Designer's, Dealers and United Cardists

Have questions or comments about the site?
DukeBoy
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 100

Designer's, Dealers and United Cardists

Unread post by DukeBoy »

I have decided to move this conversation here so it does not derail the topic anymore.
MagikFingerz wrote:
DukeBoy wrote:
BMPokerworld wrote:Because the original post he maybe a month or so ago was taking people away from the forum to his site. There are a lot of factors that go in to my decision as to whether or not I allow the post or not. I am not going to share them with you because then the people I am trying to keep out will know how to get in.

Thanks!
This thread is already taking us away from your site so it is little different other than the fact someone other than the designer posted the link. The difference is minor, but if you want to play semantics that is fine, but the same basic result is still there.

Step one post about a deck (does it matter who starts it)
Step two talk about the deck
Step three design responds to talk about deck
Step four (optional KS preview, or FB account with more pictures) leave this site to go look at said deck(possible talk about deck there too)
Come back to site and repeat(either on this deck or different deck)

Overall this site is talking about decks on KS or other sites or seeing if you can win the last post thread. So stopping a designer coming in and talking about a deck we have already posted seems to be counter productive to our ability to do the former.
You're leaving out the time factor. Someone new here isn't going to be stopped from posting unless they directly break the basic rules right off the bat, but if after some time all they have done is promoting and selling, then their agenda is clear.
But some are See post her to validate
BMPokerworld wrote:Nobody can invite a designer AND approve their post but me. I chose to allow the designer of this deck because it is very unique and not another Photoshopped deck that looks like crap, with a deck creator that has all the design ability of a rock.

Thanks!
So Mike gets to make the call on new members being able to talk about their deck and that is fine. I felt the Poker Buddy Deck that had a full design and was not 1 or two cards to start a KS was a new and inventive Idea, but Mike did not so That designer does not get to talk about his deck.
BMPokerworld wrote:What every seems to forget is before I resurrected UC, the only place to go was the Forum owned by that thief, Alex Yusupov. What happened when you went there and you said something he or one of his lackeys, Don Boyer or Joshua Robinson, didn't like? They banned you, shouted you down or hid your thread. God forbid you asked about why you didn't get the vortex decks that you paid for, Don the chief lackey, would rip into you defending his master like no tomorrow. So I felt that the playing card community should have a place where they could go and not worry about being banned because they offended the gatekeeper. I have never banned anyone because they have disagreed with me, nor have I had anyone shout someone down when I was clearly wrong. If that is the type of forum you want, then be my guest, leave and go over to the thief and his jokers.

To get this forum back up and running took quite a bit of time and about $1500. To be honest, I have not seen any noticeable uptick in sales because I own the forum. In fact, it is probably the opposite. Some people thing that I no longer should have a passionate opinion about a subject simply because I own the forum. Nobody is saying Mike is $.25 more for that deck, so let me buy it from him anyway because he pays for the forum. Nope, some people just want to pay the cheapest amount possible even when they know they are dealing with people who are less than reputable.

But the real kicker is this, we have quite a few designers & resellers that come to this forum and promote their deck or store, who did not buy 1 UC deck!!!! Now I have to ask you something, why should I let them continue to post here? Clearly they are here for their own benefit and not mine. If they cannot help support the forum that is helping them promote their deck or store for free, is that fair to me?

Thanks!
And I thank you for keeping the forum going, I did back the UC deck but I did it through KS do to not wanting to tie up my money as long as the Pre-order would have. If your primary focus for bringing the site back was to flood your store with loyal adoring UC Customers I think your slightly misguided. I think you should have as much right to a passionate opinion as the rest of us that are posting you’re a member of the forum too and where here before you took it over, but to be honest a fair number of your posts before taking the forum over were exactly this come check out the blog, we have these in stock, we will have these in stock, watch our review, I have a dent and ding sale come buy them cheap. If all they do is post to their site you do have the right to kick them off if you wish but then you begin to change the forum you took over. Russell allowed all of you to post about your other sites and sales, I have no idea how .net was run because that was before my time. you might want to reach out to the sellers and see if they want to buy an add that could drop below the search box and it would be random/optional. For the Designers you could bring back the Company pages in the used to be with the deck drafting board which is still allowed for us photoshop rocks.
10-4 over and out
BMPokerworld

Re: Designer's, Dealers and United Cardists

Unread post by BMPokerworld »

