie »

Adam wrote:
Sharpie wrote: Plus, did we ever come up with a way to denote people who were members in good standing (sale/trade reviews) of the old UC?
It was discussed and decided that nearly every current member was also a member of .net so 95% of members would have the designation of .net Alum.
But... not all 95% have proven selling and/or trading practices. And with UC.net going dark, all of those comments & reviews go away.

I guess there really is no way to fix this, and I don't hold any of the UC Rebirthers accountable for it.
Just expressing my frustrations. Apologies :(

LLUC
Russell

Unread post by Russell »

I know what you are saying Sharpie. That's why I am encouraging everyone to bring over posts (including seller reviews) from the old board.
walrus

Unread post by walrus »

PS Sharpie I still do not know the true definition of a Troll (on a forum)is but I have grown to like the title. I did not bestow it upon myself. Whatever the definition is I am sure it fits me.
decksparadise

Unread post by decksparadise »

May your visitors increase so on..
Simplicity is beautiful.