And I thank you for keeping the forum going, I did back the UC deck but I did it through KS do to not wanting to tie up my money as long as the Pre-order would have. If your primary focus for bringing the site back was to flood your store with loyal adoring UC Customers I think your slightly misguided. I think you should have as much right to a passionate opinion as the rest of us that are posting you’re a member of the forum too and where here before you took it over, but to be honest a fair number of your posts before taking the forum over were exactly this come check out the blog, we have these in stock, we will have these in stock, watch our review, I have a dent and ding sale come buy them cheap. If all they do is post to their site you do have the right to kick them off if you wish but then you begin to change the forum you took over. Russell allowed all of you to post about your other sites and sales, I have no idea how .net was run because that was before my time. you might want to reach out to the sellers and see if they want to buy an add that could drop below the search box and it would be random/optional. For the Designers you could bring back the Company pages in the used to be with the deck drafting board which is still allowed for us photoshop rocks.
Yes, I post about decks that I carry and decks that I am creating, but I also post a tremendous amount of content & information that has nothing to do with my store. I have no problem with people that are contributing members of the community posting about the decks they are selling or designing. What I have an issue with is when they only post when they want to talk about their deck or their store, that is the issue and I think I have made that quite clear.

Thanks!

EDIT: But it has changed quite a bit since I took over the forum. When Russell took over UC, there were not anywhere near the number of deck creators out there and the ones that were, were not just one hit wonders who knew nothing or cared very little for the hobby. Now there are multiple deck creators on KS every day. If I keep allowing them to come here and post about their deck and that is it, I can shut the forum down and make it just a landing page for people to advertise on.

Thanks!
DukeBoy

Unread post by DukeBoy »

BMPokerworld wrote: Yes, I post about decks that I carry and decks that I am creating, but I also post a tremendous amount of content & information that has nothing to do with my store. I have no problem with people that are contributing members of the community posting about the decks they are selling or designing. What I have an issue with is when they only post when they want to talk about their deck or their store, that is the issue and I think I have made that quite clear.

Thanks!
You do, and I have seen it more since you took over the forum. But why are all designers not allowed the leeway that you are giving the Carbon Fiber guy. I would agree that some designers that click change color on the courts and create a half ass back design do not need to come and tell us how they spend 10 hours creating the deck. But for us to be a “destination” forum I would like the ability to hear from designers as they create decks, it is the only way to get the deck right before KS unless I spend hours digging through Facebook and Deviant Art to try and find them there. As many one back designs that go up on KS and 2 days later get changed to 2 ways it would be great for designers to be able to drop the images here let us tear them apart and get it right the 1st time, which again is not your concern (making KS better), but to build the reputation that UC will help you tweak your deck seems like it would bring designers hear that then would become valued members of the forum. Some would not and then you have the right/choice to shut them down.
10-4 over and out
BMPokerworld

DukeBoy wrote:
BMPokerworld wrote: Yes, I post about decks that I carry and decks that I am creating, but I also post a tremendous amount of content & information that has nothing to do with my store. I have no problem with people that are contributing members of the community posting about the decks they are selling or designing. What I have an issue with is when they only post when they want to talk about their deck or their store, that is the issue and I think I have made that quite clear.

Thanks!
You do, and I have seen it more since you took over the forum. But why are all designers not allowed the leeway that you are giving the Carbon Fiber guy. I would agree that some designers that click change color on the courts and create a half ass back design do not need to come and tell us how they spend 10 hours creating the deck. But for us to be a “destination” forum I would like the ability to hear from designers as they create decks, it is the only way to get the deck right before KS unless I spend hours digging through Facebook and Deviant Art to try and find them there. As many one back designs that go up on KS and 2 days later get changed to 2 ways it would be great for designers to be able to drop the images here let us tear them apart and get it right the 1st time, which again is not your concern (making KS better), but to build the reputation that UC will help you tweak your deck seems like it would bring designers hear that then would become valued members of the forum. Some would not and then you have the right/choice to shut them down.

By then it is too late because you have already given them exposure, which is something I am not going to do any more. In case you haven't been paying attention, 90% of the deck creators don't make any changes to their deck after UC members make suggestions. In fact, most of them get insulted and leave the forum, but they still have advertised their deck here, right?. In addition, we have done it your way for over a year and what has happened? Very few of the designers have:

A) Contributed to this forum beyond their deck

B) Accepted the criticism and made changes

C) Have actually delivered the deck to their backers in a timely fashion.

Maybe the answer should be they should pay to advertise here. If they want to come here and just promote their deck, then maybe they should make an investment and by doing so, they will show their commitment to their deck and won't be getting everything for free.

Thanks!
DukeBoy

Unread post by DukeBoy »

Then if your going to have rules stick to the rules.
10-4 over and out
BMPokerworld

DukeBoy wrote:Then if your going to have rules stick to the rules.

I do stick to the rules. I am going to allow people on the forum who I think will enhance and add value for our members. If I don't think they will, then they stand a chance of not being approved as a member.

Thanks!